kickstarter for CP 2077?

+
This is the first time I checked CP 2077 forum page. I always thought that Sardukhar is just a guy come to forum warn people or to close the thread. Good to know he is more than that :surprise:. I think its Wither 3 dark world made him tough::). (Off topic, I know)

Naw, this is his domain, on the dark side.

Hmmm. Yes. Off-topic. Beware of imminent ponies.

Always the fucking ponies... where ever I go... they... they haunt me... when ever I turn my head, I... I....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is very quickly moving toward the state where every post either contains a pony or comment about ponys and less cyberpunk.

MAybe it is part of a sinister grand design to hijack this forum and turn it into a pony forum? Kind of ironic that the instigator is using off-topic posts as a casus belli to ponetize it further

Last edited:
Yeah, they really need to pull in the reins befor it trots all over the paddock.... I (and I think most of us do) say neigh to have to constantly endure the constant riding of these memes! But, I guess, that just like everything on the internet, this will also balk at any attempt to hobble it...

:p

I don't think WB Games had a major say in the development of Wild Hunt. I may be wrong about that, but I have a feeling that CDPR would have ditched them if that were the case. Their involvement certainly wasn't crucial.
TW3 was published entirely by CDPR. WB, Namco Bandai etc. were only distributors, however they were helping in marketing area along with MS and Sony. CDPR guys don't need crowdfunding. CD Projekt Group is listed on Warsaw stock exchange - it would be weird, if medium size public company would need crowdfunding for AAA game. They are self-sufficient, but Cyberpunk requires a lot of time and silence.

Well, again, to reiterate...I'm not sure what budget decision had them reuse voice actors alllll over the place, but they did, it was obvious and kind of suck.

So, sure, crowdfund some voice actors! Maybe it'll embarass them into spending more on the actors and less on something else next time. Marketing, maybe.

It will only detract from the game. This is why:
That's a false argument. Why? Because making a Kickstarter-supported game does not mean developers have to "design stuff by a committee". All you have to do is doing all you promised on Kickstarter and even that stuff is what you want to do and is planned by you before putting it up on Kickstarter as goals. There are a plenty of Kickstarter projects where backers aren't interfering with development proccess. In fact the only major problem for CDPR would be releasing infromation on the project, thus not being able to control hype about the game and promising too much and not being able to deliver all promises.

Hell if I had the money I would give them 10 million bucks and tell them to just make it great. The only condition I would make is "DO NOT DUMB IT DOWN FOR CASUAL GAMERS." It is the stupid investors that make games go that way, dumbing things down all the time.

Trust me I would invest several million dollars in the right project to fight that trend if the project was good enough, and of course, if I had several million dollars.

cons: the game is dumbed down for casual gamers a "more wider audience" which means lesser quality, lesser cyberpunk quality :C

Forum veteran
Hell if I had the money I would give them 10 million bucks and tell them to just make it great.
And they'd respond, "Hey, thanks, that's almost a third of our advertising budget covered. How nice." Seriously. Look up how much they spent on advertising for Witcher 3.

cons: the game is dumbed down for casual gamers a "more wider audience" which means lesser quality, lesser cyberpunk quality :C
I take it you can play through the entirety of Volgarr the Viking without dying, then? After all, it was Kickstarted, so it must have been dumbed down.

There are a lot of reasons why Kickstarter is a bad idea in this case: physical rewards always seeming to cost more than developers plan for, a lack of communication not flying in the crowdfunding sphere, them not needing the extra money, etcetera. Games being dumbed down isn't one of them, nor has there any been any indication that this is the case. Wasteland 2? Not dumbed down. Divinity: Original Sin? Not dumbed down. Pillars of Eternity? Not dumbed down. And etcetera again.

/micdrop

And they'd respond, "Hey, thanks, that's almost a third of our advertising budget covered. How nice." Seriously. Look up how much they spent on advertising for Witcher 3.

I take it you can play through the entirety of Volgarr the Viking without dying, then? After all, it was Kickstarted, so it must have been dumbed down.

There are a lot of reasons why Kickstarter is a bad idea in this case: physical rewards always seeming to cost more than developers plan for, a lack of communication not flying in the crowdfunding sphere, them not needing the extra money, etcetera. Games being dumbed down isn't one of them, nor has there any been any indication that this is the case. Wasteland 2? Not dumbed down. Divinity: Original Sin? Not dumbed down. Pillars of Eternity? Not dumbed down. And etcetera again.

/micdrop

you're damn right, kickstarter for pillars of eternity and satellite reign went very well, so, kickstarter for cp2077 can be a good idea after all, if cdprojektred starts this kickstarter project, there will be a lot of support, me included, :)

Please no. KS is preselling now. So I wouldn't like a 1M$ budget game, with unlockables, based on a 60M$ budget game. That would be weird :
"If you preorder for 2M$, maybe there's a new character (we ask 10x this budget to our investissors but whatever)".

Forum veteran
you're damn right, kickstarter for pillars of eternity and satellite reign went very well, so, kickstarter for cp2077 can be a good idea after all, if cdprojektred starts this kickstarter project, there will be a lot of support, me included, :)

Would you recommend Satellite Reign to someone who hasn't played the Syndicate games?

Also, that was much too civil a response to what was effectively flamebait.

I thought for sure someone would counter with "but the Shadowrun games were Kickstarted and really easy," and then we'd have a bona fide argument complete with pony edits and personal attacks.

Way to cramp my style with niceness. Psh.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because it is investment ;)

Nope. It's a donation, really.

"Kickstarter has said it's not a place to buy things and it's not a place to invest in things"

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/28/5557120/what-if-oculus-rift-kickstarter-backers-had-gotten-equity

And that's a really important difference. Investments, by their nature, are a different beast than a faith-based donation such as a kickstarter pledge.

And Kickstarter wants to keep it that way. Good for them, I think.

Top Bottom