FCR2 changelog is here.

+
FCR2 changelog is here.

Now that everyone is excited about TW3, Flash released the changelog of Full Combat Rebalance 2.
I'll post the link here so it gets more recognition.
Some promising changes there, some strange ones, too. I'll definitely try it out when it's released (20th).

"Geralt automatically parries enemy sword attacks and deflects incoming arrows."
This kind of concerns me.

frynse said:
"Geralt automatically parries enemy sword attacks and deflects incoming arrows."
This kind of concerns me.

Hell yes, now it's like TW1. And active block is replaced by active Quen. I like the sound of this more and more.

Flixster said:
Hell yes, now it's like TW1. And active block is replaced by active Quen. I like the sound of this more and more.
But wouldn't Geralt automatically blocking everything make it extremely easy?
Also, I don't see how it makes sense for backstabs to no longer do extra damage.

Other than that, every change sounds goddamn great, really looking forward to try this out some time.

frynse said:
Also, I don't see how it makes sense for backstabs to no longer do extra damage.

Other than that, every change sounds goddamn great, really looking forward to try this out some time.

You just have to trust Flash. He knows what he's doing, believe me.

frynse said:

It could in theory, but I betcha Flash has balanced combat accordingly.

I agree on the backstab thing. Both Geralt and enemies should take extra damage if they let themselves get hit the back.

I don't get the automatically parrying sword attack thing, the block button is now useless? so it doesn't drain vigour at all I guess

sidspyker said:
I don't get the automatically parrying sword attack thing, the block button is now useless? so it doesn't drain vigour at all I guess

Block button now is for active quen, not for pary. That means no overpowered quen sign and more truthful to the books.
Can't wait for operator fight with fcr and dark mode. It will be sick.

Sirnaq said:
Block button now is for active quen, not for pary. Than means no overpowered quen sign and more truthful to the books.
Can't wait for operator fight with fcr and dark mode. It will be sick.
Ah, Sirnaq quick to explain as always.

Wow. Those things sound great. One thing I do not know yet is: How will we know how to get in a certain stance, do pirouhettes and stuff? Will it be explained in the game or something after having applied the mod?

Senteria said:
Wow. Those things sound great. One thing I do not know yet is: How will we know how to get in a certain stance, do pirouhettes and stuff? Will it be explained in the game or something after having applied the mod?
I have a feeling it will be automatic, like how they showed in Witcher 3 trailer. Alternatively, Flash will probably release a manual.

I'm a little leery about the focus mode automatically kicking in and removing second tier skills. But holy crap, that's an impressive list and I'm anxious to try it out. He pretty much covers all the problems I had with the combat system.

While I think the Skill Tree had some useless fluff in it, removing skills may severely unbalance the game because you'll have enough points to buy most skills in more than one tree.

If there are less skills, there will also be less levels, the only concern here is balance and i think that flash knows what he is doing.

Finally soaked boots in tutorial weigh more than dry boots!!

haha

reading the changelog and I'm wondering Why isn't this a patch? Does CDPR not agree with all the things on the list? or is to promote Redkit?

That's really good. Being able to have combats like TW3 before the release of the game? Priceless.
That's a very clever idea, it will let them tweak TW3's combat system easily from fans' comments.

Top Bottom