I accidentally completed story questline out of order, and now can't turn in skellege quest

+
I accidentally completed story questline out of order, and now can't turn in skellege quest

Hello,
I may have found a huge bug in the main story line!

So before I finished the questline in novigrad, I went to skellege and worked through that questline (up to the point where I wore the mask and was told to meet yennefer on hinders island. That questline however, told me to go to novigrad, instead of meeting yennefer on the beach of hinders island (that quest just disappeared from my log), so I went to novigrad and finished novigrad's questline--all the way until I met dandelion and was told that ciri went to skellege, and I was to go there. Now all I see is, find Ciri in Skellege, and that's all. No other questline such as meeting yennefer on the beach. It's not part of any my secondary questlines either. Please help. Is there any thing I can do to get back to where I left off?

---------- Updated at 02:53 AM ----------

it shows I have fully finished the questline, "echoes of the past", but there isn't an additional questline after that

---------- Updated at 03:06 AM ----------

Last edited:
I guess the quest can disappear if the 'quest checker' finds out you already have gone further in the quest line?
There is no idea in continuing the Novigrad part if you are already on the trail of Ciri?

I was also tempted to travel to Skellige at once but I didn't do it because I had a feeling it might break the line.

I think you either have to load a previous save or maybe find a console command that can reset the quest you did? But then again I can't tell you if and how much this will mess up your game. I wouldn't advice it. Mingeling with quests like this usually breaks the game.

The only commands I have been able to find are these. They don't change anything, but they can help you find out how far your progress is:

showQuestGroups
questProgress

Man, if this is the case, really disappointed. I do have a earlier save, but it's basically at white orchid. It's not like i intentionally went to the island, some quest drove me there. Anyway, I'm within the 30 day refund period for GOG. Although I like the game, I don't think I can play it over again, all the dialogues, all the mundane quests.. ugh.

I was also tempted to travel to Skellige at once but I didn't do it because I had a feeling it might break the line.
You can do Skellige first, I have done it a couple of times now. It's not a problem at all: the quest dialogues react very flexible to any order of Velen / Novigrad / Skellige. In fact, this is one of the reasons why I keep replaying the game. Just to see how the dialogue lines change when things are done in a different order. It's extremely interesting and fun.

The OP must have done some very specific constellation that I cannot fathom from the initial description. Maybe done Morkvark before anything else, and found Craven below the well? Shouldn't break the quest like that though...

Speaking of which, I have done Morkvark first one time, and that didn't break the Hjindersfall main quest either. But I did not find Craven, so not 100% sure that it's safe.

Or he's in a stage of "follow Yennefer", but left the island instead, so Yennefer walked to the next objective on her own?

@michaeek: Contact the support team and send the save to them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom