Is iorveth supposed to be Isingrem Faoilitiarma?

+
Is iorveth supposed to be Isingrem Faoilitiarma?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but reading through the book translations and just met Isingrem. His description to me pretty much spells out Iorveth. Is that who Iorveth is supposed to be? Or is he supposed to just be modeled after him like the Wiki suggests?

If I remember correctly, there is a Iorvetha (a male elf with a big scar) in err... Baptism of Fire I think.
In the french translation at least...

The Iron Wolf escaped along with Dijkstra and Boreas Mun to the Zerrikania at the end of the books.

Rustine said:
The Wolf escaped along with Dijkstra and some other guy to the Zerrikania.

And from this moment in the books to the begining of TW1 there's 5 years... How many things can happen in this lapse of time?

Oddly enough I am reading baptism of fire right now and they just mentioned one of "iorveths commandos" So i am assuming that they are indeed two people?

Iorveth and Faoltiarna are two different characters. Iorveth is mentioned just once and then never again in the whole saga. Faoltiarna is one of main characters when it comes to elves.

Thanks. I guess it just struck me as odd with the whole scar thing and all that. Apparently two elves have the same exact mentioned scar.

Szelius said:
If I remember correctly, there is a Iorvetha (a male elf with a big scar) in err... Baptism of Fire I think.
In the french translation at least...

Nah, his name is still Isengrim Faoiltiarna in french.^^

thing is we dont know how this iorveth in the witcher novels looks like. at the end of the novels isingrem and djikstan become friends, what if djikstan helped him get a different name, one of another dead commander elf? its a bit odd that those 2 elves look the same. although it could just be a mistake by cdpr what if isingrem took the name of another elf so he wouldnt be hunted down so much by the authorities for a while or for some other reason? that might be why this iorveth wants to coexist with humans, because he has befriended other humans.

The way I see it, CDP liked Faoiltiarna but couldn't logically have him in the game, so they created a character with some of his traits.

A similar thing happened with the Professor in TW1 who's a carbon copy of a character from Times of Contempt. In the polish version, the TW1 char is named Magister (master's degree) while the book char was Profesor. Otherwise, they're the same - faux-sophisticated scumbag sellswords wearing glasses.

I think he is meant to be the Iorveth mentioned in the book, but because he was never described just named they took the description for the 'Main' elven leader and passed it onto Iorveth as a reference pretty much. Having played the game before reading the books i did see Faoltiarna as looking exactly as Iorveth is described, then again they just said he had a scar on his face, Iorveth being a leader of squirrel commando's surely went to battle and could have just also gained a scar? Who knows maybe we might find out more if he makes a return :)

Yes these things may seem cheap to book readers but the way i see it CDPR focused more on the crowd which didnt read the books so they didnt mind ripping some characters.

IsengrimR

Red0oG said:
Yes these things may seem cheap to book readers but the way i see it CDPR focused more on the crowd which didnt read the books so they didnt mind ripping some characters.

Why? Iorveth is similar to Isengrim, sure.

But Isengrim is gone, escaped from the scene. If He came back... well, it would be harsh for him.
Still, very possible that Iorveth, as officer of Vrihedd, looked up to his commander.

So, I think it's acceptable.

excuse me if I'm repeating any thing any one else is said, ( I didn't want to read any other comments in case of spoilers in the booc, as I've just started reading them myself.. by just started I mean I'm already up to tower of the swallow. but hey)

if I remember correctly, there was mention of Iorveth in a passing conversation, never mentioned his scar or anything, I'm not sure if he'll show up again later. I recently did read the scene with Isingrem and was thinking the same thing that he must have been CDprojects idea for Iorveth, because I thought I heard CDPR say that they added him as their own character. I guess I heard wrong :p

Top Bottom