About the wild hunt (spoilers)

+
About the wild hunt (spoilers)

howdy, new here....
anyways i just finished up the fan translations of the book series and wow....
after playing both games prior to reading the books, i have to say the team at cdred did an awesome job with the integration of the written story into the game, with the few plot hiccups here and there, but after finishing the series i noticed that most questions i had about the game have been answered in one way or another....mainly about the hunt which is mainly what i wanted to discuss

**spoilers**

so in witcher 2 we learn that the hunt is actually a race of elves from another world, but in the last book, lady of the lake, we actually meet them in their world along with the king of the hunt, Eredin Bréacc Glas, and his shady friend Avallac'h. further we find out that the ultimate goal of these descendents of the knowing ones is domination of all worlds but they needed ciri's child in order to achieve the power to open the gates for them to move from world to world in physical form rather then the blue specters that are described in teh book and seen in the witcher 1.
again during witcher 2 we learned that geralt and letho actually fought the physical form of the red riders which could only mean that Eredin and the red riders somehow achieved his goal of mastering the gates between worlds. which would mean, at least i have to assume, that the witcher 3 will be the beginning of the hunts assault on the world for total domination.
the only thing that seems to be making sense to me at this point is that maybe Eredin and Avallac'h were able to use alvin/jacques to somehow breed a child that would be powerful enough to use the gates....
thoughts?
either way, after playing the 2 games and reading the books i am even more excited for witcher 3

Yes, it seems to be obvious that something big changed with WH, because now they come in physical form and in ships. What I wouldn't want is it to be connected to already existing child of Ciri (I am not ready for Ciri's children just yet :) ). In any case I trust CDPR will make it good, and won't turn it into yet another alien invasion plot. If commander Geralt will have to unite the continent and collect troops to fight WH in some sort of a flying citadel, I'll shoot myself.

vivaxardas said:
Yes, it seems to be obvious that something big changed with WH, because now they come in physical form and in ships. What I wouldn't want is it to be connected to already existing child of Ciri (I am not ready for Ciri's children just yet :)/> ). In any case I trust CDPR will make it good, and won't turn it into yet another alien invasion plot. If commander Geralt will have to unite the continent and collect troops to fight WH in some sort of a flying citadel, I'll shoot myself.

i forgot about the ships....in one of the books crach an craite was telling triss or yenniffer a legend from skellige of the end of the world and that the bringers of death would arrive on ships made from the nails of the dead....i gotta go back and find the line but he specifically mentioned ships made of dead mens nails

toksiks said:
decided wiki was faster then searching a 400+ page book....
the ship of dead mens finger and toe nails...naglfar
Hi.
If you still want to read that part in book, search for 9. chapter in Tower of Swallow (Yennefer's trip to shrine on Skegille).

again during witcher 2 we learned that geralt and letho actually fought the physical form of the red riders which could only mean that Eredin and the red riders somehow achieved his goal of mastering the gates between worlds
It's strange, they trully said, they cannot use that Gate, but on the other side Red riders already visited world of Geralt many times and kidnapped people.

All Aen Elles are not the same, if you read Lady of the Lake, unicorns described to Ciri quite good what they can do. They can blindly travell to some worlds, some of them can travell on Spirale, but Ard Gaeth (that gate) is probably necessary for them to travell on a mass scale. Alvallac'h can also visit one place in Geralt's world (they already met), but as they said, they didn't have enough power for some big travelling with no limits.

vivaxardas said:
Yes, it seems to be obvious that something big changed with WH, because now they come in physical form and in ships. What I wouldn't want is it to be connected to already existing child of Ciri (I am not ready for Ciri's children just yet :)/> ). In any case I trust CDPR will make it good, and won't turn it into yet another alien invasion plot. If commander Geralt will have to unite the continent and collect troops to fight WH in some sort of a flying citadel, I'll shoot myself.

Alvin can be the spacechild that lets you choose three endings (red, blue, green).
The funny thing is that three major endings are confirmed.

:p

emperorzorn said:
Alvin can be the spacechild that lets you choose three endings (red, blue, green).
The funny thing is that three major endings are confirmed.

:p/>

With three different playable epilogues :p

emperorzorn said:
I already removed that little b*** :) I hope will not have to do it again ;) ..
But if there would be that choice..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YujruNv3mw

Top Bottom