Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Ida Emean

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Assire var Anahid

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Fringilla Vigo

Votes: 77 18.9%

• Total voters
As well as many of the other faithful, St. Philippa was also besmirched with betraying the Kingdom, inducing riots and plotting a coup. Willemer, a heretic and sectarian, unlawfully appointed himself the title of archpriest, and ordered St. Philippa to be thrown into a dark dungeon, and to plague her with cold and hunger, until she confessed to her sins of which she was accused and repented. Also various instruments of torture were used to try and break her spirit. But ST. Philippa with distain, spit in his face and accused him of sodomy.

The heretic had her disrobed and whipped her with barbed wire and placed sharp splinters under her nails. While unceasingly preaching about his faith and denouncing the Goddess. But St. Philippa laughed at him and recommended to him to heal his sick mind. Willemer then gave the order to have her taken to the rack and stretched, while tearing her body with sharp hooks and burning her with candles. Although thus tormented, St. Philippa showed no weakness in body and indeed her resistance and endurance seemed almost superhuman. The executioner’s arms went limp and with fear they retreated from her. Then the filthy heretic, Willemer, began to threaten them and told them to continue the torment. They burned St. Philippa with red-hot irons, pulled her limbs out of their joints and pulled at her breasts with blacksmith tongs. And although she passed away from this torment, she confessed nothing.

The shameless heretic Willemer, we read in the books of our holy fathers, later suffered for this punishment and it was that lice and worms began to eat him alive, his entrails rotted away and he died miserably. His carcass carried with it a foul stench and nobody wanted to bury him, and so he was dropped in a swamp.

For the suffering and death of St. Philippa the eternal memory of a martyr’s crown rightfully belongs. Let us give the Great Mother Goddess praise for her lessons and teachings. Amen.

The life of St. Philippa, martyr of Mons Calvus,
From the Book of Martyrs compiled in the Breviary of Tretogor,
For the contemplation of the holy fathers and mothers.
Hmm. according to this, not Radovid started a Witch Hunt, but this priest, who hated Philippa and other sorcerers. I remember that in the books withc hunts started because some ppl searched for "The Avenger" , to stop her, and many females was killed during that madness. That was religious case, and I like it a lot more than that crazy-fever-lub-dub from poor Radovid.

Hmm. according to this, not Radovid started a Witch Hunt, but this priest, who hated Philippa and other sorcerers. I remember that in the books withc hunts started because some ppl searched for "The Avenger" , to stop her, and many females was killed during that madness. That was religious case, and I like it a lot more than that crazy-fever-lub-dub from poor Radovid.
I like to think that book Radovid used the religious nut-cases to kill Phillipa and drive the sorceresses out, the sorceresses are martyred and the church of the Eternal Fire gets the blame.

Thus Radovid kills two birds with one stone, securing control of his nation and being known as the Stern.

Game Radovid is just a one man wrecking crew, who makes the Church his little lapdog, then pimp slaps the mage filth with the force of 1000 suns.

Blessed be Radovid(s).

:radovidsmug:

Yeah henselt was prick anyway, i just think that others hate her because she burned army

Or they are indifferent towards her. Imo worse than being hated.

Radovid started it. Then somebody had to execute it - the witch hunters who kill the witches and priests (like Willemer) who can turn the tide of public opinion against them. Searching for "The Avenger" is just another pretext for annihilation of all mages, but not necessarily the main cause (which is politics and struggle for influence and power). As Willemer said, they were ready to use any mistake or pretext.

CDPR "murdered" sorceresses, which voted against Ciri's and Geralt's meeting in "Lady of the lake". Sabrina, Sheala, Assire, Keira [optional].

"KARMA" in action :hai:

Thinking about it, the whole 'challenge Ciri in any way and you will die!'t thing is quite common. Out of all the monarchs that decided it was in the state interest to assassinate Ciri only Meve is (potentially) still alive, and funnily enough, she was the only one who spoke out against the plan.

Then you have the girl (Iola the second?) who made fun of Ciri. She was killed by a plague Ciri brought from another universe (that didn't harm her of course.)

Then there is Coen, who whooped Ciri's ass at hand slaps and got a pitchfork in the gut for it.

This type of uncontrollable abuse of power is why we need Radovid to cleanse Ciri of her foul abilities.

Witchhunt was something mentioned in the books (1272-1276), its not something that CDPR created.

Actually those were two separate things... Priest was hunting for the Avenger, while Radovid wanted a revenge on Phillipa (and Djikstra) for the treatment she gave him over the years... Phillipa was assigned to be Radovids tutor.. she was the one who rised him...

Ultimately, CDPR could use it even for a 4th game, using the period of Witchhunt up till 1276, as a time when officials would try to hunt down Ciri..

Last edited:
Actually those were two separate things... Priest was hunting for the Avenger, while Radovid wanted a revenge on Phillipa (and Djikstra) for the treatment she gave him over the years... Phillipa was assigned to be Radovids tutor.. she was the one who rised him...

Ultimately, CDPR could use it even for a 4th game, using the period of Witchhunt up till 1276, as a time when officials would try to hunt down Ciri..

I jumped at the chance to get rid of that little shite Radovid...

Hurt Triss, Yen or their friends and my Geralt will get you. Ahahaha.

Also I have such a love for Philippa she became even sharper once her eyes were taken, and the back of forth between her and Geralt in the Sunstone mission was great, shes the one everyone loves to hate; I felt super sorry for Rita and Sile too...

Guess I have a soft spot for the Sorceresses. :x

shes the one everyone loves to hate;

Well i dont really "hate" her .But of course i don't like what she did in the past .
Yeah she's a B*tch, but also a great and interesting character and all in all well made.

To bad she did not get so much screen time in Witcher 3...

I jumped at the chance to get rid of that little shite Radovid...

Hurt Triss, Yen or their friends and my Geralt will get you. Ahahaha.

Also I have such a love for Philippa she became even sharper once her eyes were taken, and the back of forth between her and Geralt in the Sunstone mission was great, shes the one everyone loves to hate; I felt super sorry for Rita and Sile too...

Guess I have a soft spot for the Sorceresses. :x

Thinking about it, the whole 'challenge Ciri in any way and you will die!'t thing is quite common. Out of all the monarchs that decided it was in the state interest to assassinate Ciri only Meve is (potentially) still alive, and funnily enough, she was the only one who spoke out against the plan.

Then you have the girl (Iola the second?) who made fun of Ciri. She was killed by a plague Ciri brought from another universe (that didn't harm her of course.)

Then there is Coen, who whooped Ciri's ass at hand slaps and got a pitchfork in the gut for it.

The sword of destiny has two edges- Geralt is one and death is the other. By the end of the saga, Ciri takes on the role of death. When Geralt meets death on Sodden Hill, she says that when the time comes she will take Geralt by the hand and lead him into the mists. Then at the end of the saga, Ciri is the one leading him into the mists.

In Radovid's defense, he's actually right when it comes to Philippa and Sile.
Philipa and Sile at least aren't mad. In comparison to how many mages and non-humans were killed by Radovid's orders, they can be considered quite a good ladies.They may deserve punishment, but it doesn't justify his actions at all.

Philipa and Sile at least aren't mad. In comparison to how many mages and non-humans were killed by Radovid's orders, they can be considered quite a good ladies.They may deserve punishment, but it doesn't justify his actions at all.
Deus Vult.

Mages are basically responsible for every problem in the Witcher, Radovid is finally ending their tyranny.

Eternal fire light your path Radovid!

A Nilfgaardian spy's assessment of the northern Lodge sorceresses (Cynthia from Witcher 2):

Philippa "is the best there is, witcher. She has no equals, excepting perhaps the old elven sorceresses. You should see her cast spells... Light and graceful she is.... Philippa can conjure up the illusion of a garden full of flowers, fruit trees, and young elves of both sexes copulating merrily all the day. And the illusion is complete- the flowers have an aroma, the fruit and she-elves are juicy..." [Her weakness is] "Ambition, Infinite, boundless and burning like the Korath Desert."

"Sile's quite manly in her style. Precise, logical, exceptionally composed - but she lacks grace and suppleness."

"Triss Merigold is talented, but she lacks determination, courage and a certain cold willfulness that seems necessary."

"Keira Metz and Margarita Laux-Antille are both blase, seemingly resigned. One's a hedonist and nymphomaniac, the other cares only about her school. They lost enthusiasm for magic long ago."

Also Triss says in BoE "You have to get help from another magician. A more gifted one. More experienced. You know who I’m talking about" When talking to Geralt (meaning Yennifer)

Top Bottom