Buggy Textures/Loading in PC Ultra

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buggy Textures/Loading in PC Ultra

Hello everyone, I recently purchased Witcher III, started playing it, and I've been having some issues...

1) Character/Creature textures (and other assorted ones) are EXTREMELY blurry and low-res. I have the graphics settings (all of them) cranked up to Ultra.

2) When in conversations, any choice I make causes a blurry load screen to appear for about 10 seconds, and this makes conversations absolutely unbearable. It's not a RAM issue, I have no programs open and I have 16GB of GDDR5, I went to task manager and it shows I was only using like 5 or 6 GB.

Currently the game is patched to 1.03, it's kind of taking a while to get the rest of the patches. Is it a patch issue?

I purchased the game from here: [Link removed]

Maybe that's why I'm having issues with the GOG patch things detecting my install location? I hope I didn't screw myself by buying from here.

The game came in two ZIP files. Extracted both, then used the Setup.exe. Game was already patched to 1.03

Below is a screenshot of the low res texture issue. There was a moment in the tutorial sequence where the textures all appeared like they were supposed to -- but as soon as that sequence in the tutorial was over, everything went back to that low res nonsense.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• low res problem.jpg
    low res problem.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited by a moderator:
This is improved greatly since 1.10. Just update to the newest version. It will always occur to some extent. Just a limitation of the game engine, unfortunately. I get it on a 980 ti with 6 GB of VRAM.

You should have got a Gog code with that game, which would allow you to register the game at Gog and download the patches. If you didn't get a Gog code, then the site is almost certainly not legit. It seems to have a pretty bad reputation.

And I'm removing the link for now, as I have some bad feelings about this. I'm also locking the thread for now, please follow-up via PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom