Movies / TV Shows!

+
- The Shannara Chronicles: didn't get through the first episode. What were they thinking when casting together this band of flashy pretty boys? Half of them seem to have just escaped from a gay pin up calendar shooting (not that I have anything against homosexuals, but I can't take a show serious where everyone looks like a model).

I felled exactly the same as you, but I kepped watching (yes, my life is boring like that) and it actually becomes better. (And I say that as a book reader). At the moment watched until episode four and the, aimed at teenagers, still buggers my alot. But if you manage to look past that you'll find a rich world with a great story imo (+ Manu Bennett).
Could it have been so much better? Hell yes. But I found the serie getting progressively better and engaging.
But ofcourse, if you don't have as much time as me, I agree that there are much better series out there. Just saying that the first ep was definitely more cringy (is that a word) than the episodes after it.

Did anybody else watch Saturday Night Live yesterday with Adam Driver hosting?
I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good but he was actually really funny, and there's some great Star Wars stuff in there too.
[video=youtube;6tKZlCi-WnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tKZlCi-WnQ[/video]

Hmm, this could either be really great or absolutely terrible.

We in the UK and Ireland probably won't get it until a couple of weeks after it starts. :realmad:

- The Shannara Chronicles: didn't get through the first episode. What were they thinking when casting together this band of flashy pretty boys? Half of them seem to have just escaped from a gay pin up calendar shooting (not that I have anything against homosexuals, but I can't take a show serious where everyone looks like a model).

I haven't even tried to see the series. I purchased "The Sword of Shannara" 10 years ago, and I really hated it.

I want to see the fourth season of Luther, but I'm scared, I hope they didn't ruin it. Is it good?

Last edited:
Have picked up Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again and am trying to finish season 1. I managed to watch one episode, started another one and grew so tired that I had to stop halfway through (ok, it was almost 11 p.m. by then). There's something about this show that buggers me. I want to like it because it's Joss Whedon and I really like the characters. But it's very, very slow in the beginning and hasn't drawn me in yet - which annoys the hell out of me because I haven't had similar experiences with previous Whedon shows. I was hooked on Firefly by the third or fourth episode, I loved Buffy from the beginning, loved Dollhouse... so why is this taking so long? Friends keep telling me that this one just takes it time and becomes a lot more interesting during season 2. I really hope so because this is a new experience - usually I cannot put down a Whedon show and have to watch it day after day until I'm done with it. This one is different. It's been sitting on the shelf for months now, and so far, I've only watched 9 episodes; currently, I'm stuck halfway through episode 10 - out of 22.

I generally dislike science fiction in tv format (the Star Trek/Stargate/Battlestar Galactica type of stuff) but this caught my attention. I've onlly managed to watch the first four episodes and am keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the season.

I started Doctor Who recently (not the 1963 original, the 2005 reboot ^^). I'm enjoying it, the funny, trashy stories with the hints of a much darker and more dramatic overarching backstory.

Kurosawa-inspired short film(...)
You have just reminded me of other short movie released month ago. Some of you most likely know Tomasz Bagiński who created some witcher cinematics, here is his short movie "TWARDOWSKY". They speak polish, but you can turn on english subtitles.

I've read all 6 Wolfhound books, played all 3 Wolfhound RPGs, watched whole Wolfhound TV show and 9 times saw the Wolfhound movie.

Now all I have to do is to print this, hang it on the wall and then, only then, I will finally find out the meaning of life itself. Or maybe not.

Last edited:
A little late to the party but finally saw The Force Awakens.

My thoughts after the credits had rolled:

You're pretty good!

So yeah. Not amazing but I liked it. Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully it'll have more new ideas and doesn't feel so overly familiar as this one.

I know I've been harping on the series here, but seriously, The Expanse Season 1 Finale was great. Anyone interested in plausibly realistic science fiction, noir science fiction or space operas should check the show out. It's great. It's a bit of a slow burn and takes a bit to get going, but the world building and characters flesh out the story and set up an epic conclusion to Season 1.

I know I've been harping on the series here, but seriously, The Expanse Season 1 Finale was great.

Agreed, although I haven't finished it yet it already caught me within the first few episodes. Space Scifi is the only true Scifi, and the special effects certainly put you out there more than usual, delivered with a style of restricted, personalised view rather than the sweeping vista graphical exposition that is the norm. Characters, factions, politics are all setting an interesting stage for the future, which could still go anywhere.

I know its nothing like it in story, style or delivery, but I haven't been able to shake impressions of Babylon 5, in the setup, in the basic actors, they are altogether somewhat reminiscent of the state of affairs leading to the Shadow War. Am I crazy ? ;)

Next season will have a number of interesting developments
Aye, definitely a superior representation of the near future. Gotta love Tycho station, and that flying hood ornament ;)

• The Detective searching for a missing person whos actually on a secret mission = Garibaldi on Mars & the dig site.
  • "The Research Base event" = Ganymede Shadow vessel.
  • The Mormons = The Technomages.
  • Stealth Fleet = Rangers / Shadows.
  • The Leader of our misfit adventurers = Dr. Franklin on walkabout (again).

... and what about the detectives hat fetish... a direct nod to Garibaldi , methinks ! ;)

Well this is happening:
[video=youtube;Tz3-H62m4u8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3-H62m4u8[/video]

Looks like it could actually be fun. :)

Top Bottom