Iorveth and Letho's old voices

+
Iorveth and Letho's old voices

Do you guys remember the debut trailer of TW 2? Letho back then had more mysterious voice and Iorveth got a deep and badass voice. So,tell me do you think the new voice actors are better than the old? (I would appreciate if someone can tell me the name of Iorveth's old voice actor).

Those were stand-in voices AFAIK, and actually I think they're done by the same person. No idea who, though.

Oooh man, I do remember those quite well. Dona, Throughthegiftshop and me had quite a few laughs last summer over them cause, to be honest, they were...

pretty

gosh

darn

hilarious

Also not to mention the vid where Iorveth was spazzing around like nbd in front of Geralt, Triss and Roche

hmm i just searched for older trailers...

which old voice did you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otRU79Rdh_0
at 1:25

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4c1d0nRzWY
at 1:05

+ the ingame voice that makes 3...

You can see it there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V3yOXEtBII&feature=share&list=PL9CE7699BC5D193ED
I find both voices ok.

thedawner said:
Oooh man, I do remember those quite well. Dona, Throughthegiftshop and me had quite a few laughs last summer over them cause, to be honest, they were...

pretty

gosh

darn

hilarious

Also not to mention the vid where Iorveth was spazzing around like nbd in front of Geralt, Triss and Roche
VEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNON RRROOOOCHE

Good times.

Holy shit, damn you for reminding me! The previous voice actors were horrible. I hated them. They sound amateurish, unoriginal and cliché. Letho and Iorveths current voice actors are beyond amazing. They have this insane ability to subtly convey hidden emotions just by changing the way they pronounce a word, emphasis on a sentence or even by adjusting the tone of their voice. It's really insane and I'm so happy Red went with those actors instead of the old ones.

For reference:

Mark Frost and Mark Lewis Jones play Iorveth and Letho respectively. Have no idea what Mr. Frost looks like but damn, Lewis Jones does strike me as oddly familiar :p I really hope to see these magnificent sons of bitches in other games. I can listen to their voices for hours!

FoggyFishburne said:
Have no idea what Mr. Frost looks like
He's a fine looking fella, currently playing the Joker in Batman Live play. He seems to have quite a history playing less-than-nice characters, Iorveth is perfect for him. [tag @ wishroom]

For additional lulz, watch Faust. He's the main character. Although, I warn you, that movie is not good for your sanity, but sooo worth it for his ridiculous facial expressions.

Iorveth now is so much better. You can really sense the bitterness in his voice not like the other one who just sounds like some snooty guy.

Letho sounds kind of exotic when you first hear him he sounds weird since he isn't trying to be badass. You'd expect him to sound badass all the time which was what Geralt was in the W1 now they sound more natural and believable.

It is funny because Mark Lewis Jones acted as Shagga of the Stone Crows! For all of you that watch the Game of Thrones, that is.

Dona said:
VEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNON RRROOOOCHE

Good times.

Best of times.

Anyhow, I saw the debut vid after I played the game so the voices sounded incredibly weird to me. Odd accents in the wrong places, OOCness and all that jazz. They really just didn't fit at all but I guess that's not much of a problem since I heard they were meant just to serve as a placeholder... so they would've been replaced anyways.

FoggyFishburne said:
The previous voice actors were horrible. I hated them. They sound amateurish,

I think we've got a difference of opinion on that one because I enjoy a lot more previous voice actors. Especially Iorveth and Triss, Roche was fine, but din't like Letho. I would still like to have previous voice actors

Now that you're talking about voice-acting, I personally find the Polish version better than the English one. I did four playthroughs in English and they were nice, now I'm doing with Polish voices and dude... Good voices. The characters sound very natural, I can actually hear ALWAYS Vernon and Geralt (which in English version so many times is whispering instead of talking, especially Geralt XD), Trish doesn't seem "forced"... So good. Funny thing is that I don't know Polish, so used to subtitles XD

And about the Letho/Iorveth old version, I prefer the newer ones, which both are good. Probably of the few ones who I can put them as the same level with the Polish voices.

Top Bottom