PC patch 1.08 Jumpin' drowners!

+
PC patch 1.08 Jumpin' drowners!

So after the upgrade to 1.08 on my PC, the drowners are jumping into the air on death. I have the game set on max graphics, all 15 current dlcs are installed.

They are blown away by how awesome Geralt is.

They be like WHAT

*head asplode*

I don't think this is a bug, just a weird interaction of the physics system, like how Geralt sometimes does the same thing when he dies, I've had Drowners do that relatively frequently since 1.0

Here's JesseCox on 1.02 with Drowners definitely doing just that - https://youtu.be/f5Gof38-t8U?t=41m54s

Not sure if any of the following patches stopped it, I didn't play very extensively on any of the patches after 1.04, but if there's any solid video evidence than feel free to post it.

Yes I think this is the nature of the ragdolls. IMO the only way to do deaths right in games is to start it off with a scripted animation and have it turn into ragdoll once they touch the ground. More realistic, less likely to get these bouncing models. Waterhags are the worst for it.

Geralt always does his stupid little stiff jump after he dies for me (since release). Really cringeworthy and makes the death scene look like 1999 all over (Gothic etc).

You usually get flying ragdolls when they clip into the collision/bounds/markers or whatever the devs naming convention is..

They didn't name it havoc without reason after all! ;)

I can confirm this has been there all along. Sometimes, I send bandits cartwheeling, too.

Geralt always does his stupid little stiff jump after he dies for me (since release). Really cringeworthy and makes the death scene look like 1999 all over (Gothic etc).

Yeah it's a minor bug, but kinda annoying actually. His death stagger in TW2 was so epic.

:pride:

Top Bottom