Patch 1.08 | What would you expect?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360 2h2 hours ago Curious... Anyone interested in checking out the patch notes for 1.08?

Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360 1h1 hour ago
@Marcin360 Alright. Coming later today - stay tuned. :)

He also confirmed the BlacjPearl quest will be fixed.
Thanks @RoBobG . I hope they had a look at our thread =D

---------- Updated at 01:38 PM ----------

I was wondering about something:

Should I create a new thread named "Patch 1.XX | What next updates do you expect?" after the actual release of patch 1.08?

I tried to change the thread title but it didn't work. The original title is still there. I spent quite some time writting down my own ideas and collecting yours, not to mention everything you said in the comments that I didn't include in the original post. It would be a pity if the thread was forgotten/let down because it's named "Patch 1.08". That would be even better to pin it at the top of the "Tech Support" forum.

I feel sorry to still read that kind of complaint. It may have a bit less details/lighting bells and whistles, but come on!
I am constantly impressed by the way TW3 looks, especially since I reached Skellige. I still don't understand how one can stay unmoved by the dozens of breath-taking landscapes available through out the game. PRobably the best looking game I have on PC. Hands down actually.

I dont see a complaint anywhere, did I miss something?
Good for you that you enjoy the graphics, I enjoy'em too actually.Yes the game looks good, but it could look much better and Im still looking towards the day its gonna look like it should have. Dosent mean I do not enjoy how it looks now. Please stop making things up.
It may have a bit less details/lighting bells and whistles, but come on!
Its not "a bit less" alright? Look up some comparsions, dont be ignorant.
Anyway, I would love to have an option to pin more then only one recipe.

I'm about to reach that quest's step. If I trigger the bug, I'll add it to the original post :)

Good point @Chareq ! Did you import your save and still get the rose?

I added these two ideas to the original post:
- "Add a notepad function through the game's (quest?) menu" , to keep a record of things we notice while exploring.
- "Add a mini-map directly in the quest-menu", to be able to track the quest location while browsing available quests and thereby organize exploration in a more efficient/enjoyable way.

Yeah I did import my TW2 save and the rose was there.

I dont see a complaint anywhere, did I miss something?
Good for you that you enjoy the graphics, I enjoy'em too actually.Yes the game looks good, but it could look much better and Im still looking towards the day its gonna look like it should have. Dosent mean I do not enjoy how it looks now. Please stop making things up.
I am not making things up. Demanding that the game looks like what the studio showed back in 2013 implies that what we have is not enough, doesn't it? In my opinion there is no "look like it should have" since the trailers where shown two years ago and that the game was still "Work in progress".

Its not "a bit less" alright? Look up some comparsions, dont be ignorant.
I don't need comparisons to acknowledge that there is a visual difference. There are some things that look worse, I never denied that fact. But please don't call me ignorant, because I've never been disrespectful with anybody here. But let's close the subject if you will, it's definitely not the aim of this thread ;)

Good one, I'll add it to the original post.

Yeah I did import my TW2 save and the rose was there.
Alright, I will add that to the original post :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Official patch 1.08 notes:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/54899-Patch-1-08-Notes

Last edited:
what about the "faithful friend" quest that cannot be completed ?
everyone has it if she/he chooses "ending 2", on every platform. (and since the game was launched)

you should add this to the 1st post.

I read the patch notes, but they did not talk about fixing the noble and soldier statuette quest problems during Final Preparations...

On PC 1.07 took away all of my Witcher gear and broke crafting. I can't craft any torso pieces nor can I spawn any Witcher gear with the console commands. I've also noticed alt tabbing and screenshotting with sweetfx/reshade causes crashing which it never did in the past.

I'd like to see these fixed.

a fix for the very low draw distance/ threading issue, grass, foliage, and npc's popping in front of geralt
riding roach on the fields i can see how the grass just spawns suddenly

Last edited:
better performance in the swamp
a fix for the very low draw distance/ threading issue, grass, foliage, and npc's popping in front of geralt
riding roach on the fields i can see how the grass just spaws suddenly
Pretty common problems which, I'm sure, they are already working on. And it's already more or less listed on the original post :)

what about the "faithful friend" quest that cannot be completed ?
everyone has it if she/he chooses "ending 2", on every platform. (and since the game was launched)

you should add this to the 1st post.
I am not far enough to know of that issue myself (I just arrived at Kaer Mohren =D ). But I'll add it to the original post if other people confirm what you say ;)

I read the patch notes, but they did not talk about fixing the noble and soldier statuette quest problems during Final Preparations...
I already read about the statuettes issues on the forums, so I'll add it to the original post.

fix bug quest: Skellige Most Wanted" : Werewolf not dying
fix bug quest: "
Collect 'Em All": quest not completing despite having all the cards

Last edited:
I really want a draw distance fix. Like it was on 1.01-1.02 patch. Now it looks horrible.

[video=youtube;GL-oeoqCYdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-oeoqCYdI[/video]

I hope this is not another intentional downgrade on PS4, because there is no difference in FPS between the patches. And PS4 still have terrible framedrops:

Last edited:
I am not far enough to know of that issue myself (I just arrived at Kaer Mohren =D ). But I'll add it to the original post if other people confirm what you say ;)

Well, it only happens to people who choose the ending #2 (which is btw the ending that requires the most "conditions" : there is only one "path" to arrive there, so maybe it's the most "difficult");

so, as most people want what is supposed to be the "good" ending (the "Witcher" ending), they won't get this "ending #2-exclusive-quest".

( for me, ending #2 is "dramatic" (but it's not the "bad" ending, eh...), but also the one which makes the more sense)

I've seen a few people that report the same bug, in this forum, though.

Last edited:
I really want a draw distance fix. Like it was on 1.01-1.02 patch. Now it looks horrible.

I hope this is not another intentional downgrade on PS4, because there is no difference in FPS between the patches. And PS4 still have terrible framedrops:
Alright, I'll detail the PS4/Consoles problems on the original post :). Maybe split the "Graphics/Performances" category into 2 paragraphs: 1) PC 2) Consoles.

Well, it only happens to people who choose the ending #2 (which is btw the ending that requires the most "conditions" : there is only one "path" to arrive there, so maybe it's the most "difficult");

so, as most people want what is supposed to be the "good" ending (the "Witcher" ending), they won't get this "ending #2-exclusive-quest".

( for me, ending #2 is "dramatic" (but it's not the "bad" ending, eh...), but also the one which makes the more sense)

I've seen a few people that report the same bug, in this forum, though.
Okay well, I'l try to add it to the original post without spoiling myself =D

I'll also add "Keep ICC / Color Management while running the game in fullscreen" to the original post.

Okay well, I'l try to add it to the original post without spoiling myself =D

Merci !

I propose : "the quest Faithful Friend (only available in the epilogue Something Ends, Something Begins II ) does never complete even if the player does all the actions that are required".

Here you have a brief description of all three endings; (look only once you have finished the game)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

this is absurd that we have to wait on a major patch just to fix achievements...then what..something else major breaks until the next patch...very unprofessional. Achievements and alot of quests have been broken for weeks now with patch 1.07 and instead of just hot fixes we get to wait for the next patch...how amateur. Don't expect me to be picking up your next game anytime close to release CDRP or even within the first year..since its obvious you rush your games without bug testing first.

Merci !

I propose : "the quest Faithful Friend (only available in the epilogue Something Ends, Something Begins II ) does never complete even if the player does all the actions that are required".

Here you have a brief description of all three endings; (look only once you have finished the game)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
Allright, good way to put it! I will not have a look at the endings, I'm currently at the "Brothers in Arms" quest :)

this is absurd that we have to wait on a major patch just to fix achievements...then what..something else major breaks until the next patch...very unprofessional. Achievements and alot of quests have been broken for weeks now with patch 1.07 and instead of just hot fixes we get to wait for the next patch...how amateur. Don't expect me to be picking up your next game anytime close to release CDRP or even within the first year..since its obvious you rush your games without bug testing first.
At least they try to fix things and add features. Go bitching somewhere else please. Complaining is not the aim of this thread ;)

---------------------------------------------------​

I finally stumbbled upon a quest-bug: I cannot encounter MAdman Jugos's son at the entrance of the "Cave of Dreams". The quest marker is not showing neither as soon as I reach Skellige. Not a big deal, I will report it to CDPR.

Allright, good way to put it! I will not have a look at the endings, I'm currently at the "Brothers in Arms" quest :)

At least they try to fix things and add features. Go bitching somewhere else please. Complaining is not the aim of this thread ;)

you telling me what I can and cant post is pompous at best when this IS the place to express our displeasure with the current state of this game. Especially when my post is directly related to having to wait weeks on a patch to fix a patch (which still isnt here btw), while achievements are still not working (should of just been hot fixed by now if there was any kind of professionalism going on at CDPR). i've had the constant FLURRY of immersion breaking bugs encountered on a daily basis while trying to complete this pile of coded mess...I was wrapped into the story but the coding mess and constantly having to get on and figure out why this bug or that bug exist totally ruined the experience. So you're wrong..this is the perfect place to express my displeasure..if you dont like it...exit stage left...nobody is forcing you to read..but dont tell me where I can post or cant post my displeasure, not sure who you think you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom