Patch 1.10 Changelog

+
But how can performance IN a quest be fixed? I mean, performance in an area is a thing... but in a quest??

I'd assume certain NPCs, objects, lighting conditions and similar things only get active/spawned during a certain quest stage, in a certain location. Sudden additional stuff which needs to be rendered, could drop performance depending on where and how those things get activated. Maybe stuff like that got smoothed out. Similar to area performance whit the prerequisite of an active quest.

via twitter

The @witchergame patch 1.10 is going to be around 15gb on consoles (depending on SKU) and between 6-15gb on PC (depending on platform).

I'm assuming that it will replace most files hence why it's so big right? Anyway that is a huge patch like the enhanced edition of Witcher 2.

Please god let the stuttering be fixed so I can start NG+ and play the expansion without having a seizure.

read the whole thing, and if its accurate, it fixes every problem I still have.

Patiently waiting...... impatiently. lo.l.

But... dont fix the flying dead guys, that shit is hilarious.

And don't forget, people, quests already running might still not be affected by the patch.. same old story as with the others. ;) So who is still waiting to continue a game started 5+ months ago should be careful with the complaints.

But damn, 600+ changes, this is so awesome. :cheers:

But how can performance IN a quest be fixed? I mean, performance in an area is a thing... but in a quest??

:nice:

Quests may have more NPCs or effects on screen during cutscenes. For example, I believe the quest Blindingly Obvious(quest where you rescue Phillipa from Dijkstra) features a decent amount of enemy AI and also many particle effects that may bring down performance. Compare that to the normal bath house which is relatively empty and only features a few NPCs.
I don't know though, this is all speculation. It's not unbelievable though.

Quests may also have scripting that takes longer to run than is desirable. Scripting is a fertile area for performance improvement. In addition to the number of NPCs.

I'm guessing from the changelog that there is no dialogue about Geralt saying he is in love with Triss during the Last Wish and Possession quest? That would have been nice to have. Cerys goes on and on about Geralt and Yen, and Geralt goes along with it if you romance Triss.

Better get ready to uninstall mods so my game doesn't break and maybe wait 3 days for the update to be available on Steam ..:(

I like what i read in the changelog cant wait to see it in action, i guess that i should halt my play a bit and wait untill it will be rleased. on my third playthrough, NG+ with scaling and enjoy every second of the game.

I'm guessing from the changelog that there is no dialogue about Geralt saying he is in love with Triss during the Last Wish and Possession quest? That would have been nice to have. Cerys goes on and on about Geralt and Yen, and Geralt goes along with it if you romance Triss.

If geralt romance yennefer he quietly agree with Cerys but if he is romancing triss his reaction is somewhat different (sorry cant recall it exactly)

Last edited:
sigh, a bit disappointing after havign read that through ..

600 changes/fixes and among them is just only 1 fix for 4 of my quest related problems...

hooray for finally being able to enter a cave in Here Comes the groom without that the first objective auto fails...

booo, that there is no fix to the quests of Contract: Drunk of Oxenfurt, Lord of Undvik and In the Hearts of the Woods in regard of their fail objectives and in regard of especialyl Lord of Undvil fixing Folan and the objective of finding out what happened to Hjalmars crew, if you find Hjamlar, before <you rescue Folan, what ends up in the quest totally bugging out, Folan not moving anymore (hes moving then as ghost with you invisible, while his body stays just at the cave entrance around and reacts on nothign anymore and this leads to the objective for findign out what happend to Hjalmars men to not actualize itself at the forge, because you can't trigger there something for what Folan seems to be needed to be physically there with you (what he is, but just invisible and thats whyever not enough for the game ... leading ultimatively to the point, that the objective will automatically fail once you slay the Ice Giant...

So another 2+ months or so I guess I have to lay TW3 back, hoping for it, that these things get one day fixed maybe so that I can continue my playthrough with 0 fail objectives hopefully. Thats really frustrating...

but at least I will be able to finish Here Comes the Groom and can collect now the diagram for the Ursine Crossbow...

hooray

(please excuse my bitterness)

Last edited:
Almost massive changelog than Windows. Also thanks to all CDPR stuff! I have a question to Marcin Momot and Kinley. I'm willing to buy The Hearts os Stone as retail but how do I know if it's will be available in my country? Or Is there any list that specifying which countries will get retail version? Thanks in advance and keep up the good works!

Last edited:
Would we need to start a new game in order for these changes to be present? I am on my second run (3 hours in). Thanks

● Fixes visual stutter in animation of Roach (horse).
● Fixes issue whereby peasants would walk incorrectly while carrying boxes.
● Fixes chair hanging in midair in Oxenfurt river port.
:wisegirl:Is that a dream?

Thanks to all CDPR team for the great work, i was stuck at the beginning of 'On thin ice' quest, because after i started it, 'Reason of state' was marked as failed, although i've complete it. I reloaded and waited the patch notes because i don't like quests marked as 'failed' in my quest log :p
Still, I want to ask about 2 more bugged quests which weren't mentioned in the patch notes. (If the quests are in the notes and i didn't noticed, i apologize in advance): Somewhere on the forums someone said the quest 'Skellige most wanted' was fixed some time ago, yet for me is not fixed and i cannot complete it,
the werewolf no longer has hp, but he continues to howl and the Quest is stuck at :'defeat the werewolf'.
Another one is 'The Bastion', which after completing it, somehow it was reactivated and now
i must 'bury the boy remains' again, which... were buried already.
I cannot do nothing about that and the quest is still open.

Hello and good evening from my timezone!

Sorry CDPR, I have another question: With the new incomming very very big patch and the new improvings with the GUI, is it possible to split and merge items from the inventory then?

Best regards

Monzetsu

Top Bottom