Patch 1.08 Notes

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing about fixing the skellige horse races where the race master is bugged and never shows and stopping most from completing that portion of their game...nice..also nothing about fixing the wolf school gear where maps 2 and 3 arent anywhere to be found sold in the game world nor are the loot boxes where they should be thus preventing people from upgrading alot of their wolf gear. What a buggy mess...amateurs.

You buy the maps from the blacksmith at Kaer Muire but if you killed everyone there then you need to Google the locations. This is an effect due to picking cerys or her brother to the throne. The Wolf Gear can be upgraded but you need to follow a guide to do so. A lot of the bugs are being worked on and the game is seriously huge so it will take time. Most of the quests that are bugged are DLC quests and can be completed any time after the game.

Last edited:
there is still 1 issue that you guys have to fix it is the skelliage music issue. in it once you enter skelliage and start the kings gambit quest the entire music in skelliage stops playin. there has to be a fix of this thing in the upcoming update. this is very important.

Remember that we got patch 1.07 and Ciri's DLC friday late? There is still hope! C'mon CDPR, exceed our expectations!:threaten:

Indeed, I'd be tremendously happy if that was the case. Even if I won't be able to play it throughout the weekend, you lot will.

18 days and counting since the disaster that was 1.07.. 18 days where the games most important achievements are 100% useless...... 18 days since a supposed fix caused more problems than it helped. 18 days which is at least two weeks longer than it should have taken to fix the achievement issue... Really sad... 18 days !!

Doing a great job CDPR! 1.07 was a great patch, still needs a few tweaks but I'm confident 1.08 and beyond will resolve. This game makes my PC shine! Masterpiece and you know it! :respect:

You're expecting the programmers who coded TW3 to be able to do something that the programmers who coded DAI to do. Seriously? It's not a question of whether or not it can be done at all by anyone. It's a question of whether or not it can be done by the people at CDPR which it clearly cannot so why even invite such a comparison?

This is not a Dragon Age Inquisition mod/extension/expansion/DLC/wannabe. It's its own beast and sadly was left in the hands of developers who bit off far more than they could chew. Just be happy it runs at all. If they knew how to improve the code, they would have done so by now. It's clear they don't.

---------- Updated at 11:31 PM ----------

Remember that we got patch 1.07 and Ciri's DLC friday late? There is still hope! C'mon CDPR, exceed our expectations!:threaten:

I'd much rather they took their time and got it right the first time but as it is, even they are admitting there will be future patches to fix the things still broken by 1.07 and I'd venture to say we'll probably need another couple just to deal with whatever gets broken by NG+ and 1.08. Do you really want to rush them given their past history of patch debacles?

---------- Updated at 11:32 PM ----------

No, actually, I was thinking I like Ponies.

Last edited by a moderator:
You buy the maps from the blacksmith at Kaer Muire but if you killed everyone there then you need to Google the locations. This is an effect due to picking cerys or her brother to the throne. The Wolf Gear can be upgraded but you need to follow a guide to do so. A lot of the bugs are being worked on and the game is seriously huge so it will take time. Most of the quests that are bugged are DLC quests and can be completed any time after the game.

thats what im saying, i've googled the locations and the upgrades arent at the locations they're supposed to be at..hence the fact that its bugged and I cannot get my wolven sword to superior or mastercraft because I cant get it to enhanced even though I have superior and mastercraft...if you google the problem im not the only one...its a bug in the game...one of the 100's with this poorly coded game. I did do some more research on the horse races though, it wasnt bugged, I just hadnt done another side quest in skellige...but ya i've been to every armorer and blacksmith in skellige include whose suppose to sell the maps in kier muire and there is no maps for parts 2/3 hence why its bugged. Testing and quality assurance should be on a higher standard then this..especially on DLC thats released after the game...no excuse except programmers that dont obviously know what they're doing with a game this massive.

Last edited:
Thank you for the patch, CD Projket Red! But still, I can't help but feel a little worried about the Firestream nerf / bug that wasn't mentioned in 1.07.

Is it going to be fixed with 1.08? I don't mind balance changes to the game, but that change effectively rendered firestream useless and it is one of the most important skills in one of the three main skill trees.

I'd much rather they took their time and got it right the first time but as it is, even they are admitting there will be future patches to fix the things still broken by 1.07 and I'd venture to say we'll probably need another couple just to deal with whatever gets broken by NG+ and 1.08. Do you really want to rush them given their past history of patch debacles?

---------- Updated at 11:32 PM ----------

Definitely agree I want them to fix it right, however, I certainly don't think any of these problems can be attributed to them having "rushed" one damn thing. 1.07 was nearly a month in the works resulting in epic failure, and I think it's safe to say they aren't rushing to get 1.08 out.... "Rushing" isn't a word I associate with these last few patches..... Sadly the only word I think of when considering these last few patches is failure. 1.08 isn't even out yet and is already something of a failure when factoring the incredibly excessive time taken, and the fact that, (CDPR admitted already), problems that have existed since launch still won't be fixed...

This is honestly becoming a joke...

Hey! Guess what's -not- funny?

Making fun of another culture and offending people -from- that culture, who then report you! Yes!

Probably should bounce a few people, instead, a Pony of Reminder.

Oh, and on a more personal note: I was around for DAI launch. An if you think it was smooth or DAI was any less buggy than W3, you must have some serious rose in those glasses. The Hinterlands crashing? Massive lag? Ring any bells? Plen-ty of screaming anger to go around then.

No dev is perfect. Or anything close. Buying a complex piece of software is always going to be a risk.

Making fun of another culture and offending people -from- that culture, who then report you! Yes!

Oh, and on a more personal note: I was around for DAI launch. An if you think it was smooth or DAI was any less buggy than W3, you must have some serious rose in those glasses. The Hinterlands crashing? Massive lag? Ring any bells? Plen-ty of screaming anger to go around then.

No dev is perfect. Or anything close. Buying a complex piece of software is always going to be a risk.

Chin up...

How rude are some of these comments, instead of rallying up against the developers we should be supporting them. You're acting like they don't know what they're doing when what we can be doing is supporting them by reporting the bugs we know and being patient instead of complaining about the same bugs over and over again. So many games have really bad bugs even from the most talented developers and it's not because they don't know what they're doing. And ok even if patch 1.08 doesn't fix everything the most important fixes are being made and the game will be constantly be receiving updates like the majority of games out there receive updates all the time. No games are perfect, not because they're rushed or because of the developers but games are a lot more huge and complex. Name one game in the past 5 years that hasn't had its fair share of problems. At least these developers are letting you know what fixes are coming as some just leave you in the dark. The developers want this game to be working as much as everyone else does hence why they're working hard to do that. I trust CDPR as with this game and previous games they have proven to be very talented developers, they will have this game sorted but with every patch it has to be tested and a game this huge and complex even testing takes time and it is a lot of back and forth trial and error. So patch 1.07 messed things up, those things happen in the game world. Also don't say 1.08 will break the game until it is released then voice if it has or it hasn't by doing, I don't know, a bug report? shooting people down is unfair when they're working hard to help you guys out. Even the most talented developers still mess up, look at what happened with Ubisofts Assassins Creed Unity. Games of a large scale are very complex and take time, just have to be patient and try being helpful instead of going against them.

Dragon age inquisition? haha in truth it was a good game, not Dragon Age 1 good but good. Both of them pale in front of this masterpiece though and don't get me started comparing CDPR with EA? EA?! seriously?! You must work for them or just trolling, there is no other logical explanation..

---------- Updated at 03:31 AM ----------

Truly you guys should publish some sales numbers, just for a laugh, see how much the so called "competition" is lagging behind by now hahaha

Last edited:
How rude are some of these comments, instead of rallying up against the developers we should be supporting them. You're acting like they don't know what they're doing when what we can be doing is supporting them by reporting the bugs we know and being patient instead of complaining about the same bugs over and over again. So many games have really bad bugs even from the most talented developers and it's not because they don't know what they're doing. And ok even if patch 1.08 doesn't fix everything the most important fixes are being made and the game will be constantly be receiving updates like the majority of games out there receive updates all the time. No games are perfect, not because they're rushed or because of the developers but games are a lot more huge and complex. Name one game in the past 5 years that hasn't had its fair share of problems. At least these developers are letting you know what fixes are coming as some just leave you in the dark. The developers want this game to be working as much as everyone else does hence why they're working hard to do that. I trust CDPR as with this game and previous games they have proven to be very talented developers, they will have this game sorted but with every patch it has to be tested and a game this huge and complex even testing takes time and it is a lot of back and forth trial and error. So patch 1.07 messed things up, those things happen in the game world. Also don't say 1.08 will break the game until it is released then voice if it has or it hasn't by doing, I don't know, a bug report? shooting people down is unfair when they're working hard to help you guys out. Even the most talented developers still mess up, look at what happened with Ubisofts Assassins Creed Unity. Games of a large scale are very complex and take time, just have to be patient and try being helpful instead of going against them.

I have to àgree that the tone (myself included) is less than stellar, but I have just reached the fed up point and had to express my sincere disappointment. Also, the fact is, the CDPR community (again, myself included) does and has reported bugs. The same bugs in fact, over and over and over, and they still aren't fixed. How long has there been issues with "Get Junior" or "The Claywich Merchant" or the "Statuettes" etc, etc etc ?? Almost three months, and they aren't one bit closer to fixed than they ever have been. I think we have been more than "patient". I 100% understand no game is perfect nowadays especially with the scope of them, but to compare the problems this game is having to increasing mediocrity throughout the industry, and to use that as your basis as an argument as to why it is okay, seems like insane thinking to me. I'm not sure what your definition of being kept in the dark is, but one cryptic comment in 18 days is close enough for me. Also, can you honestly deny that if proper testing was done prior to release (of the game itself and 1.07 in particular) that a bunch of these bugs would have been found? It' s not like they just magically appeared after release. I hope that the dev's are working hard. They should be. I know I work hard everyday. You're supposed to. It's not a reason to just accept all the bullshit associated with this game, primarily since 1.07 development and release until now. I hear ya about Assassin's Creed Unity but guess what, I didn't buy it, don't own it, never will, because of all the shit I know will come with its release. I expected more from CDPR. Maybe I shouldn't have. I guess that is my problem..

Listen man, I went out and spent $400 on a PS4 and another $60 I could barely afford just to play this game. How's that for confidence and support of CDPR? I don't think I'm wrong or even the slightest bit unreasonable to expect this game to be 99% problem free and to be pissed when it isn't. My entire problem and anger has arisen with how they have handled this most recent patch (1.08). To make people wait over 18 days to correct the achievement issue they caused with the last patch and then issue a comment saying the patch fix won't be retroactive, like its no big deal..... is maddening as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if this delay is because all the bad press they got after that comment... If they had fixed the achievement bug in a dedicated patch after a few days and said, the next patch will be a while because we want it to be as perfect as possible I would have been more than happy with that... Even the patch notes say "issues which "may" have been caused by 1.07". More like "issues that clearly were caused by 1.07"... Nothing like being made to feel like your an idiot...

Just bring it on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom