Patch 1.11 downgraded graphics :(

+
Patch 1.11 downgraded graphics :(

Just why CD Projekt RED ?
I saw it right away tried to reset from low to ultra, but nope still the same.
1.10 had much sharper and harder textures now its more soft and blurry i dont like :(

I have proof right here look @ the urseline scales on the armor, first is 1.10 second one is 1.11 dont tell me u guys dont see it lol.

Last edited:
Yes i have, i dont accept this, folk that complain about shitty performance should play this game on them dam consoles, But no cd projekt red just downgrades the graphics again for better performance.

My pc is no shoebox cd projekt red, plenty of power with two gtx 980 ti in sli.
Sometimes i wish they never made this game multi-platform.

Little update from my post i just played a bit more and i noticed allot of decreased IQ in nature and environments and on people faces, even on ultra they decreased the graphics not good i really started to like the darker sharper more good looking game now they messed it up again with a new patch that made the whole game looking not ultra anymore but rather more like high settings.

Last edited:
Yes i have, i dont accept this, folk that complain about shitty performance should play this game on them dam consoles, But no cd projekt red just downgrades the graphics again for better performance.

My pc is no shoebox cd projekt red, plenty of power with two gtx 980 ti in sli.
Sometimes i wish they never made this game multi-platform.

Little update from my post i just played a bit more and i noticed allot of decreased IQ in nature and environments and on people faces, even on ultra they decreased the graphics not good i really started to like the darker sharper more good looking game now they messed it up again with a new patch that made the whole game looking not ultra anymore but rather more like high settings.

I've noticed this too. Patch 1.10 seems to have changed how shadows are displayed at different distances, with the quality varying drastically. Also some objects now disappear at 50 or so feet away, and herb pop-ups are extremely noticeable. The shadow quality transitions are very noticeable on rock-faces.

Patch 1.11 seems to be loading low-res textures for the distant foliage and buildings. Not sure if any of these limits can be overcome by tweaking the configuration file as I've only just began experimenting. Nothing seems to be helping :(

I don't understand why CDPR seem to be nerfing the graphical quality for PC users.

Patch 1.08 looked fine to me, and I never experienced crashes or speed issues.

Last edited:
Is there any reason why everything in both shots looks like an LSD trip? Makes it difficult to see what you're talking about.

Edit: I do see the scales. You're right. wtf

Last edited:
Is there any reason why everything in both shots looks like an LSD trip? Makes it difficult to see what you're talking about.

Edit: I do see the scales. You're right. wtf

Yeah, its
an alternate world inside a painting.

I see a difference in two places - the chainmail looks like it has different normal mapping on it, and the UI itself is washed out and not as bright.

The actual texture for the chainmail appears the same, but in 1.10 it has normal mapping bringing up the rings so they reflect light and look more shiny and real. The 1.11 shot appears to have very little of this.

Likewise, the UI in the 1.10 shot is bright and well defined, whereas in the 1.11 shot it is considerably darker (look at the white Quest text and minimap) and appears to have less color saturation.

I agree that it does look slightly less detailed, but it seems as if the specular shaders have simply been toned down a bit so they don't reflect quite so much light. I think this might be in response to the large number of complaints about texture shimmering.

that is not downgrade, is an visual effect in a side quest, it is normal, that are not the graphics of the whole game, just that part

that is not downgrade, is an visual effect in a side quest, it is normal, that are not the graphics of the whole game, just that part
That would make sense if his screen-shots weren't in the exact same spot and same side-quest.
But since they are, I'd say his observations are valid.

Last edited:
That would make sense if his screen-shots weren't in the exact same spot and same side-quest.
But since they are, I'd say his observations are valid.

which same spot and same side quest? that effect is only in that place in that side quest, not in the main game

Absolutely no difference in those 2 pictures. You're grasping at straws, OP.

Like another poster said, there are slight variations in the lighting because the positions of Geralt are not exactly the same in the 2 pics. Any difference you see is based 100% on lighting and reflection. The textures themselves, of the rings(not urseline scales, wtf?), as well as every other texture of the character, is exactly the same.

Total rubbish...

Absolutely no difference in those 2 pictures. You're grasping at straws, OP.

Like another poster said, there are slight variations in the lighting because the positions of Geralt are not exactly the same in the 2 pics. Any difference you see is based 100% on lighting and reflection. The textures themselves, of the rings(not urseline scales, wtf?), as well as every other texture of the character, is exactly the same.

Total rubbish...

U need to let your eyes checked m8 thats all i have to say.

I don't see it either. Maybe it's more noticeable during gameplay. Didn't they set TextureMipBias to 0 after 1.10? Maybe that's why your textures no longer look as sharp. Check your settings. It should be -1 for that extra sharpness effect.

Hi @ all

I have a big problem with the graphics
here some pic's

'm still a gwint problem. When I play it, I can not start it, neither I nor the NPC

PS; Sorry for my bad english... and this is a Google Translation.!

I don't see it either. Maybe it's more noticeable during gameplay. Didn't they set TextureMipBias to 0 after 1.10? Maybe that's why your textures no longer look as sharp. Check your settings. It should be -1 for that extra sharpness effect.

Its not only that i think overal textures are looking more washed out then ever before, and shadows are also different in someway.

I had some wierd stuff going on too, no geometry errors but grainy textures and a lot of shimmering/crawly textures... deleted my user.settings and re-did my settings and its all back to normal (for 1.10) now...

I must thank them for relesing the 1.11 so fast after 1.10 was a complete mess for me, making game unplayable. Now i can play again, graphic has been fixed and i have no more textures dissapearing. :)

Only problem i still have now is 1hp NPCs that are unkillable.

Hi @ all

I have a big problem with the graphics
here some pic's

'm still a gwint problem. When I play it, I can not start it, neither I nor the NPC

PS; Sorry for my bad english... and this is a Google Translation.!

You need to verify your game, looks like corrupt files!

Top Bottom