Do we want more Triss ? SPOILER

+
Maybe you want more Menge ? Here we are talking about Triss and this topic applies to this , just yes or no.

I would've loved to see more of Menge, but unfortunately Triss killed him (wich was her best moment in the entire game by the way).

I'm a fan Triss and I just would like to receive more . In 2 of her role was small and weak ending .

Still, she has more screen time than any other female character in the trilogy.

Sure, and I agree with all this posts. This is only speculations and decision belongs to RED's.
I don't mind it as it is now because it is too well.
But more will not hurt.

No one wants more Eredin, or more Fringilla, or... or... like everyone.
Yeah, we want more Fringie, Eredin or Triss...But:
I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter.

No thanks(same applies to any Yen/Ciri content). If CDP decides(what I highly doubt) to improve/change parts of the game I would prefer if they focus on important aspects like the Wild Hunt and the White Frost. Though tbh I think they should just finish the second addon and move on to Cyberpunk.

Sure. But not so much romance but rather making her a good character again.

But after they fix The White Frost, Eredin, Djiikstra, Politics, Radovid, Yennefer-Ciri, post game world state ( a bit) and AI.

It is possible to address more than one issue in the same quest. For example, a quest related to Dijkstra, Radovid, or politics could reasonably involve Triss as well (like it already is the case in Count Reuven's Treasure). After all, she will presumably be the king's advisor in Kovir and the leader of the conclave and council, so the game might just as well put some effort into showing her as a character suitable for those roles.

I'd be happy to see more of all sorceresses including Triss and Yen, with the obvious proviso that it would have to be part of an interesting sub-plot rather than them being thee for the sake of being there.

Well, there is some potential in the later parts of the game, where some quests and scenes are known to have been cut from the game. Probably more screen time was planned for the Lodge sorceresses (it can be seen from unused bits of content), the Radovid assassination quest feels really rushed, and some of the game files show that Triss was originally intended to be present in The Sunstone quest in addition to or instead of Philippa. A number of quests in the final act in general feel incomplete.

More? Not necessarily (execpt for some second sexy time :p OFC) ... but we might need "BETTER"
But i guess i am pretty much alone with this opinion ... since this would make a partly overhaul for the
whole romance plot necessary

You are not alone with your opinion, while I do not think an overhaul is needed, the quality of those new dialogues added in patch 1.10 could have been better, both in terms of writing and acting, it looks like cost cutting might have been a major priority when making them. :( The patch also missed some opportunities for fixes that would not have required any new content. I do agree that the game is not in major need of more "romance content", except maybe the second sex scene you mentioned, but implementing better reactivity to the player's choice is not a bad thing when it does not require much work.

So, my "ideal" fix would include these, which require about 200 new lines of dialogue by Triss (for comparison, there are 150 in A Matter of Life and Death, about 130 total for all characters in patch 1.10 (both romances and HoS dialogue), my ideas would need about 400 total with the lines spoken by the other character - usually Geralt):
* at least one real quest that is not romance related (~150 lines), see ideas by Trireme in the this post; this requires more resources than the rest below, however, as noted above, the same quest could also be used to improve other under-developed characters or plot lines, so it is not a waste
- either a single full quest (150 lines),
- or two quests with a smaller but still notable role, e.g. ~50 lines in an enhanced version of The Sunstone (conversation with Philippa about politics, the Lodge, etc. would allow for improving both characters), and ~100 in another quest related for example to politics
- new quest could be either in Act 3 (e.g. improved Reasons of State), or in Act 1 Novigrad quest line with the recommended level for Now or Never increased to about 18
* fix the TW2 save import (~8 lines), including the obvious story breaker in Pyres of Novigrad, and maybe some simple reactivity to the Triss/Saskia/Anais choice from TW2 (2 new dialogue segments, one for the saved and another for the not saved case - the latter might be unneeded)
* a few new default dialogue topics not related to romance (~16 lines), say, 2 in Battle Preparations about recent events in the story, 1 in the empress ending (where there is still a "Well?" currently), and maybe a short explanation to her absence from Kaer Morhen during the Ugly Baby quest (not needed if fixed in other ways)
* improvements to the new dialogues from patch 1.10 (~18 lines), 6-8 lines for a better conversation in Kaer Morhen after returning from the Isle of Mists with Ciri, 10-12 in Final Preparations for an enhanced version of the "before, during, after" dialogue; both of these conversations could be expanded and better written
* new sex scene (optional, maybe in Final Preparations as a part of the above change ?)
* some brief conversation with Ciri and Yennefer (~8 lines), as there is almost no interaction between the NPCs
* a few more tweaks to fix reactivity to the romance choice, these are minor and do not require any voice recording (e.g. the Ugly Baby quest could be fixed by Geralt receiving a letter that explains the delay if Now or Never was completed in Act 1, and some bits of dialogue and scenes that make it look like Geralt is with Yennefer even when that is not the case could be conditionally skipped)

I would've loved to see more of Menge, but unfortunately Triss killed him

It would technically still be possible to add more Menge before that event.

Still, she has more screen time than any other female character in the trilogy.

Some additional content worth the size of one quest would not make much difference to that, it would just allow for the character to be better developed in TW3 in particular. And potentially also for other character(s) in the same quest, like Radovid, Lodge sorceresses, the king of beggars, etc. As noted above, the developers may also have planned content that ended up being cut from the game, but we only know about that when some of it remains in the data files.

Yeah, we want more Fringie, Eredin or Triss...But:

It is possible that there will be more Fringilla in Blood and Wine, if CDPR decided to include her as a main character in that DLC. A lot more in fact, considering the size of the second expansion and the amount of time spent making it, she may even end up having better content than Triss in the main game. Regarding Eredin, I am not sure what could be done, "fixing" the Wild Hunt would pretty much require rewriting them. Maybe Eredin was never planned to be a particularly complex character in this game.

and the Big Boy down here in my signature should deserve a bit of love.

It is unlikely that Iorveth (or anyone else not already in the game) would be added to The Witcher 3, but in theory he could still appear in Blood and Wine, unless confirmed otherwise.

Edit: this post by Trireme summarizes well the issues with the 1.10 patch and Triss in The Witcher 3, also compared to the previous games.

Last edited:
The more so because in addition still a lot of scenes you can do
In this case, I'll Private Messages posted to RED's, so you can close the Topic

Last edited:
More with Triss if she is part of an interesting plot- anything else is a waste of resources.

Places where Triss could be part of a good story:
-More Novigrad underworld plots with King of Beggars and Dijkstra.
-More Lodge intrigue related to Ciri's future.
-Expanded and improved "Reasons of State" with Triss contributing to Geralt's decisions.
-Digging into Avallach's and Yennefer's motives regarding Ciri.
-Conspiring with Morvran Voorhis to overthrow Emhyr (still hoping for something like this in Toussaint expansion)

I like my sorceresses to be scheming!

At the moment , and so there will be changes .
As you can see they are focused on creating BAW
But the idea also very cool and not just one character that got more time .

I very much want more Triss or better Triss, despite the additions, which though light were very well done and I appreciate them a lot, I still don't think she's done justice in the game.

I would also love to see Iorveth. But yeah. I think the question is not 'do we want more Triss at the expense of others' but rather 'are we satisfied with Triss in-game or would we still wish for improvements in an ideal world', because most seem to be answering the former. I realise it's probably more realistic because in the end it will come down to Triss or someone else resources-wise, and for that I'm happy to let other characters be developed, either in Blood or Wine or elsewhere, but I certainly want more/better Triss, which is what the question asks. In an ideal world, where all things were possible and it wouldn't detract from other characters/development, would you guys?

Last edited:
@EzekielThePaladin

Of course , I think there should be more time for other characters than Triss . For example, Yen , Ciri and Geralt's friends .
More scenes , dialogues with these characters on various topics.
To enhance the experience many of the same topics should be repaired .
Not only Triss deserves more from the creators .
But other significant figures much in the game as well as in books.

I would love to see more Triss - have her be more involved in the quests and decision-making (as somebody already stated here). It would be great if she would play a part in Blood and Wine and I would love to see Kovir.
The new additions are great, it was a very pleasant surprise when I came across the new dialogue during my recent play-through since I was not aware that the developers listen to fans.
That is the reason for my posting in this forum. I only have a few minor, hm, let's call them wishes:
1. The Rose of Rememberance: The developers integrated it into the game - which I love - but after Geralt disperses the Last Wish and tells Triss he loves her, it would be great if the Rose would bloom again. Showing that (at the for the last few years) it was only the Djinn's magic that kept Geralt going back to Yen.
Geralt could give the Rose to Triss which would prove to her that it is for real (I am a chick and a sucker for romance - sue me ;-))
2. In the Heart of Stone expansion there is the romance option with Shani but it would be great if there could be a dialogue option to say: Sorry but there is someone else - like is with Keira. Because by then most have committed to either Triss or Yen by then so it would be great if the dialogue could reflect that.
3. In the new dialogue additions Triss and Geralt tell each other the sweetest things and then just leave it without even a kiss - I know this is not a romance movie or anything like that - so just saying . . .

I would love to see more Triss - have her be more involved in the quests and decision-making (as somebody already stated here). It would be great if she would play a part in Blood and Wine and I would love to see Kovir.

It is unlikely that any of the main NPCs would be in Blood and Wine, an optional quest in Hearts of Stone that is available during Final Preparations (which is close to the recommended level of the expansion) would have made more sense. Also, there are apparently no more DLCs planned after Blood and Wine.

As this post and this one by Trireme explain, an additional quest in the later acts of the main story would have been good, in a plot line where it makes sense and which could use some more content anyway. Actually, there might have been such plans during the development of the game, according to some unused bits of content, but unfortunately it ended up being cut. In any case, a new quest is not something one would expect in a patch, maybe in an enhanced edition, if one is going to be made.

That is the reason for my posting in this forum. I only have a few minor, hm, let's call them wishes:
1. The Rose of Rememberance: The developers integrated it into the game - which I love - but after Geralt disperses the Last Wish and tells Triss he loves her, it would be great if the Rose would bloom again.

It is not necessarily something that needs to be fixed, maybe the rose is really just an elven legend. ;) Making it bloom again would confirm that is not the case.

2. In the Heart of Stone expansion there is the romance option with Shani but it would be great if there could be a dialogue option to say: Sorry but there is someone else - like is with Keira. Because by then most have committed to either Triss or Yen by then so it would be great if the dialogue could reflect that.

Yes, others have complained about the same, although I doubt it will be fixed if it requires recording more dialogue for Shani.

Last edited:
While I don't really think more Triss is necessary, she's done well in the game, more wouldn't be bad.

All I really want to be able to her and the other NPC's post-game, that was my only disappointment with the entire game when I finished. The world feels empty with her and the other NPCs, I'd pay for a DLC that just lets me fast travel to her and Gerualt's house in Kavir to see her.

I would rather have new content in an interesting quest, especially in the second half of Act 3 (Skellige), or before Now or Never with the recommended level of that increased somewhat to remain "green" in Act 2. These would make some sense if you consider the changes and cuts that were apparently made during the development of the game. The post ending stuff would basically be fan service, and I do not think that is what is needed the most for a character with barely any meaningful involvement in quests in the second half of the game, and almost no dialogue - other than those "tweaks" from patch 1.10 - starting from Battle Preparations. Not that I think any of the above has much chance of being added anyway.

Again?

i think Triss already got the attention everyone asked for.

Not by half personally speaking. What they did, taking the relationship out of the gamer's hands and breaking them up, her lack of involvement in many of the quests, all are constant irritants that put me always on the verge of not playing.

Last edited:
yes, a few more side quests with Triss would be nice, probably around Final Preparations.

Yen gets a song, a romantic quest, and a ton of screen-time in the leadup to the Battle of Kaer Morhen, Triss literally disappears even if she stays with you. there's more romantic tension with -Shani- than there is with Triss.

Top Bottom