About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say otherwise, reason why they were able to add few more romance dialogues was because they got actor available because of Heart of Stone development. I don't see how adding romance dialogues convinced them to hire Vesemir actor again and add few more lines with him as well.

The comments on Geralt's mark appeared (in the base game) at the same time as the romance "tweaks", and they are short and not very well acted and recorded, so they do look to me like something that was quickly tacked on, rather than planned from the beginning. The Vesemir lines are not in the files of the main game, but it is possible that they were already recorded before its release. It also depends on which of the actors voiced other character(s) in Hearts of Stone. I recall someone mentioning an interview with Geralt's voice actor where he said work on the expansions already began during the development of TW3.

I won't be surprised if it gets delayed to the latter half of 2016. Between this and Hearts of Stone, it just seems like a lot of content produced in a short span.

Last edited:
My prediction is they will release 19-05-2016 celebrating 1 year of TW3 and maybe we will have some extras...

Mark my words :smiling2:

I won't be surprised if it gets delayed to the latter half of 2016. Between this and Hearts of Stone, it just seems like a lot of content produced in a short span.
They are working on it much longer. The gamestar editor, who made this big preview of Witcher 3, said in a QA that he saw a level designer working on the landscape for Blood&Wine when he visited their studio and that was 1-2 months before Witcher 3 came out.

Of course, they also needed the landscape for this trailer. However, as I commented above, it is not surprising that some of the work on the expansions already began before the release of the base game, and they were probably planned quite early.

I think Blood and Wine will be after the main story. It doesn't make any sense for Geralt to abandon his post and go through half of Nilfgaard just to join a feast in Beauclair

I think Blood and Wine will be after the main story. It doesn't make any sense for Geralt to abandon his post and go through half of Nilfgaard just to join a feast in Beauclair

In an open world RPG, there is always time for side-quests. :) Ciri and the Wild Hunt can wait until Geralt completes his adventures in Toussaint.

While I agree that it doesn't make sense for this DLC to be during the main game, I'm 100% confident it will be the case because it will take too much work to make it fit into a post-ending content considering endings then would have been taken into account.

I think it will be sort of a closed adventure unrelated with anything we did in the main game and played as such.

It will take place during the main game. They already confirmed that multiple times : ) Chasing the Man of Glass for 10+ hours did not make sense as well when you are supposed to look for Ciri but whatever : )

And yeah, it will probably have zero impact on the main game, except for Fringilla's appearance in Skellige.

BUT, if we got Fringilla ending if we complete the expansion before the main game, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!

She is already in Skellige so why not? : )

BUT, if we got Fringilla ending if we complete the expansion before the main game, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!

I suspect it will again be like with Keira and Shani, so no consequences in the main game. Although it would be possible in theory, since anything Fringilla related would have to fail when Battle Preparatios is started, and possibly already at the beginning of The Isle of Mists. However, CDPR may not deem it worth the effort, and there are already enough problems with the implementation of the romance choice in the base game, a third option would complicate things further.

By the way, I found this conversation in the game:
Fringilla Vigo: And truly you could do nothing? At all? For six whole months?
Philippa Eilhart: Why don't you tell me about the emperor. He's apparently become terribly attached to you.
Margarita Laux Antille: Philippa…
Philippa Eilhart: What?
Margarita Laux Antille: Want a cracker?
does that imply that Fringilla has been imprisoned for 6 months by the emperor ? Because if that is true, then adding her to BaW during the main story is problematic.

Last edited:
I suspect it will again be like with Keira and Shani, so no consequences in the main game. Although it would be possible in theory, since anything Fringilla related would have to fail when Battle Preparatios is started, and possibly already at the beginning of The Isle of Mists. However, CDPR may not deem it worth the effort, and there are already enough problems with the implementation of the romance choice in the base game, a third option would complicate things further.

If they make a proper romance option with Fringilla, it'll be very unfair to Shani fans. If she appears in the Expansion at all, she'll definitely be a fling.

does that imply that Fringilla has been imprisoned for 6 months by the emperor ? Because if that is true, then adding her to BaW during the main story is problematic.

She might be talking about something else. Maybe about the Witch Hunts?

If they make a proper romance option with Fringilla, it'll be very unfair to Shani fans. If she appears in the Expansion at all, she'll definitely be a fling.

Not being fair to Shani fans would just continue the tradition from Witcher 2. Anyway, I do think it would probably be a fling, mainly because it is easier and cheaper to implement that way, and the majority of players probably does not expect DLC romances to be more than flings.

Last edited:
She could be talking about anything there.

Yeah, as much as I would not want this to be the case, I too think Fringilla will be just a hook up, like Shani.

Not to change topics, but do we have any news on what the level requirements are going to be? I've been playing in NG+ and managed to reach level 70 the other day, and I'm beginning to think that I might be a bit over-leveled for Blood and Wine. Hopefully the combat encounters will mirror HoS in terms of difficulty. Maybe that will even things out.

Not to change topics, but do we have any news on what the level requirements are going to be? I've been playing in NG+ and managed to reach level 70 the other day, and I'm beginning to think that I might be a bit over-leveled for Blood and Wine. Hopefully the combat encounters will mirror HoS in terms of difficulty. Maybe that will even things out.

You surely will be able to start BaW seperately like in HoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom