Corporate: Slick business raiders and multi-millionaires

Fixer: Deal makers, smugglers, organizers and information brokers

Media: Newsmen and reporters who go to the wall for the truth

Netrunner: Cybernetic computer hackers

Nomad: Road warriors and Gypsies who roam the highways

Rockerboy: Rebel rockers who use music and revolt to fight authority

Solo: Hired assassins, bodyguards, killers, soldiers

Techie: Renegade mechanics and doctors

what do you think which classes will be in 2077 ?

which class would you like to play ?

You're on a roll today :D Is that Case in your icon?

When starting a new game, I like to challenge myself and pick a character I wouldn't 'normally' play, to try and get into a new mindset. Out of those nine, I find Rockerboy and Netrunner the most appealing, and I would totally go for Rockerboy if it involved playing/making music in some way. I don't know the details of how the class works, however.

Techie also sounds fun, how about being a creepy doctor-inventor? Or Media person, like I'd miss a chance to roleplay Eliza Cassan.

All of the classes sound awesome, though, if they include even a half of them the game is going to have so, so much replay potential.

What a great find though I have no idea which of those classes will be in the game.

As for me I'm Rockerboy, what else is more fun than fight authority with the power of rock and metal. I hope this will be ingame.

I'd be so disappointed at corporate wasn't included!

They'd probably merge Media Corporate and Fixer into a social based class with different factions or something.

I'd go with Corporate because CDPR is known for their writing and voice acting stuff. It'd be cool to call company mercs and have them just kill whoever I want.

thank you for posting, I have just heard about 2020 and not much so I'm very excited to be in the dark and have everything new.

Corporate or Fixer for me, please.

On topic of which classes should be included, I think Rockerboy is such a unique and iconic class for Cyberpunk that it should definitely be included (Netrunner being out of question).

I don't think all of these will be in game from the start. It would be smart to concentrate on few major classes and present their campaign to full extent and perhaps later release DLC with one or two more. Remember saying "quality over quantity"

Question is will each class have different story? quests? If so, that's a lot of work!
There are many ways they could squeeze all these classes in one game example, remember movie called "Traffic"? each chapter shown someone else perspective/story. They could let you choose which one you want to play first, and outcomes/decisions you pick might have effects on other classes story.. Hmm but lets hope not?

Anyway thats a lot of work to be done. If those lets say 5 classes will have their own 10-20+ hours long story to tell. Witcher 2 x5 classes/stories = release date 2015+

Eh, maybe I’m misunderstanding something here but only five of those (at most) sound like they could be used in the game. I mean how would you play as a rockstar? Killing enemies with your killer riffs? Or annoy opponents to death with a barrage of hard-hitting questions as the reporter? Could anyone who is familiar with the Cyberpunk Pen-and-Paper games try to explain to me how this would work?

Cop, Fixer, Techie, Corporate, Net Runner and Solo all sound interesting and feasible for the game. I'd be most interested in Solo or Corporate. Corporate could actually be very interesting. Nomad is overdone ala Fallout. Media seems incompatible for a PC game, and Rockerboy sounds downright ridiculous - some things should be left in the 80's.

Well I do hope that the game allows for all conflict and situations to be diffused through either conversation or physical violence. If so then damn! Then I truly cannot wait to play it.

I have this notion to play as a Corporate guy. Real slick suit, dark green coat, dark orange shirt and a black tie, going around and manipulating the shit out of everyone. Giving everyone the impression that I don't give a shit about humanity and I have no morals. When in fact, I'm a guy who follows a strict code of ethics and try to always to the right thing, when I can. I want to use subterfuge, stealth and sharp rhetoric as my main weapons. I'd love to play the game like that, just silent and sneaky when I'm not in a meeting. When I'm conversing with other people, I'm constantly trying to outsmart them and deceive them through word plays.

So yeah, if that ends up being an option, then that's definitely what I'm going to be playing as! My usual playstyle and preference is just a really aggressive stealthy guy. I'm killing bitches but I'm doing so in silence. If The Corporate Class isn't what I think it is, then I'll be going with either Cop, Nomad, or Solo. Though now that I think about it and reflect on the classes, Media and Net Runner sound really interesting as hell.

As to which classes I think will be in the game, I seriously have no idea. I'm not familiar with the Cyberpunk setting at all. It wasn't until Red announced they were working on it that I found out the franchise exists.
Dona said:
You're on a roll today :D/> Is that Case in your icon?

When starting a new game, I like to challenge myself and pick a character I wouldn't 'normally' play, to try and get into a new mindset. Out of those nine, I find Rockerboy and Netrunner the most appealing, and I would totally go for Rockerboy if it involved playing/making music in some way. I don't know the details of how the class works, however.

Techie also sounds fun, how about being a creepy doctor-inventor? Or Media person, like I'd miss a chance to roleplay Eliza Cassan.

All of the classes sound awesome, though, if they include even a half of them the game is going to have so, so much replay potential.
That's a pretty cool mentality. Personally, I can't play anything other than how I normally play! I'm too afraid to pick a class that sucks, or more likely, a class that I suck major balls with, thus ending up having little to no fun playing the game. But I applaud you, that's a really fun and engaging gameplay style/philosophy :) I guess I could try that in... actually no, I'll end up just hating myself! :p I'll probably go with a class/playstyle I'm familiar with in Cyberpunk, like the pussy I am ^^

Damn I wish there was martial arts/close combat class. Lets hope "Solo" is not just trigger happy ex-marine.

I see many dont know much or anything about 2020.

I also dont know so much about it. But i now good sites where the whole 2020 game is explained.

Maybe i should make a new post about how 2020 works, because the game is really huge.

cyber12 said:
I see many dont know much or anything about 2020.

I also dont know so much about it. But i now good sites where the whole 2020 game is explained.

Maybe i should make a new post about how 2020 works, because the game is really huge.

Please do!!!! I am just starting to warm up to the cyberpunk stuff and with CDPR at the helm I have all the faith in the world it will ROCK BALLS off men and women alike!!!!

I wonder if CDPR will have the same roles as the ones you list, since some of them sound WAY more implementable in a computer game than others.

Media, Netrunner, and Techie all sound interesting to me. The pursuit of truth is right up my alley, and the others sound like good fits for the world they're in.

Top Bottom