Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the mistake is not in the player-reader but the Dev-reader who could have failed trying to portraiting Yennefer omitting some information because he / she already had it in his head beforehand..
Could be...maybe that is the reason why Bloody Baron and Crones are the best part of W3...Unlike Yenn, they are not book characters and we didn't expect anything :D

Yes but on the other hand, there are MANY complaints on how CDPR 'pushes' you to choose Yen. I've seen it here and on other sites as well. It's how Geralt behaves with Yen, for example. It's Priscilla's song. The prologue dream scene , the rose of remembrance dying etc (Of course I love those things ;D) .So there are two sides of the same coin here.

The only thing I would change (apart from the lack of Yen-Ciri moments, duh) is the placement of the possibility to romance Triss - it's wayyy to early, before you even get to know Yen.

Yes, there are these players, of course, and who don't like at all the game. but which rate compared with those who feel trapped with the only way to make Triss stay? They've suddenly find themselves forbidden to romance Yen if they want avoid the threesome ending. Too confuse if we keep in mind that they are SIDEquests.

Some people just can't(or don't want to) understand the character.That's not necessarily CDPR fault.Remember this dialogue between Yen and Geralt?
-Yen,look me in the eye...What're you plotting?
-Many things...How to seize Temerian crown,how to sell Kaer Morhen out from under you.

There are people,who actually took her words seriously:facepalm: I'm not joking.

Could be...maybe that is the reason why Bloody Baron and Crones are the best part of W3...Unlike Yenn, they are not book characters and we didn't expect anything :D

Nope the reason was book characters have to act in the established way. This is by far the biggest reason i hated Yen and Ciri, cause geralt is also supposed to act in a certain way around them. Problem is CDPR's writers lose a lot of freedom to write when those characters are involved. The whole point of Geralt's amnesia was to give them the writing freedom. This is why a lot of act 3 weak as its by the far the act where Yen and Ciri are most involved and in a RPG when you lose a lot of choice to etablish on how your character acts or his motivations it tends to weaken the game.

So yea hope the expansions are more their original characters because CDPR generally tend to hit it out of the park when it comes to their own writing with their own characters.

It is idiotic to stand up to Yen ;) But he doesn't stand up to her.She warns him that they should end the discussion.If Geralt is stupid enough to persue it,he gets what he deserves.

He does stand up to her. Maybe turning the other cheek to her unreasonable behaviour is the safer course but that doesn't mean confronting her is stupid. Yen can't claim the higher ground after her actions.

It is idiotic to stand up to Yen But he doesn't stand up to her.She warns him that they should end the discussion.If Geralt is stupid enough to persue it,he gets what he deserves.

Well, yes Geralt acts like a dick in that circumstance, but gladly enough when you came back to KM you can piss of her even further telling her

Mhm.The view from there...spectacular :lol:

Ah the CHOICES .

Well, IRL you could expect a slap in the face for a such kind conversation with your ex :lol: (it bugs me to write it about Yen :D)

I get along alright with my ex-wife, but if she came to my place and started destroying my furniture, I certainly wouldn't 'expect' to be tased or slapped and then threatened when I asked her what the hell her problem was. And I'd definitely call the cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom