Romances in future DLCs (Triss, Yen) and seamless play after end

+
Romances in future DLCs (Triss, Yen) and seamless play after end

Hi guys! I just finished the main story of the game and am absolutely thrilled. This was just a awesome and a masterpiece!
Unfortunately I've made a mistake earlier and therefore had no romance at all (not Triss, not Yen).
I will play the game again and start a romance but I am actually feeling very bad for both of them because it brakes my heart to see one of both being alone :(
Credits to this game and its developers - never felt that way after playing ANY game ever.
I will also start with hearts of stone soon and I know that both of them are not reappearing so far. Hoping for Blood and Wine or future DLC ;-P

On to the suggestion...

I'd love to see that the player can interact far more with his chosen "wife". A DLC about this would be extremely great!
When Yen or Triss will return with own quests (or at least if you could spend time with them after completing the main quests) the game would gain much more depth. Now I'm feeling a little bit left alone because nearly all of my loved companions are gone and I can not see them again (and because of the fact that the world was kind of resetted instead of just moving on with the new political and social structures.) I know that it would be a huge thing to build a whole Kovir for example just to spend time with Triss. But maybe it's possible to build up the house with a quick travel point. Just so you can SEE your loved one from time to time.

I also hope we'll see a DLC sometimes that takes place after the main quest and just continues the game with the new structures and adds a seamless end. So that there is no reset after the main quest is finished.
If those two factors (seamless end, new political/social structures and seeing your loved ones again) could be combined - Witcher 3 will definitely come to an end all the characters have deserved.
I know that it would be a very big thing to create a seamless end for each and every end possible according to the decisions made during the main quest. But you guys can do that - you demonstrated this a lot in this game :)

All the best,
Flowz

Last edited:
I would like to see some sort of end game. Especially since you can only do new game + once. It would be cool to see the world change based upon your actions.

Exactly! The end of the game how it is right now is kind of "short". You spend hours, days, weeks if not months to walk your way trough and make decisions which influence huge parts of the story. It's a pity that there is no final end but you're being resetted and have to play in a kind of "unfinished" world. All the decisions, in the very end, mean nothing in the state the end is now in.
I hope there is something coming. These guys can do it (as we saw). They know how to use multiple action strands at the same time. I'm looking forward to what they will do and hope, they will supply the wonderful world of the Witcher with more content for a long time. It would be a shame not to add more things into this giant and lovely created world :)

We've had this discussion a few times before, and I'm going to give the same reply as I've given in the past.
A DLC about Geralt's future relationship with Triss wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose Yen.
A DLC about Geralt's future relationship with Yen wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose Triss.
A DLC about EITHER of them wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose neither.
I'd prefer CDPR to put their efforts into writing content that doesn't exclude large numbers of their players, not fan-service "Happy Families" scenes.

Don't get me wrong here. Maybe this was a little misunderstood.

I'm not asking for a special DLC ONLY about relationships. I said that it would be nice, if they would reappear during one of the DLCs or if you at least could just interact with them after finishing the main quest. That way nobody would be excluded - players who chose a relationship can go on with their loved ones, players who still go with the lonely Geralt can go on with that. Or at leas add the space where Geralt is going to live with the girl he loves. That way every player type can use new options. If you are not in a relationship with any of both you can visit and just talk to them in a "friendship" manner. If you have a relationship with the character you could have other dialogue options. Simple as that.
At the moment it's like a "useless" decision since it only makes a difference in the 5 seconds Dandelion talks about Geralts future in the epilog. And this is sad because it would add a lot more depth to the game and open so much more possibilities. Also if you could just be accompanied by Ciri if she joins the witchers (only if you as the player decides that you want to have Ciri's company, of course)

Last edited:
No, I think I understood. You want them to invest a certain amount of effort and time into making multiple different sets of content, each of which will only be of interest to one segment of the players. I'd still prefer them to invest time in making content that would interest everyone.

I couldn't agree more, I love this idea very much, someone at CD Projekt said that this will be the last game with Geralt and his story ends here(which i think is insulting because he has a lot he can still be apart of there is still so much going on in that world and if you're like me and chose Iorveth's path in witcher 2 than what ever becomes of the Scoa'til and the fight for non-humans?) but I think if they were going to do that they should've made the ending better like how you suggested, don't get me wrong the ending with Ciri defeating the white frost and everything was great, but what about Kaer Morhen? and Triss or Yen whichever one you picked? There absolutely should be more depth to Geralt's interaction's with Ciri, Yen and Triss because they are a huge part of his story. Something else that would've been nice was to see Ciri Go on a few quest's and contract's with Geralt(after everything was all over), if you got the Ciri as a witcher ending, and see her happy as an adult and do some activities with her, kinda like the snowball fight. Seeing Kovir would've been nice if you picked Triss or even if you picked Yen then seeing the little cabin in the woods away from it all would've also been nice and interacting more with one of them after the main quest is complete instead of being told where they went. I truly hope that if CD projekt wasn't able to make more dlc or content for/when the enhanced edition comes out to resemble our suggestion's than maybe they will continue Geralt's story in a later game, even if not witcher 4. Also they could also make prequel's in my opinion too, Geralt and his story is the reason I am compelled to play these games in the first place(huge fan of the novels), he is irreplaceable in my opinion.

dont think you understood him at all. Cd Project Red should just make equal content for both triss and yen since they failed with it in the base game. Now this is only a small part of a possible 3rd expansion then they should work on loose ends of different stories through out the witcher world. This is very simple to do its just about people being to negative to see the potential in this.

---------- Updated at 08:20 PM ----------

Also making content for triss and yen dosent mean it'll be way less content of something else, and remember some people might not want more triss and yen content but most people definetly want that more than anything and it isnt really fair with spending choices and hours to pick either yen and triss and then being left with noting at the end. Nontheless this game is amazing.

Also making content for triss and yen dosent mean it'll be way less content of something else, and remember some people might not want more triss and yen content but most people definetly want that more than anything and it isnt really fair with spending choices and hours to pick either yen and triss and then being left with noting at the end. Nontheless this game is amazing.

Of course it means less content for something else. If they decide that they can put in X man-hours for "fan-requested" extra content, then using it for Yen/Triss content means it doesn't get used for something else. And it still comes down to Triss content not being of interest toYen fans, Yen content not being of interest to Triss fans, and neither being of interest to those who don't focus on romances.

Regarding what "most people" want, I don't think we've seen strong evidence of that even in these forums, if we count distinct individuals rather than the number of posts or accounts.

I wouldnt mind more yen content as a triss fan aslong as we get equal of content for both of them as wouldnt anybody else so that part is pretty much done. Sorry i didnt write what i meant correctly, i meant that if CD Project Red decides do make more content for both yen and triss to make a fair ending to such as being able to visit kovir for triss and where now yen wanted to go with Geralt to settle down, lets say they implement this then there are still more room for other content. Imo this seems the best way of doing it. As long as we get more triss and and yen content but not more than other content.

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind more yen content as a triss fan aslong as we get equal of content for both of them as wouldnt anybody else so that part is pretty much done. Sorry i didnt write what i meant correctly,

Yes, you wrote it fine the first time.
However, there are also a lot of players who are neither Triss *NOR* Yen fans, and have other reasons for playing this game.

And it still comes down to Triss content not being of interest toYen fans, Yen content not being of interest to Triss fans, and neither being of interest to those who don't focus on romances.

Although the same could be said about content that is added instead of them. Shani in Hearts of Stone was of no interest to Triss or Yennefer fans, nor to those who do not care about romances. Some might argue that fewer well developed romances are worth more than many inconsequential "flings". It is not possible for everything in the game to please everyone, and it is not even necessarily a good thing when developers strive for that too much and cut down on or remove features presumably only of interest to a minority. I do not care about Gwent myself, for example, but have nothing against the addition of more Gwent related features.

In any case, it has already been said that Blood and Wine will be the last expansion, and it is unlikely to include noteworthy content with characters from the main game, it is a stand-alone story with its own cast of characters. So, while I would not mind seeing them again if they are involved in interesting quests (and not just added for the sake of fan service), the decision not make such content was probably already made by the developers long ago.

Last edited:
So, while I would not mind seeing them again if they are involved in interesting quests (and not just added for the sake of fan service),

This to me is the important part. And, of course, Shani was more than just a romance interest. If the involvement of Yen or Triss in future content was as part of the actual story, and not
But maybe it's possible to build up the house with a quick travel point. Just so you can SEE your loved one from time to time.
Seeing Kovir would've been nice if you picked Triss or even if you picked Yen then seeing the little cabin in the woods away from it all would've also been nice and interacting more with one of them after the main quest is complete instead of being told where they went.
then I'd consider it in the same category as any other suggestion. But building two new locations and bringing back the VA's just for a chat? Nope.

This to me is the important part. And, of course, Shani was more than just a romance interest. If the involvement of Yen or Triss in future content was as part of the actual story, and not

then I'd consider it in the same category as any other suggestion. But building two new locations and bringing back the VA's just for a chat? Nope.

No I didn't mean just for a chat at least a few quests and whatnot, honestly it's just that the ending was a letdown for me in this case, everyone is gone after you complete the main story, or they could've just brought them back to kaer morhen or novigrad to wrap it up(with at least a few more quests with your friends and loved ones and then did the epilogue. The ending was just like well now it's over and everyone is gone.

that i know. However imho witcher 3s top reason why people deeply loved it was because of how close you felt to the main characters after finishing the game. I just want them to mix between romance and just content in a 3rd dlc. Honestly its a win win for people who dont like to do to romance and for people who prefers romance over the other content. My biggest wish of all is that they make a witcher 4 with Geralt (iknow they said its the end of Geralt) and he travels to kovir and we get follow him after the hunt and the white frost with left overs from the story. This imo could beat witcher 3 as your choices actually did matter at the end.

that i know. However imho witcher 3s top reason why people deeply loved it was because of how close you felt to the main characters after finishing the game. I just want them to mix between romance and just content in a 3rd dlc. Honestly its a win win for people who dont like to do to romance and for people who prefers romance over the other content. My biggest wish of all is that they make a witcher 4 with Geralt (iknow they said its the end of Geralt) and he travels to kovir and we get follow him after the hunt and the white frost with left overs from the story. This imo could beat witcher 3 as your choices actually did matter at the end.

Agreed. If no DLC was made, which i doubt at this point they will, to follow his story after the main quest and they didn't make a witcher 4 with him as the protagonist i would not be interested in buying such a game. It's been 3 magnificent games with him and his story is so riveting i could only feel like the witcher saga would lose it's soul after that if they take him out. You feel a connection at this point after this journey with him and his story(particularly whichever romance you picked but also his friends,colleagues and Ciri), and seeing The Continent(the politics,side quests and monster slaying) through his witcher eyes.

agreed Geralt is like a must for me in a witcher game. I will seriously go depressed if i cant hear his voice no more if there is witcher 4 coming. All i have to do is to have my hopes up for the best.

Hi guys! I just finished the main story of the game and am absolutely thrilled. This was just a awesome and a masterpiece!
Unfortunately I've made a mistake earlier and therefore had no romance at all (not Triss, not Yen).
I will play the game again and start a romance but I am actually feeling very bad for both of them because it brakes my heart to see one of both being alone :(
Credits to this game and its developers - never felt that way after playing ANY game ever.
I will also start with hearts of stone soon and I know that both of them are not reappearing so far. Hoping for Blood and Wine or future DLC ;-P

On to the suggestion...

I'd love to see that the player can interact far more with his chosen "wife". A DLC about this would be extremely great!
When Yen or Triss will return with own quests (or at least if you could spend time with them after completing the main quests) the game would gain much more depth. Now I'm feeling a little bit left alone because nearly all of my loved companions are gone and I can not see them again (and because of the fact that the world was kind of resetted instead of just moving on with the new political and social structures.) I know that it would be a huge thing to build a whole Kovir for example just to spend time with Triss. But maybe it's possible to build up the house with a quick travel point. Just so you can SEE your loved one from time to time.

I also hope we'll see a DLC sometimes that takes place after the main quest and just continues the game with the new structures and adds a seamless end. So that there is no reset after the main quest is finished.
If those two factors (seamless end, new political/social structures and seeing your loved ones again) could be combined - Witcher 3 will definitely come to an end all the characters have deserved.
I know that it would be a very big thing to create a seamless end for each and every end possible according to the decisions made during the main quest. But you guys can do that - you demonstrated this a lot in this game :)

All the best,
Flowz

I just joined the forum here to write the same thing as you have written. My first internet forum replies after 10 years, this game has had quite an impact on me :). Definatelly one of the best games I have ever played, and hopefully if they fix some things, even the best game I have ever played. Couldnt agree more on every single word! I was actually awaiting this whole family ending with your loved one, and some best mates like Zoltan and Dandellion visiting you. And maybe even Ciri, depending on the ending. I mean, Triss romance seemed like it almost stopped after her novigrad departure and almost nothing in act II and III except for like 2 banters (which were really nice though) and then you do not really get any ending at all. Some fast travel to small location in Kovir, and having some small talk, maybe some small quest would have wrapped that up. Thank god I did not play this before patch 1.10.

And the ending was quite a dissapoitment. After spending countless hours of nonstop fun and awe with this game, you get that? The only characters I found after the ending were Zoltan and Dandallion, none of which say a single new line to you. And Keira, if you made the right choices - at least she had a small comment on her relationship with Lambert. Its just the game was so awesome, and then one would have same expectations from the ending as well. I also felt totally alone in that world afterwards, and I was not in a mood to go through any more Witcher contracts or side quests as I knew I am not gonna see any of my buddies/loved ones. I needed 2 days of break just to start playing HoS

Though maybe better than DLC would be to make EE. They could make way more improvments with that. And that way, they could resell the game and fans would get what they want. Hopefully we will live to see that day. I would not mind spending money either on DLC, or EE. Or anything that fixes the missing content.

We've had this discussion a few times before, and I'm going to give the same reply as I've given in the past.
A DLC about Geralt's future relationship with Triss wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose Yen.
A DLC about Geralt's future relationship with Yen wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose Triss.
A DLC about EITHER of them wouldn't be of interest to those players who chose neither.
I'd prefer CDPR to put their efforts into writing content that doesn't exclude large numbers of their players, not fan-service "Happy Families" scenes.

Cannot really agree with you here. I was not interested in Yen at all in the game (nor did I like her that much in the books), but if the romance and ending/postending would have been done really good - I would not mind playing it at all, I am sure I am gonna do a 2nd playthrough some time and I am probably gonna choose her that time. If these things would have been already fixed, I would start with the 2nd playthrough even now, choosing Yen. I would gladly pay for each of these DLC seperatly if need be.

Top Bottom