Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
Can you explain the Shani comments you made? (as far as you know, no) Edit: Sorry that was for PM.What can you tell us about Shani in TW2?

Any info that you can share about combat system?1. Is it still Health, Stamina, Toxicity?2. How is damage determined?3. Are there criticals?4. Are there critical effects? (Pain, Bleeding, etc)5. Can Geralt use other weapons? In TW1 he could but they didn't really make much sense.6. How does armor work? Is it percentage based (-20% damage), or is it a fixed number (-20 points)?7. There are shields, right? How do they work? Can Geralt use one?8. Are there any extra effects from equipment, like +2 dexterity or some such?9. Are there bombs?10. Shall I continue? :)

-will there be throwing weapons? ( daggers, silver chain, etc )-how does enemy target system work? ( first game had small dagger appear when you mouse over enemy)-will enemies stand around for 5 seconds while you complete finisher moves? In other words, are finisher moves carried out quicker this time?-can we disarm enemies?-can we chop off limbs?-how accurate will the paraphrase reflect Geralt's full dialog response? Thanks :) that's a lot of questions, I know.

Is TW2 going to be 3D? Specifically, is it going to be 3D Vision compatible?TW works great in 3D without any extra help from devs, however TW2 uses a brand new engine which I'm curious as to any 3D testing has been done at all?
Keth said:
Any questions welcome :)

Will there be more monster and human enemy types?Will there be more human NPC designs ? [remember that poor man on streest, Gramps and gravedigger had the same design]

caccolo said:
Is day-night cycle still present ?
They answered this one a long time ago, in the very first video, the one that was leaked. Have you seen that one? Though some things have changed since then, you might want to check it out, if you haven't seen it.How much micromanaging will we have to do of combat? One of the things I liked about TW1 was that Geralt did a lot of dodging and parrying on his own. The motion-capture combat animations you guys used were so gorgeous that I wanted to watch Geralt in action and was glad that I didn't have to be clicking twice a second or something. I understand that combat is a bit more involved this time around ... can you give some particulars?

Thanks for the reply Corylea, I have seen the leaked video but informations are now more official and since that date some things may have changed as you said. As they say, better safe than sorry :)I'll go with an unusual question just out of curiosity: could you tell us the name and effect of a newly introduced potion ?

How many "Silver swords" are there in The Witcher 2 ?Can we buy "Silver swords" or do we get them as a reward for completing certain quests ?Thanks

Flea said:
How many "Silver swords" are there in The Witcher 2 ?Can we buy "Silver swords" or do we get them as a reward for completing certain quests ?Thanks
You know...there are some things we're better off not knowing before the actual release. Some might think this might be a...spoiler...of sorts?

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
You know...there are some things we're better off not knowing before the actual release. Some might think this might be a...spoiler...of sorts?
I'm asking for a number not the location, And I'm asking if I can buy them or no. My questions have noting to do with spoilers.

* Can you please include some way of displaying the full text of dialog choices (besides the shortened version)? See this thread on the subject: http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=31304.0* How will alchemy work exactly? Being a chemist I loved the system in TW1 where you could mix and match any ingredients you liked and just had recipes to guide you. Will this still be possible in TW2?

*how do NPCs react to environment? Like when they see a corpse of guard that you killed does it cause commotion? Or in the prison scene when you put out torches ,do they realize that someone put them out and try to search for you?*Torches (again) burn out when they are dropped in the prison scene (which look weird),so i would suggest that the guards fight with the torches in one hand and with sword in the other ,or that when they are dropped they still emit some light.*Will there be option to see full text choices? Also have the choices been fixed? (In Flotsam Geralt can choose: "Can you help me?", however he says to Triss : "Can you get him?" and when protecting Dandelion: "Who's going to hang?" ,but he actually says: "What are they going to hang for? They don't look dangerous.")*You said that there will be 3 battlefields in final game. We have seen one so far ,so my question is will the others look similar? The one we saw was in Demon's dimension so I'm okay with no interaction with soldiers and randomly placed Mantlets. However I would be pleased if in other battlefields there was visible some kind of organization and limited number of 1 on 1 fights. Also some variety of troops (Cavalry - I know there are no horses in tw2 however it would be epic see mass of mounted soldiers cut through lines of pikemen, even if it won't be possible to interact with them)*How does the evasion in tw2 work? It looked like Geralt was able to evade damage from arrows just by doing that side jump which should not be possible. The only way should be to take cover behind the mantlets.I'm sorry if my questions look more like suggestions or criticism ,but I wanted to give some objective feedback.Also I'm sorry for my English. Thank you for answers.

Top Bottom