Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical problems seem to make up half my life at this point. I've been trying to play kotor all morning but it crashes at launch and when i finally get past the launch crash, my mouse doesn't work @__@

I should be studying anyway so I guess this is just my PC telling me to stop procrastinating :(
Sounds pretty much like my playthrough of the game some years ago. Can't remember how I fixed the constant crashes though. Google is your friend!

There was me thinking I was lazy.

Well, it's just now. I actually walked to the next tramway station (because I missed the tram by inches and had to wait 15min, and it's freezing over here), then took a nice tram ride to the main station, bought some bread and coffee, went back and did some Physics stuff for university. That's pretty much for a Sunday.

Well, it's just now. I actually walked to the next tramway station (because I missed the tram by inches and had to wait 15min, and it's freezing over here), then took a nice tram ride to the main station, bought some bread and coffee, went back and did some Physics stuff for university. That's pretty much for a Sunday.

So basically you're going to be spending most of your time in bed if you can?

So basically you're going to be spending most of your time in bed if you can?

Kind of. Usually I'm cleaning my room on Sundays ...

You should switch on Fast Travel in your options menu.
Or start exploring random chests in some dungeon. They usually have stuff to drink.

Ahh, well, didn't think of it. Thanks!

Ay, but he was after coffee. Dwarven spirit might be just a wee bit strong for casual drinking. (It may also complicate physics, possibly.)

1) He? :skepticalzoltan:
2) Actually I got quite remarkable results in studying Latin vocab while being drunk.

1. Sorry about that: The Internet, you know.
2. Well done!

1) Hmm ... I could forgive you, you know ... in exchange of coffee ...
2) I thought I failed the following exam until I got the result ... and now it's possible I failed the Physics exam, because I didn't drink while learning for that one ...

Sounds pretty much like my playthrough of the game some years ago. Can't remember how I fixed the constant crashes though. Google is your friend!

I've ended up just having to disable all the movies :( It's a shame because I feel like i'm missing quite interesting parts of the game, but there doesn't seem to be any other way of getting it to work

1) Hmm ... I could forgive you, you know ... in exchange of coffee ...
2) I thought I failed the following exam until I got the result ... and now it's possible I failed the Physics exam, because I didn't drink while learning for that one ...
1.You'll just have to hold it against me for all eternity: I never drink coffee.
2.(You're not Dwarven at all, by any chance?) Here's hoping you passed the exam!

(Wait, am I?)
There are certain ways of telling, however, they're not always reliable, since many of the questions closely resemble those used to determine whether one is an adventurer/pirate, a dragon, or just a gamer.

1. Do you frequent dark, underground places?
2. Do you have an inordinate fondness for treasure?
3. Do you enjoy ardent spirits in large quantities?
4. Can you craft quality arms and armour? (Extra points for diagram.)
5. Do you find yourself often in supporting roles rather than as the main protagonist?
6. Can you wield two-handed weapons?

Last edited:
It's for a cat, right?

The cat has not been around to appurrve it yet.

Update:

There are certain ways of telling, however, they're not always reliable, since many of the questions closely resemble those used to determine whether one is an adventurer/pirate, a dragon, or just a gamer.

1. Do you frequent dark, underground places?
2. Do you have an inordinate fondness for treasure?
3. Do you enjoy ardent spirits in large quantities?
4. Can you craft quality arms and armour? (Extra points for diagram.)
5. Do you find yourself often in supporting roles rather than as the main protagonist?
6. Can you wield two-handed weapons?

So, let's do this.

1. Yes, especially in summer, when it's too hot outside.
2. Mein Schaatzzz.
3. Drinks with less alcohol contain either too much sugar or don't have the desired effect. Or both.
4. Sometimes I'm crafting strange bubbling and stinking mixtures, not while trying to make something to eat (because actually, I'm able to cook.)
5. Supporting roles? You mean like my daily job, helping others to get their things done?
6. Hmm, that's a tough one. Let's see: two hands for the knife. Three for the broomstick - oh wait, that's one foot as well - two for the hammer. Yep, seems so.

So, what's my score?

So, what's my score?
Ay, that is a tough one indeed. Either the results are inconclusive, or you're a witch. . . . (The questionnaire is clearly in need of some revision. I'll have to take this matter up with the Committee for the Identification of Fantastical Beings at our next meeting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom