The Witcher EE for Mac at Retail Stores

+
The Witcher EE for Mac at Retail Stores

So, I stumbled upon a PC/Mac retail edition of The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I was wondering if this is legit or fake? I thought the Mac version of The Witcher was only exclusive to Steam.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Witcher-Enhanced-Edition-PC-Windows-7-Vista-XP-Apple-Mac-Brand-New-/00/s/MTA2NVgxNTI2/$T2eC16V,!w0E9szNZISIBP+KsNI64Q~~60_57.JPG

This also seems to be published by CD Projekt themselves, not by Atari.

Product Features:
-Host of technical and visual improvements throughout the game
-Re-scripted and re-recorded English and German dialogue
-Improved combat reactivity with new animations
-Instruction manual and official game guide
-Map for thorough exploration of The Witcher's world

Thanks for the info! Yeah, well I already got my retail copy and the GOG backup copy - that's good enough for me.

Just get the regular GOG Windows version and use it with Wine on Mac OSX if you don't use Steam. Steam version is mostly the same thing (i.e. using Wine), except for some bug fixes not available in the regular Witcher version (though some of those bugs can be annoying). In general Witcher is playable with Wine.

Gilrond said:
Just get the regular GOG Windows version and use it with Wine on Mac OSX if you don't use Steam. Steam version is mostly the same thing (i.e. using Wine), except for some bug fixes not available in the regular Witcher version (though some of those bugs can be annoying). In general Witcher is playable with Wine.
It's not fake!
The new re-editon of TW1 is now avialable in Spain, Sweden, Australia, France and Italy. Soon it will come to Germany.
And it's a double edition - both for PC and Mac.

Masos said:
It's not fake!
The new re-editon of TW1 is now avialable in Spain, Sweden, Australia, France and Italy. Soon it will come to Germany.
And it's a double edition - both for PC and Mac.

Oh, great. Can you somehow make that version available as an option on GOG? So far I have to use the Windows version, but I'm a Linux user and playing it with Wine. Some bugs are fixed in the release for Mac (which are obviously Wine related) and those fixes can benefit Linux users as well. I assume there were some reasons why those bug fixes didn't make it back into the Windows version, so you keep them separate. But I'm not using Steam, and already bought the Windows version of the game on GOG. So getting retail Mac (i.e. Wine) version just to extract the game from there isn't very reasonable. I'm sure Mac OSX users will appreciate the game on GOG as well.

Thanks!

Top Bottom