2016 All NEW Witcher Soundtrack by Adam Skorupa, Paweł Błaszczak, Aleksander Grochocki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz!

+
The name can be something like Following the White Wolf in this case the name witcher will not be used and everyone who know the witcher will understand it is related to him, i hope that cdpr don't have Trademark policy on the name white wolf.
Unlikely, but Paradox Interactive might object in this case(?).

Don't see a problem with something along the lines of 'Music inspired by The Witcher' as the title for instance. It's evidently unofficial (as implied by 'inspired by') and thus shouldn't interfere or be associated with any of the official scores/soundtracks.

The use of disclaimers like "inspired by" does not make it OK to trade on somebody else's trademark. If you use words like "inspired by The Witcher" and then compose music that is not creatively independent of The Witcher music, you open yourself to a very costly fight. Something a musician who is careful in his business would avoid.

In this case, no for an answer needs to be taken as no for an answer.

If you are paranoid and don't trust creators to follow your expectations - you can wait until something is created, and then let creators use the name if you are satisfied with artistic result. So again - it's not impossible and it's pointless to bring "preserve the brand" argument as a reason in this case.

The thing is, they said that they will create an album in the sense of "Music inspired by Witcher" using the applicants to their composing competition, and publish it online (or something close to that). I think that's why they don't want another album with inspired music, also using a similar name, which might confuse the public as to which album is published by CDPR and which isn't. Of course that is not a problem for us, because we are following everything closely, but we are hardly a percentage, I'd say :)

@adamscore We love you, guys! It's so good to see you on Witcher forums.

I see there's might be an issue with CDPR in making of new "Inspired by The Witcher" album. Maybe it would be better to reunite and make an epic Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack?

I know you can do it! :cheers4:

[video=youtube;h-q9jAVaR-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-q9jAVaR-8[/video]

Dream Team <3

Last edited:
Guys,

sorry for not posting updates. It takes a lot of time, a lot of thinking, planning, communicating, calculating etc. It's not funny, but I love it!

I would like to thank you all for kind and supportive words. It means a lot to us.

Here is a little proof from Mr. Skorupa:

!Pawel Blaszczak, Aleksander Grochocki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz are IN!

As Geralt would say - ABSO-FCKING-LUTELY AMAZING!

No, I am not kidding. Also, I am working on a POLL, where anybody can vote, not just people registered at this forum. To start the campaign, those gentlemen will need to see thousands of votes.

I got just this very brief info. The composers are having a very busy week, but I was promised to get more info as soon as they finish their current projects.

I also have a plan how spread the POLL most efficiently, but for that I need a bit of Adam's time. I want it to be perfectly prepared, wrapped in classy packing and ready for massive impact.

In the end, it will all depend on you, guys, because we're gonna need to share it all over the world and that is not gonna happen without you!

So PLEASE, subscribe to this thread, keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned for more updates. This is gonna be AAAAwesome.

!Pawel Blaszczak, Aleksander Grochocki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz are IN!

As Geralt would say - ABSO-FCKING-LUTELY AMAZING!

No, I am not kidding. Also, I am working on a POLL, where anybody can vote, not just people registered at this forum. To start the campaign, those gentlemen will need to see thousands of votes.

This is awesome news!!

@RR480 - thank you for taking care of this project!
I will definately support you guys. Did update to polish forums ;)

@Lotherien Thanks to you, I'm completely melting now. :p

This is the perfect present for 10th anniversary of The Witcher Series and CDPR should definately participate at this. All composers who worked on making all games have unique sound and atmosphere, reunite in one collaborational project. That's just.... there's no word to describe how massive and awesome that is! :)

@Lotherien Thanks to you, I'm completely melting now. :p

This is the perfect present for 10th anniversary of The Witcher Series and CDPR should definately participate at this. All composers who worked on making all games have unique sound and atmosphere, reunite in one collaborational project. That's just.... there's no word to describe how massive and awesome that is! :)
agreed !
i hope the soundtrack would use the tones of the three games, not just the first one. as much as i like TW1 OST, i still liked TW2 OST and even more TW3 OST (aka one of the best soundtracks produced of all times).
i can't wait to hear from them and see what they'll bring.

Witcher 1 music is 80/90 % Paweł Błaszczak and 10/20 % Adam Skorupa imo.
Your opinion has nothing to do with the facts. I find it sad, that you depreciate Adam's role, just because you like Paweł's music more.

Pawel Blaszczak, Aleksander Grochocki and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz are IN!
That's great. Try to talk with Believe - they made stunning interpretation of The Witcher theme in TW1.

Top Bottom