best potions for fight ?

+
Swallow, Tawny Owl, Golden Oriole, Rook, Virga and maybe Brock.

Moderator: Inappropriate comment about the OP's nationality edited OUT.

alhakemmido said:
what is the best potions for fight ?
Depends on who or what you're fighting, what level of difficulty you're playing at, and what skills your character has in the Alchemy branch.

For pretty much everyone, Swallow, Tawny Owl, Rook, Wolf; Virga against poisoners.

Skilled alchemists can use Gadwall and Thunderbolt, and Virga becomes very powerful.

gab961111 said:
i don't use potions even on dark
You dont have to if you like challenge. Makes fights way easier if you are fighting strong opponents. On normal it doesn't make much difference but on hard or insane its definitely recommended on few occasions.

So tray on insane gab961111, you know the tension.
But first insane playthrough i was killed in discussion with Roche in prologue.

Vandergrift said:
So tray on insane gab961111, you know the tension.
But first insane playthrough i was killed in discussion with Roche in prologue.

LOL now i wonder how that happened !? But i`m pretty sure i know . But i`m not going into spoilers .

Since this is in the general discussion forum, I would like to ask if you are playing Witcher 1 or 2 (I will guess TW2 since it is newer). For Witcher 2, on Normal, I had consistant good results with Swallow and Wolf for 2 of the slots, and I would use either Golden Oriole (against poisoning opp) or Tawny Owl (non-poisoning opp) for the third slot.

I will add that I have only had 1 complete play through and haven't experimented much yet - but since that was consistant enough I didn't feel the need to experiment either. My build was a mix of all three braches, but swordsmanship had the most points.

Hope that helps.

it really depends on what enemies youre about to face. swallow is of course the go to potion; when you know youre in for a good fight, yet uncertain to the details.

the journal is really handy in its descriptions of which combinations of potions work well together, according to what types of enemies or situations geralt may find himself in.

true that alot of the potions have negative effects now, but they can be balanced out if one considers the correct combination of concoctions.

a good example would be, say, if geralt were facing several enemies that have powerful attacks, that must be parried, the answer my friends is maribor forest.

now glancing at the journal entry for it, it mentions the negative effects, and other potions that work well to balance out the effects...like swallow & wolf.

check it out! this will help you be even more effective in future battles.

the only knock i have on this is that none of this info is mentioned, under individaul potion descriptions, straight up out of the "meditation" & "drink potion" sections, nor is the above info readily available in arena mode either, when you could really use it.

eventually though, youll memorize some, if not all, of these combinations & youll be a more effective killer for it as well.

not really topic related, but i would also encourage everyone to at least try a playthorugh which focuses on the alchemy branch altogether.

also, if one is so alchemically interested, the most important item in the game (arguably) will be the "mages gloves" that you get right at the beginning of act 1. these allow geralt to harvest more alchamical ingredients than he would otherwise.

I'm assuming this is for TW2.

The cocktail I prepare for most standard fights consists of Swallow (+ vitality regen), Tawny Owl (+vigor regen) and Rook (+ damage). This is mostly for offensive approaches, but it works well under most scenarios. Depending on your particular enemy, you may want to increase something more specific, like fire resistance.

You can also use a whetstone or a sword oil if you need to maximize the damage you inflict per blow. This was useful, for example, when fighting the respawning wraiths during Anezka's ritual, in Chapter 1.

If you choose the alchemist specialization, then you may want to actually consume as many potions as you can to unlock the special abilities you get when poisoned.

It's all relative. Jut be sure you use the powerful potions with care, and after upgrading in the alchemy tree.

The other thing that's worth taking into consideration is your trophy - you can often switch that either to balance out a negative potion effect or boost something you want to strengthen.

Top Bottom