About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who confirmed Saskia is not in the B&W ??
if it is leak ? I would still take everything with a grain of salt unless everything is out officially.

@Marcin Momot himself confirmed that Saskia as well as Iorveth won't be in BaW. And I don't get this fanboy obsession with Iorveth and Saskia at all. Why are they so interesting??

Ay, Marcin shared this information on reddit:
Marcin Momot said:
As much as I would love to see Iorveth in the game myself, that's not going to happen - sorry. Same goes for Saskia.
Marcin Momot said:
We're going to a completely new region in BaW, with new characters, places, intrigues, quests, etc. Including these characters in the storyline wouldn't make much sense, I'm afraid. I feel your pain though - Iorveth was my favorite character in W2.
Source.
-----------
And I don't get this fanboy obsession with Iorveth and Saskia at all. Why are they so interesting??
Evidently, a few people found their personalities and stories appealing. Others do not. It's very much a matter of personal preference.

If people desire further discussion of these characters, it should be continued in their thread.

Moderator's note: While you are not obliged to agree with others' opinions, you are asked to, please, respect them. Phrases such as 'fanboy obsession' can be construed as insulting. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi there.I stumble upon on the conversation from the Skellige Most Wanted quest. In the dialogue they were talking about Tuassan where Geralt killed a bruhae named Varenna and that a little bit remind me of the trailer: ,,A night to remember" is this her? The other thing is that he spared the golden dragon in the same place,maybe that dragon is the father of Saskia so I am pretty curious is this related to something that will happend in the expansion or it isnt?

Last edited:
About the "leaked" info. Just for the record, before everyone looses thier minds. There is no leak, just pure speculation, predticions and a little bit of good old trolling. There is no need to remove any ot those posts :D

About the "leaked" info. Just for the record, before everyone looses thier minds. There is no leak, just pure speculation, predticions and a little bit of good old trolling. There is no need to remove any ot those posts :D

There is actual leaked information, from the data mines of the 1.12 string files.

Regardless, CDPR doesn't want people spreading info about B&W which is outside of their control, whether it be real or fake. There are now also several websites reporting on your, as you've admitted, made up information, so yeah... well done. :eredinfacepalm:

Hi there.I stumble upon on the conversation from the Skellige Most Wanted quest. In the dialogue they were talking about Toussaint where Geralt killed a bruxa named Varenna and that a little bit remind me of the trailer: ,,A night to remember" is this her? The other thing is that he spared the golden dragon in the same place,maybe that dragon is the father of Saskia so I am pretty curious is this related to something that will happend in the expansion or it isnt?

Borch is indeed Saskia's father. She mentions this in TW2. I don't think he'll show up in the expansion. Geralt was just using examples of when he spared monsters, instead of killing them. Although Borch isn't a monster anyway. ;)

I think they're actually referring to Vereena, a bruxa from the short story 'A Grain of Truth' in 'The Last Wish'. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Mega patch oh well.. I just hope that I don't need to free-up large amount of space on the drive where W3 is installed. It has about 40 gigs free. So, I hope the upcoming patch+BaW wrap things up under 20-25 gigs.
I hope its 100GB.. My connection is fast and I have room. Right now it looks like CDPR will make DLC's like Rockstar does.. HUGE dlc's allmost like a new game. Yes please. I really feel that I will get my money worth for the season pass. While I wait Im playing rainbow 6 and two of my buddies bought the season pass. A big waste of money imo. CDPR owns ubisoft in that regard.

I hope its 100GB.. My connection is fast and I have room. Right now it looks like CDPR will make DLC's like Rockstar does.. HUGE dlc's allmost like a new game. Yes please. I really feel that I will get my money worth for the season pass. While I wait Im playing rainbow 6 and two of my buddies bought the season pass. A big waste of money imo. CDPR owns ubisoft in that regard.

What did you smoke mate? The base game with all the patches upto now and HoS installed is about 35 gigs. 100 gigs for what? A 500 hours expansion?? 100 gigs my ass! No offence but that remark is downright juvenile.

I hope not.That would take those of the less fortunate among us -- including myself -- rather a long while (4 whole days) to download.
LOL yeah, but just think about how awesome it would be when you finally get it :wisegirl:
How big was HoS? We know this one is going to be more than double the size of that dlc cause in here we have a HUGE new map plus at least 20 hours of story-mode. And if you add all the new contracts and side-quest we could be looking at a big patch. And I hope they upgrade the graphics a little bit. I remember the first few days after release. Yeah my ps4 was working hard, but seriously it looked SOOOOOOO good.

---------- Updated at 12:05 PM ----------

What did you smoke mate? The base game with all the patches upto now and HoS installed is about 35 gigs. 100 gigs for what? A 500 hours expansion?? 100 gigs my ass! No offence but that remark is downright juvenile.

lol calm down buddy I wasnt being serious. I was just trying to paint a picture of how much more witcher content I want. And to answer your first question its jack herer.:stoptrolling:

I'm guessing it would be around 15-20 GB, definitely not more than that considering HoS was 4.5 gigs without any new region, so.

Personally, I've always disliked these downloads: long waits . . . multiple interrupted connections . . . data corruption. . . it makes me quite weary just thinking about it. Ach, well, I suppose it'll all be worth it, in the end. Won't it, @Benzenzimmern ?

PLEASE keep suspense in Blood & Wine trailer

This a request to CDPR. Please don't show the best parts when showing the trailer for blood and wine, especially story wise. We saw headless Olgierd in Hearts of Stone trailer. That sort of thing wont do. Keep more under wraps. Make it more of a mystery and pique our interest that way. Yes, everyone will be tempted to tell me not to watch the trailer before playing the game but the simple fact is that I won't be able to resist and watch the trailer and scold myself for doing it. I think a teaser is enough and if a trailer is to be shown, it should be much later like a few weeks after release to bait those who haven't bought it yet.

This a request to CDPR. Please don't show the best parts when showing the trailer for blood and wine, especially story wise. We saw headless Olgierd in Hearts of Stone trailer. That sort of thing wont do. Keep more under wraps. Make it more of a mystery and pique our interest that way. Yes, everyone will be tempted to tell me not to watch the trailer before playing the game but the simple fact is that I won't be able to resist and watch the trailer and scold myself for doing it. I think a teaser is enough and if a trailer is to be shown, it should be much later like a few weeks after release to bait those who haven't bought it yet.

i would like to see new gameplay changes and much less the story
like:
show us the changes you made to the game and explain the reasons behind it

then , show us a glimpse from the story without huge spoilers

Personally, I've always disliked these downloads: long waits . . . multiple interrupted connections . . . data corruption. . . it makes me quite weary just thinking about it. Ach, well, I suppose it'll all be worth it, in the end. Won't it, @Benzenzimmern ?

I'm with you. Expecially with my download speed, 20 GB will be a long wait.

The last mega patch did not take that long to download for me and HOS only took about 11 mins. Was just checking my PS4 internet connection speed it says:
Download 8.9Mbps
Upload. 3.1Mbps

Im not super clued up on things like that so I dunno if that's considered fast or normal or slow lol

i hope the patch for B&W just adds onto the current patch like previous patches did. I would hate to get the game and sit for ages waiting for patch download.

This is why you buy the boxed version. ;)

Although HoS didn't come with disks, but that was only 4-5 gigs anyway. If B&W is 10GB+, then I hope they include disks in the physical edition.

On my 2mbit connection, downloading 15 gigs would take almost a week because I can only do heavy downloads between 12 - 6 am. At least my area is getting fibre support for 100mbit connections next month. Bad news is that they cost the equivalent of 150 dollars a month, so I could only afford it if I won the lottery. :p

A 8 or 10mbit fibre line would be within my reach though.

I fear that we've all wondered into off-topic territory. :drunk:

No. I would like to get at least a minor indication of what the story or the mysterious, bloody secret is about. Nothing major. But just a hint in the trailer.

This is why you buy the boxed version. ;)

Although HoS didn't come with disks, but that was only 4-5 gigs anyway. If B&W is 10GB+, then I hope they include disks in the physical edition.
Indeed. However -- to bring this back to the topic -- as far as we know, Blood and Wine will be a digital version only, just like Hearts of Stone. Thus far, we've had no indication there may be a physical copy. While a disked version would be more convenient for some, it does present a certain drawback from a development perspective, since printing disks requires that the game be completed well in advance, in order to meet the manufacturing schedule. Whereas with a digital download, the Team -- potentially -- can continue to adjust the game until the last few days before the release date.

i agree, and i think generic cinematic trailers are best, like "killing monsters" or the tv trailer or sword of destiny, that kind of rtailers show the potential of what's coming, and it also shows some imoprtant points of the story and what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom