Hobbits in the Witcher game

+
Hobbits in the Witcher game

I read somewhere that there are Gnomes in the Witcher world. I quite like Gnomes and I'm sure Geralt would welcome them with open arms. So, I think that we should bring Hobbits or Gnomes into the Witcher game series.

Hobbits will be "out of character", since no such race is ever mentioned in Sapkowski's books. Gnomes however would be interesting, but they are rarely found anywhere outside Mahakam and other dwarven areas.

Not so: Halflings such that you couldn't distinguish them from that other world's Hobbits, right down to the hairy feet and predilection for ale and pipeweed, are indeed in Sapkowski.

Milo "Rusty" Vanderbeck ("Stitch red to red, white to white, everything will be all right") was a noted surgeon and a companion of Shani at the Battle of Brenna.

The Hofmeiers and Biberveldts are notable Halfling families.

I agree with the OP so far as to say that if the plot conditions were right for introducing them, halflings would be welcome and not out of place. Just don't call them "hobbits", and everything will be all right.

If there aren't any Hobbit additions, more Lord of the RIngs connections would be nice. I thought that SPOILER: Iorveth and Geralt's little Lord of the Rings reference was rather fun. Perhaps a sword that glows when monsters are nearby?

Some games (Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning) have Gnomes integrated into their story lines. I thought it was a successful move. It was certainly one of the things that attracted me to it!

I was mentioned above, there are halflings in the books, even though you don´t get to know about them all that much. LOTR references were indeed fun, but I appreciate there were only a very few of them. This game has its own wonderful enviroment and characters with amazing sense of humour, so in my opinion there is no need to combine these two fantasy settings together more.

Gnomes was a little incorporated into The Witcher 1, so to speak. But it made sense, since it was connected logically to the quests. Plus you were with your character in quite a big city. Seeing as the story developed in TW2, I don´t expect to see any gnomes on the way for the future.

There actually is a LotR reference in the game hidden as an easteregg. I also think that the outward appearance of Trolls in The WItcher 2 are inspired by LotR Trolls.

True, or even the appearance of of the Bullvores being an easter egg to the Balrog. SPOILER the mines in Vergen (Balin). But an easter egg involving hobbits would have been nice, perhaps I just like Hobbits, but I still would have hoped that the Witcher games could have intergrated Gnomes into the game at least.

Would these people be considered as "hobbits"?
On another note, The Hobbit is coming out soon!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGsB9dORBg[/media]

No, because Sapkowski's Halflings do not call themselves Hobbits, nor does anybody else in the relevant universe.

Halflings are exactly the same as Hobbits. Just don't call them Hobbits.

Top Bottom