+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely player choice not Geralt from the books.
We were talking about the events of TW1 and TW2, not about what Geralt-from-the-book-who-didn't-have-amnesia would do. And in TW1 and TW2 (I say this about TW1 without saying "option" because of how TW2 started) he chooses Triss.

Then you shouldn't trust Dandelion, Zoltan, other witchers because they didn't tell him about Yennefer either.

It's really hard to explain why they did hide any information about Ciri and Yennefer from Geralt in TW1. Only Triss's silence looks reasonable.
I have only real explanation - TW1 devs team wanted to make a real new story about Geralt. About new Geralt.

:what2:: The first rule of YenneferCiri - you don't talk about YenneferCIri
:surprised:: Sure
:skepticalzoltan:: Got it
:wondering:: My lips are sealed

But the devs from TW2 decided to turn back to background. And SUDDENLY Dandelion acts like "Pfff, Geralt, are you silly, I thought you know about Ciri and Yen that's why I thought I don't have to tell you".

It's really hard to explain why they did hide any information about Ciri and Yennefer from Geralt in TW1. Only Triss's silence looks reasonable.
I have only real explanation - TW1 devs team wanted to make a real new story about Geralt. About new Geralt.

:what2:: The first rule of YenneferCiri - you don't talk about YenneferCIri
:surprised:: Sure
:skepticalzoltan:: Got it
:wondering:: My lips are sealed

But the devs from TW2 decided to turn back to background. And SUDDENLY Dandelion acts like "Pfff, Geralt, are you silly, I thought you know about Ciri and Yen that's why I thought I don't have to tell you".
In TW1 all suffered by selected amnesia sindrom.

We were talking about the events of TW1 and TW2, not about what Geralt-from-the-book-who-didn't-have-amnesia would do. And in TW1 and TW2 (I say this about TW1 without saying "option" because of how TW2 started) he chooses Triss.
No. It's player choice. I can chose Shani or not romance Triss in W2. So it's wrong to say Geralt chose as it's totally player choice. The only choice Geralt made is Geralt from books and his choice well known.

No. It's player choice. I can chose Shani
And he still ends up being with Triss.
not romance Triss in W2
She is romaced by default, you can choose not to give her the Rose, but she is still considered a love interest, because there is this "parting" after TW2, you can't "part" with your ordinary friend. You are trying to deny what really was in the game and that it was Geralt, not some other witcher.
There is something like "canon" in games that results in the state of the world at the beginning of TW3. You could let Thaler die in TW1, but he is still alive in TW3. You could romance Shani in TW1, but Geralt is still with Triss in TW2 (though they explained it in Dandelion's note, but still) etc.

Ok. If you think W3 has canon than Geralt didn't choose Triss as he breaks with her after W2. Speaking of W1 you can romance both girls. In W2 Triss romance is forced at the start but you can chose not to trust her and not to have any romance scenes except first one. So it's up to player. Not Geralt. The only moment that you can't chose is start of the W2. And yes you can say that at the start of the W2 Geralt chose Triss. But even this isn't canon as at the start of W3 they are on their own. So canon is that he breaks with her after W2 end.

If you think W3 has canon than Geralt didn't choose Triss as he breaks with her after W2.
The only thing you can say about TW3 is that you have to choose. If Yennefer was romanced by default, it would be canon, even if you could part with her. But he doesn't, so canon in TW3 is having a choice between them.
In W2 Triss romance is forced at the start
And it means that Geralt chose Triss and it doesn't depend on player.
you can chose not to trust her and not to have any romance scenes except first one. So it's up to player. Not Geralt.
It's up to player how to speak with her, but it's up to Geralt if she is his love interest at this point or not. And she is, considering they still have to part after those events.
But even this isn't canon as at the start of W3 they are on their own.
It is canon that he chose her and it is canon they broke. Nothing's wrong with this statement.

Triss is canon for the whole W2 and, considering they are together in W2, for TW1 too.

If you romanced Shani in TW1,you get this journal entry:
Some of you have surely heard the rumors about the relationship that bloomed between the young medic Shani and Geralt. I hasten to inform you that they are all true. I consider Shani a friend both true and old. We go back to the days when I lectured in minstrelsy at Oxenfurt University, and I was the one to introduce her to the witcher. Upon Geralt's return to the living, they were reunited in Vizima, where the red-haired medic competed with Triss Merigold for Geralt's heart. She emerged victorious from the rivalry. The flame of their romance blazed bright, but it burned out quickly. Though a very young woman, Shani proved more mature than the witcher, who had always found relationships puzzling and difficult. Geralt would dodge his obligations towards her, preferring instead to pursue the missions King Foltest assigned him. The medic quickly realized this flour would yield no bread. She had a serious conversation with the witcher, and they parted amicably. Shani accepted an offer to teach at Oxenfurt and left for that city, whereas Geralt followed Foltest to the lands of the La Valettes. After splitting with Shani, the witcher needed comforting and quickly found solace in Triss Merigold's arms.

I know. It still means that Triss' choice was preferable, though I can agree that calling it "canon" is a bit wrong.

I'd prefer for Triss romance to be canon in TW1,instead of having this stupid journal entry.If Geralt chose Shani in TW1,then he breaks up with Triss for a second time ,but she's still totally ok to try again with Geralt in TW2.Girl,have some self respect.

I'd prefer for Triss romance to be canon in TW1,instead of having this stupid journal entry.If Geralt chose Shani in TW1,then he breaks up with Triss for a second time ,but she's still totally ok to try again with Geralt in TW2.Girl,have some self respect.
Nah it's ok. It reminds me books Triss who was ready to sell her sould in order to be with Geralt. She is so obsessed with him that is hurts...

I meant this myself. Still they had to justify not having consequences of choice made in TW1, so this entry could appear.
Btw.
breaks up with Triss for a second time ,but she's still totally ok to try again with Geralt in TW2.Girl,have some self respect.
Remember how many times Geralt and Yen broke up in books ;)

I thought that by the end of the books she grown out of it.
He probably meant her asking Ciri to sail with them at the end of the last book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom