CDPR, please don't release the Witcher 3 on Xbox One

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sken

Forum veteran
CDPR, please don't release the Witcher 3 on Xbox One

They don't deserve it. I hope to only see it on PC and PS4.

Following the Xbox One reveal, the numerous interviews that have followed, it's clear Microsoft are traveling in the opposite direction to the gamer. Used game fees, paywalls, always online to some extent are in Microsoft's philosophy. They have become the DRM console equivalent.

One a positive note, E3 only a few weeks away, can't wait to hear and hopefully see more about Witcher 3, and maybe Cyperbunk.

Technically, consoles are already DRM, and rather draconian at that. Now it's even worse. I wonder if CDPR will speak up about it.

How about they release TW3 on Linux as well, instead of just DRM-ed operating systems?

Groundbreaking news: Microsoft makes Windows!

slimgrin said:
I wonder if CDPR will speak up about it.

CDPR, $50.7 million (2012 revenue)
M$FT, $73.7 billion

Sadly, the more likely question will be whether Microsoft can so dominate the console market as to force their terms on everyone.

Yeah I can't really argue against you man, I'm on your side. Man, Microsoft have really lost their fucking minds, haven't they. Is Lex Luther running the company now or what?

Regardless, the situation is looking mighty grim. They've said they're going to release further details in E3 but I doubt they're going to change their minds on the abhorrent decisions they've already made. I'd love to see developers boycott the platform but we all know that's not going to happen. The consumers however. It'd be really awesome to see some solidarity for ones and see all gamers stand united and tell Microsoft to collectively go fuck themselves. That probably won't happen either but one can hope.

On a happier note, I too hope that RED will reveal a couple of more details regarding The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. There has to at least be some more news about TW3! We know there's gonna be a closed off preview to journalists about the game but it'd be nice if us mere mortals could get a slice of the action as well! (I wouldn't be surprised if RED decided to hold a journalist only press conference due to the community whining about TW3 not looking so nice despite the fact that RED has on numerous occasions said that they're using the old renderer. Good job people, maturity ftw right?)

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to E3 just in general. A new console generation is just by the horizon and I expect a BUNCH of new games to be announced. Oh it's gonna be awesomesauce! Bring it on baby, my body is ready :D Can't wait to see the innovation, the awesome storytelling and fantastic gameplay that's currently in works at various studios!

Sken

Forum veteran
GuyN said:
M$FT, $73.7 billion

Sadly, the more likely question will be whether Microsoft can so dominate the console market as to force their terms on everyone.

Nothing wrong with Witcher 3 being a console exclusive to PS4 as Witcher 2 was to 360.

Microsoft I hope will learn the same lesson next gen Sony did with this gen, it is and always will be about the games, the gamer and the developer.

GuyN said:
M$FT, $73.7 billion

I don't see how they can dominate the console market with these crazy stipulations, unless developers are somehow obligated/under contract to make games for Microsoft, aren't they going to migrate to other platforms? That's what the players will certainly be doing. And CDPR has balls, they've spoken out about this stuff before, and now xbox gamers are going to experience worse DRM and regulations than any other platform. Even Ubisoft abandoned the always online crap for PC.

All right, I get it, problems with reselling your content. Why then the entire gaming community is not up in arms against Steam and GOG as well? They do not give you any frigging option of reselling to begin with, but you love them. MS decided to limit it somewhat, and they are princes of darkness incarnate?

Not always on-line, but probably would require on-line activation of games. What's so wrong with this? You, PC people, lived with this crap for years now, with no world-wide internet uprisings. But suddenly you got all enraged by MS doing the same thing on xbox one that is already done on PC?

BTW, by using any Windows operation system you contribute to the well-being of the Empire of Evil called Microsoft.

So, CDPR, listen up! You should ditch both xbox one and windows-based PC as your development platforms, and concentrate exclusively on ps4 and Linux. Otherwise you would support the Empire of Evil, and are collaborators in the destruction of gaming.

The Black Sun Full Moon rising...

vivaxardas said:
All right, I get it, problems with reselling your content. Why then the entire gaming community is not up in arms against Steam and GOG as well?

Both allow you to burn content to disk, and play that content on any other PC. Perfectly legal as far as I know. But I know where this is headed, so I'm out.

slimgrin said:
Both allow you to burn content to disk, and play that content on any other PC. Perfectly legal as far as I know. But I know where this is headed, so I'm out.

Well, if you know xbox live policy, you can play any game on any xbox if you are logged into your account. You can back up any game on a flash drive and store it. The same thing as I see it. Nobody is going to limit your use of a game, only a re-selling to other gamers.

slimgrin said:
Technically, consoles are already DRM, and rather draconian at that.
How so? At least current consoles games can be sold. The same can’t be said about the vast majority of today’s PC games. What makes them “rather draconian”?

IsengrimR

Just do not buy it on Xbox 1 or whatever it will be called ( I don't want to seem "PC-elitist", but I have only PC and thus play only on it).
Just do not buy Xbox 1. Simple solution. I still think that CDPR will prioritise regardless, as this is the platform they are most familiar with, so no issue with design focus, here. I think, at least.

I feel like a kitty or puppy is kicked every tie I boot into Windows to play a game. My computer is like some twisted Jeckal and Hyde creation.

I didn't know always online was confirmed, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me after visiting the page.

Its looking like a case where the poor folks who get it will only discover the potential (and enormous) negatives about the product once they happen.

And with all this fancy shit you'd think they'd include backwards compatibility. I wonder how they'll treat gamer tags. With the Online XBoc store, achievements, avatars, etc. the XBox guys have caved themselves a very personalized device and library of coolness and fun.

CDPR will make TW3 for Xbox One for sure, why would you think they would not.

All companies like to make money.

lol they pretty much already said they are

should I wish it was an Xbox one exclusive now because I dislike nvidia and ati? come on.

also you do not need to be always online to play games only the other features

people are way overly sensitive about this

Glaroug said:
I feel like a kitty or puppy is kicked every tie I boot into Windows to play a game. My computer is like some twisted Jeckal and Hyde creation.

I didn't know always online was confirmed, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me after visiting the page.

Its looking like a case where the poor folks who get it will only discover the potential (and enormous) negatives about the product once they happen.

And with all this fancy shit you'd think they'd include backwards compatibility. I wonder how they'll treat gamer tags. With the Online XBoc store, achievements, avatars, etc. the XBox guys have caved themselves a very personalized device and library of coolness and fun.
tags and gamer scores carry over....I am more miffed about backward compatibility gut...oh well

I understand the backwards compatibility,fair enough as long as they maintain a community for the 360.

vivaxardas said:
BTW, by using any Windows operation system you contribute to the well-being of the Empire of Evil called Microsoft.

Näh i bought my windows licenses on the used market.
Yeah most of the time i have to call Microsoft directly to activate them, but who can say no to a 30€ second hand license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom