Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight's 20:20, mate.

In Flotsam, Geralt has no idea where these ghosts may be or when he might find them, even assuming he believed the 'prophecy' which is by no means certain. Triss, on the other hand has the guaranteed cure for his amnesia and the knowledge of how to apply it. So what's more likely? That he goes chasing off after some hairy fairy prophecy he lacks a location for or goes after the person with who he knows without doubt can cure him? Triss is key for that reason. The fact that he found other means and to cure his amnesia prior to rescuing/finding her is by the by.

It's not just hindsight, maybe it's a reason to progress on to chapter 2 but during that chapter he makes it clear that he knows already that clearing the mist is the key to returning his memory, and it does, all before we finally get to her at the end of chapter 3 So while going after her because she could be the key to returning his memory is valid reason to progress to chapter two, once you're there it is clearly not the case anymore and there's different reason to continue to go after her.

She never did.
You're right. She didn't openly lie to him. But she also didn't tell him crucial information about his previous life, information that would have changed their relationship, at least likely so. She kept him in the dark on purpose. That's not lying, true, but it's almost as bad as that.

Geralt has already remembered Yennefer. What are you talking about? Wouldn't it be worse for her to try to prevent him from remembering everything?
We don't know how much of her he remembered at that point. All we know is that he knows her name and some experiences. But the more he gets back the less appealing Triss gets. She knows that of course. So she has that internal conflict no matter what. That doesnt mean that she wants to trick Geralt. It just means that Geralt could think that. He could at least think that Triss wants to postpone his remembrance. So it's probably better to search for cure somewhere else. Or maybe Geralt is just disappointed about Triss and how she kept silent about Yen and Ciri(!) for so long (all of TW1 and quite some time of TW2). Many reasons thinkable why Geralt would want to search for an alternative way...

It's not just hindsight, maybe it's a reason to progress on to chapter 2 but during that chapter he makes it clear that he knows already that clearing the mist is the key to returning his memory, and it does, all before we finally get to her at the end of chapter 3 So while going after her because she could be the key to returning his memory is valid reason to progress to chapter two, once you're there it is clearly not the case anymore and there's different reason to continue to go after her.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Put yourself in the mindset of the character. What's more likely? That you'll look for someone you know for certain can cure your amnesia or trust to some vague words of a dying man? There's only one reason to progress and that's Triss. Once you start Chapter two and he discovers the mist is what Cedric was talking about, then you can say he's made a decision to regain his memory here rather than from Triss, not before.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Put yourself in the mindset of the character. What's more likely? That you'll look for someone you know for certain can cure your amnesia or trust to some vague words of a dying man? There's only one reason to progress and that's Triss. Once you start Chapter two and he discovers the mist is what Cedric was talking about, then you can say he's made a decision to regain his memory here rather than from Triss, not before.

I played tw1 and tw2 before Reading any Book, I put myself in the place of Geralt and for some reason never trusted Merigold. Honestly.

I have sent Alvin to Shani. It was a huge surprise to wake up in a forced romance with Trissin tw2, really :)

Only by the end of the game I started to think she wasn't a two face snake.

So I would not trust her for cure me if I was Geralt.

But that was my very personal experience. Planescape: Torment has made me a paranoid player :)

Any news from dev? I been absent for a while and now I am trying to catchup reading 100 plus pages.

Nothing yet......

Notice something when Geralt [size=-100]let Triss get tortured[/size], the line "bitch bit me" come directly from trailer "Killing monster" (with one word different but same tone)

But unlike the peasant girl, Triss kill all of those bastard herself :devil:

I actually wait for the next line "Bring her down, do it my way" when first hearing it how terrible of me :facepalm:

I played TW1, TW2, and read books twice, before games and after TW3, and I will choose Triss always when I'll replay games. For me #teamTriss forever.

Same here, played all the games and read the books. I am going to choose to Triss every time. My reason is simple, I love the character plus the book left so much to be desire in her relationship with Geralt.

Team Triss forever.

I played tw1 and tw2 before Reading any Book, I put myself in the place of Geralt and for some reason never trusted Merigold. Honestly.

I have sent Alvin to Shani. It was a huge surprise to wake up in a forced romance with Trissin tw2, really :)

But that was my very personal experience. Planescape: Torment has made me a paranoid player :)

And that's your play through. Frankly there is nothing wrong with that. For me it is the complete opposite, I got the impression that Geralt is stuck in a relationship that is unhealthy and mostly about lust than love honestly. He is unable to explore his love for Triss because, the books does not allow it. In the games however Geralt (ie The Players) are free to explore a beautiful relationship with Triss.

@Avin

Yeah I mean when it came to tw1 I was a triss person, though like you said it doesn't actually matter. In TW2 i kinda sorta had the same feelings towards her throughout the game, I was at least suspicious of her but I kind of saw it more as she was trying to keep both lives separate right up until she realized she couldn't and she ended up siding with Geralt. Plus she did give it all up to help clear him. Point is, even with her failings in the game she was at least a loyal friend it seemed

So I do see where you're coming from and kind of agree. Just a longer way of saying I agree

@DaWitcher

Yeah it was a hard choice for me kinda, like I wanted to see triss and geralt get together by the end of the games and I like the character from the book also even though she did do some questionable things. However, when I got to yen's question or choice I should say, I did feel that the books are telling me to have Geralt choose her but I actually personally wanted to see Geralt and triss together so yeah that's kind of the direction I go also.

It's a nice happy ending for me, even though as some people say it does kinda go against canon Geralt, but hey I'm not canon geralt

Last edited:
@DaWitcher

Interesting.

I think Triss love isn't candid and romantic as most people seem to believe. I think she, as Yen, as other Sorceress, are mostly obsessed with Geralt. Every woman in game seem obsessed in fact.

When I look at the games, seems that Triss tried to be like Yen (tw1) and failed with me. Now she's playing a romantic schoolgirl (tw3) in order to get Geralt.

She ommited info about Yen, she let them torture her for conquer him... I see Merigold as an obsessed woman.

But then again, in real life, on the long run, there's no such thing like a 100% good or bad relationship.

When I look at the games, seems that Triss tried to be like Yen (tw1) and failed with me. Now she's playing a romantic schoolgirl (tw3) in order to get Geralt.

Weird. I think that in TW3 she's really obviously trying to move on. Geralt's the one who has to pursue her and then take the leap to get her to stay. A bunch of folks even pointed to that in another thread as a reason why she would be a bad choice for Geralt.

I think Triss love isn't candid and romantic as most people seem to believe. I think she, as Yen, as other Sorceress, are mostly obsessed with Geralt. Every woman in game seem obsessed in fact.

I definitely think Triss' love for Geralt is candid, and her obsession was pretty much over, she was ready to let him go in TW3. If it was purely obsession then saying "Let's try again" would be good enough for Triss to stay (anything really would have been enough to stay if she had been obsessed).

Now she's playing a romantic schoolgirl (tw3) in order to get Geralt.
I'm guessing you are pointing to her behavior during the masquerade, as I see it, she was planning to leave and let Geralt go, and she just wanted some good final memories.

She ommited info about Yen
In the witcher 2, she told everything once he remembered her name and he asked about it. And in the Witcher 1 I see it as how the writing in the game was done, Yennefer simply doesn't exist, Ciri doesn't either, they had no idea they were going to create this trilogy at that point. Nobody tells geralt about yen\ciri, not vesimer, not dandelion, not lambert; All people you expect to mention Yen\Ciri.

she let them torture her for conquer him
Just.. No. During Count Reuven's Treasure you can already earlier say that your romance with Triss is a thing of the past (Conversation with Triss and Dijkstra). Triss is not expecting anything at that point. She lets herself get tortured because she wants to do the right thing and help Geralt\Ciri

I played TW1, TW2, and read books twice, before games and after TW3, and I will choose Triss always when I'll replay games. For me #teamTriss forever.

Same here, played all the games and read the books. I am going to choose to Triss every time. My reason is simple, I love the character plus the book left so much to be desire in her relationship with Geralt.

Team Triss forever.

And that's your play through. Frankly there is nothing wrong with that. For me it is the complete opposite, I got the impression that Geralt is stuck in a relationship that is unhealthy and mostly about lust than love honestly. He is unable to explore his love for Triss because, the books does not allow it. In the games however Geralt (ie The Players) are free to explore a beautiful relationship with Triss.

Last edited:
Same here. I don't dislike Yennefer but her relationship with Geralt never appealed to me in the books or in TW3.

I agree with Doug Cockle's view
https://youtu.be/GTsy43v2wIA?t=1035

Same here. I don't dislike Yennefer but her relationship with Geralt never appealed to me in the books or in TW3.

I agree with Doug Cockle's view
https://youtu.be/GTsy43v2wIA?t=1035

Not sure if right thread but I'm adding it here also. But I do agree and one main issue was just the way she kinda treats geralt, which I understand that she has reasons for it but still. It got tiresome. my opinion Tris and Geralt just come off more as... Loving I suppose, whereas yen comes off more as a love/hate relationship,

She has Reasons for her attitude but it doesn't mean you should treat the person that would do anything for you like crap. Again, my opinion. One that should be in triss vs yen thread. Srry

Time to cheer this dark place up :cheers2:
Another reason why I love Triss.It is for the fact that she is Open!
You can talk to her about everything
She might have a little drink to relax,to be funny,despite the situation
She is very easy to talk
When Geralt to be with her, he can't hide that he likes to be with her.

In her heart she is still a young girl
And I'm glad she found love early and the rest of her life she will hold in a Happy,Loving and Beloved
This is one of the many reasons:heart:

Yeah me too, she knows how to have fun even when using the excuse of the wine since she just took a few sips from the same cup but she already let herself enjoy the moment. It kills me everytime she runs downstairs towards the maze and she laughs out loud I love that part. I didn't expect to see that side of Triss from the Witcher 2 and seeing that on the Witcher 3 made me like her even more. I agree she is easy to talk to and I like how she can be focused and determined when the situation is serious as well as she can be open and have fun.

I watched both versions for the outfit and I liked both because she looks Giddy in one even if not dressing up as she asked and in the other she looks pleased and fun when one does dress as she asked.

Reason why i like the chestnut red hair sorceress ? Hmm it hard to describe why. For short i just....like her :lol:

For long:
-She is cheerful, joyful and funny (might not in Norvigad, but in Kovir there will be a lot of fun around thing start with the b with certain person :whistle:)
-She care for another people (espically mage, i love her dialogue state all mage in Norvigad are her friends)
-She learn from her mistake (some might disagree...)
-She show her fierce side to enemy, and show her soft side to people she care about
-She can do anything for her lover, and vice versa <--- perfect couple
-She have red hair and freckle

For conclusion, i want her happy in my game, and she only find happiness when with Geralt, that is where my decision set ;) Also i bet Geralt think exacly like me (not all Geralt, just many) :thumbsup:

For short i just....like her

This^

And that's why i try to not get involved in Triss vs Yen topic or hot arguments on the matter.

I've tried both, Triss is still the best for ME. I'm really not interested in what other might think about my decision. I trust only my feelings.

At the same time, i don't pretend any explanation from people who likes Yen. To each their own.

It's like in real life, sometime you JUST like someone. There's no need for explanation, i LIKE her character,with all the flaws. STOP.

This^

And that's why i try to not get involved in Triss vs Yen topic or hot arguments on the matter.

I've tried both, Triss is still the best for ME. I'm really not interested in what other might think about my decision. I trust only my feelings.

At the same time, i don't pretend any explanation from people who likes Yen. To each their own.

It's like in real life, sometime you JUST like someone. There's no need for explanation, i LIKE her character,with all the flaws. STOP.

I doubt my feeling once (with the game), never again :lol:

I still can't find enough strength to press the options "Farewell, Triss". No. NEVER (and i don't want to become an ass, an oaf, an twit...)

P.S: try to wrote "I love her". But nope, Geralt love Triss, we can only like her :whistle:

P.S.S: yeah try to not get involved in Triss vs Yen topic or anything relate to it from this point as well. I am old, tired, need to rest :lol:. Watching is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom