TW1 impact on TW2

+
TW1 impact on TW2

I don't play alot of computer games (failry picky on what I like) and just found TW2 last week (Friend's recommendation). I just finished my first playthrough and reading on the forums here it seemed that TW1 was equally or more popular. I'm planning on picking up a copy and wondered how much impact starting there is starting TW2 from a TW1 save game file. Should I wait on TW2 second playthough until I've had a chance to get TW1 so I have a save file to load from? I searched a couple forum sections (and manually scrolled through aout 100 Pages fo general discussion to see if I could find a previous thread on this topic, ut if one exists - I couldn't find it). Spoilers aren't necessary, ut you can use spoiler tags if it helps make a point. Mostly I wondered if it was marginal vs major impact on game choices. No impact early game, or impact in every stage of the game, things like that.

V/R

HK

There's no radical differences, but If you really want be involved in the world of the Witcher I strongly recommend you to play TW1 before. ;)

well for me it made quite a different using the save got some seriously nice gear that i used all the way up to act 3.

And playing witcher 1 let's to get more immersed in the witcher world itself.

Marius, your gear lasted until act 3?! The Moon Blade is good, sure, but it's obsolete by the end of act 1 - the Raven's Armor as well.

LurtzOfOrthanc said:
Marius, your gear lasted until act 3?! The Moon Blade is good, sure, but it's obsolete by the end of act 1 - the Raven's Armor as well.

I played someone`s save game that also had the Raven`s Armor and moonblade when taking on the dragon on the tower . Was no picnic let me tell you . I think it took the better part of an hour in real time of continuous fighting to finally finish the scene but it is possible . None that i care to relive anytime soon though :p

So, you can import some gear and things, but does it affect the storyline at all? Characters added or missing ecause of what you chose in TW1? People ehaving differently or a change in how you interact? Anything like that?

Treamayne said:
So, you can import some gear and things, but does it affect the storyline at all? Characters added or missing ecause of what you chose in TW1? People ehaving differently or a change in how you interact? Anything like that?
Nope no main storyline changes . There are a few characters you get to meet later in the game depending on your choices from Witcher 1 . If you had Shani as the main romance in Witcher 1 you will get a journal entry about her and why she`s not in the game and you get to meet Sigfried but that`s about all i can remember .

If you played the Order path in TW1, Siegfried owes you a big favor, and he is honorable enough to recognize this. This is helpful in one of the ways to play Act III.

The Witcher 1 will give you some more info about the story, but the gameplay mechanics aren't as good as in The Witcher 2. I played it probably three times while I waited for The Witcher 2 to be released, and I've probably done at least six total playthroughs -- 253 hours. xD.

I absolutely must have Adda in The Witcher 2 xD -- she doesn't appear as a character though, just as a mention.

I recommend playing the 1st Witcher game for the experience alone.
It has a very long story, and at the end the sense of reward is great.
Perhaps the Witcher 2 is better in terms of pacing, but the stories are tied together, and the Witcher 2 truly is a continuation.

There a quite a few little dynamics that carry over from the first to the 2nd game, though none will change the grander scheme of things :)

I would say The Witcher 1 is better, in my personal opinion, in the role-playing department and the ambiance/setting. You should play it regardless of what you choose to do with your life.

Volsung said:
I would say The Witcher 1 is better, in my personal opinion, in the role-playing department and the ambiance/setting. You should play it regardless of what you choose to do with your life.

Agreed. Even if you play it later, it matters little, just do. I actually finished it after one year, because I own an nvidia gts 250 (aka the leafblower) and hence have to play in the southern winter.

The only differences are some minor references to what you did in the first game, no real differences. But I will still say that TW1 was a really good game. Also took more gametime than TW2 if you ask me :p

Thanks everyone for the responses. My copy of TW1EE came in yesterday and I'm working my way through act 1 now.

I wish the Witcher 1 was for the XBox 360. I bought it for the comp, but mine was a POS and I couldn't play the game more than up to past Kaer Morin (sp) because of the slowdowns.

Yeah, nothing more than a few references and weapons/armor for act one. I like it better that way personally. Trying to have your choices affect the outcome of the following game makes designing the next game too complicated. Imagine having 16 different stories in the Witcher 3 based on your actions in TW2?

The most significant thing I saw as a carryover so far was the mention of Adda in the prologue. I let her live in TW1.

And the gear of course. I like the gear.

ZoltanPwent said:
I wish the Witcher 1 was for the XBox 360. I bought it for the comp, but mine was a POS and I couldn't play the game more than up to past Kaer Morin (sp) because of the slowdowns.
Even on lowest settings and resolution?!

Almost got divorced playing W1 so much, found it totally addictive. Once i got used to the more complex gameplay in W2 became equally enthralled with the game. After playing W2 3 times I decided to go back and have another play of W1 and found it simpler to win combat, less graphically detailed but the story and side quests better. Normally play strategy games as most RPGs I'd tried just became frustrating with paper thin scenarios and 1 dimensional characters.

Top Bottom