Improve DOF?

+
Btw, do you have any idea why the DOF is "disabled" when using the Freecam from Debug Console?

Everytime i hear word reshade i die a little inside.
Didn't want to make you die a little more mate, sorry for that.
But it looks decent. Especially in 'photo mode'. I've been using it only a limited amount of time tho.

The second one is veeery subtle, but obviously you can change the radius/focus on the fly.

Only downside of course is the blurry text. But if one doesn't set the amount of DoF too high, it's still reasonable to play the game. As long as a dedicated mod hits Nexus, the OP could live with that for now couldn't he? ^.^

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

I wish CDPR would just get on a roll with community:

WB, which is a super user-unfriendly publisher allowed Monolith to make and publish full-blown photo mode for Shadow of Mordor.
I kinda wish CDPR would dedicate some of their time to actually give us similar things, basically 80% of the job is already done but simply not available to the end-user normally.

Why don't they give us access to debug mode by default? Why do we have to rely on external hack to access something that's already in the game.
Native free-cam would be nice already, even for console players (for whatever reason, lol).

Then allow us to modify light/dof/AO on the fly, perhaps spawn some local lights or spotlights and Witcher 3 would have insane amount of artworks based on artistic screenshots.

I don't get whether they have no idea about what would make the community happy or they don't have time or resources.
At least expose all of above to wscript, then somebody will do the job eventually for them.

Allowing us to access debug features without a .dll hack would be a good start.

Perhaps this is something CDPR folks might want to look into after HoS is released, @Marcin Momot

lets hope some employees do this kind of stuff on their free time similarly to the witcher 2 combat mod.... hopefully :)

Everytime i hear word reshade i die a little inside.

No one is forcing you to use it. :p

Me personally I find it a lot of fun as I often colour correct/photshop images and photos and SweetFX/Reshade is just that, but just for games. I find it especially useful for games with next to no visual mods available. However if most of the stuff that Reshade tweaks/enables can already be altered within the actual game engine that is always going to be the prefered option. especially since many effects can come with quite big performance drops.

Using Reshade to add DoF to The Witcher 3 is very flawed as it's a pretty much a fullscreen effect and letting us control the DoF that is already in the game would be a million times better, no doubt.

there are some env's that have pretty dope DoF values:

no ReShade used.

Attachments

• 4dApjv2.jpg
    4dApjv2.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 65
  • XvtkWdW.jpg
    XvtkWdW.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 71
  • JLINK0i.jpg
    JLINK0i.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 96
  • yrZvloe.jpg
    yrZvloe.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 85
there are some env's that have pretty dope DoF values:

no ReShade used.

Yes, thanks to you with your Ultimate Lighting Mod we can now finally apply DoF properly.

STLM+My Preset+env_skellige_leshy_forest_v3.env(aka Grim Environment Lighting) = I am in heaven! :D

The above screenshot was taken using a higher envblend value. For a more subtle DoF just to make some LOD issues that are exposed when using STLM and in order to not lose too much skybox detail I recommend setting envblend for the grim lighting ENV file to 10%.

Yes, thanks to you with your Ultimate Lighting Mod we can now finally apply DoF properly.

STLM+My Preset+env_skellige_leshy_forest_v3.env(aka Grim Environment Lighting) = I am in heaven! :D

The above screenshot was taken using a higher envblend value. For a more subtle DoF just to make some LOD issues that are exposed when using STLM and in order to not lose too much skybox detail I recommend setting envblend for the grim lighting ENV file to 10%.

looks good, but can you try:

env_prolog_colors_interior.env

that one has some very high DoF too, just wanna see what it looks like with your settings.

looks good, but can you try:

env_prolog_colors_interior.env

that one has some very high DoF too, just wanna see what it looks like with your settings.

I see, that one does seem to only apply DoF without really affecting the sky or the colours so that is probably the best option if all you wanna do is add more DoF to the game.

Still, the grim one provides an atmosphere that is truly special.

I still kinda wish that CDPR would just expose all environment variables to wscript.

Having to mess with full sets and just blending between them is one hell of a roundabout solution.

I thought someone around here managed to edit or at least open env files?

Top Bottom