What is the Cyberpunk's Engine ?

+
What is the Cyberpunk's Engine ?

The Red Engine ( The Witcher 2 ) , The Aurora Engine 2 ( The Witcher 2 alpha edition ) Or the Unreal Engine ( They ) ?

Thanks

RED Engine . Should make for some very beautiful and detailed not to mention stunning graphics .

100% Red Engine. nothing else thats why they created it. its very detail, rich and perfect for RPG's games. I think they said they are still working and adding things to it all the time. so i guess by the time game comes out it will be Red Engine 1.5 so to speak.

Well the Red Engine is almost 2-3 years old (I think) and the game comes out in 2-3 years, so they must have improved it a lot by then (4-6 years).

Thanks to the Xbox release of The Witcher 2, RED Engine will be way better optimised this time.

TheStalkWitcher said:
The Red Engine ( The Witcher 2 ) , The Aurora Engine 2 ( The Witcher 2 alpha edition ) Or the Unreal Engine ( They ) ?

Thanks

Not sure, but I would say Witcher 2 alpha was an early version of the Red Engine, not the Aurora Engine.

Aver

Forum veteran
TheStalkWitcher said:
so I hope they will optimize it like the unreal engine 3 :)

There is no game made with Unreal Engine 3 that is beautiful as TW2, so it's hard to compare optimization. UE3 is designed to make games for X360 and PS3 and those consoles are very old - so no wonder that those games are running nicely on PC.

Also there is no game made with UE3 that would have comparable locations and architecture (cities with lots of NPCs). Only TERA Online is like that and it's terribly optimized.

Check Samaritan demo. It's made on UE3,5 - tease of UE4 designed for next generation. Soon you will need much stronger PC than you need for TW2 to play games that will be made on this engine.

Aver

Forum veteran
Chromie92 said:
Come on DirectX 11!

I don't need it. I played Crisis 2 on DirectX9 and on DirectX11 and only noticeable difference were better vehicle tracks on the ground and 15% lower FPS. >.>

Also I checked list of games that supports DX11 and most of them have so freakin' ugly graphics... Maybe 4 or 5 games have nice graphics but they also have DX9 support.

For me DX11 is worth nothing. It adds so little and needs so much, that it's not worth any effort.

And I'm saying that even tho I have high-end graphics card. ;)

Yeah it will be their own engine. I think it will look amazing. Now they have tried it with a game, and can continue to make it even greater. I look forward to what they come up with:D

Aver said:
I don't need it. I played Crisis 2 on DirectX9 and on DirectX11 and only noticeable difference were better vehicle tracks on the ground and 15% lower FPS. >.>

Also I checked list of games that supports DX11 and most of them have so freakin' ugly graphics... Maybe 4 or 5 games have nice graphics but they also have DX9 support.

For me DX11 is worth nothing. It adds so little and needs so much, that it's not worth any effort.

And I'm saying that even tho I have high-end graphics card. ;)

Oh please. Look at Battlefield 3 not the graphics but at how well the game runs. I can play at 60 fps at 1920x1200 on a single HD 5770. DX11 runs amazingly well and would love to see Cyberpunk utilize DX11 performance enhancing features.

Aver

Forum veteran
Chromie92 said:
Oh please. Look at Battlefield 3 not the graphics but at how well the game runs. I can play at 60 fps at 1920x1200 on a single HD 5770.

On lowest settings I suppose... Every benchmark that I found show that 5770 on high (not highest) settings doesn't run even on 40 FPS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-8.html

And on low settings even TW2 will run 60+ FPS on 5770.

Reod said:
You mean DirectX 12??? or 13 >.>
PS4 and x720 will be DX11 compatible, so as TW3 and Cyberpunk. Before 2014-2015 RE will defo be updated many times, to look even better on DX11 when it comes to that.

Top Bottom