The next CDPR's game

+
The next CDPR's game

So I have a quick question to you my fellow witchers and witcheresses. Which of you would place a pre-order for the next CDPR's game at this point(even without knowing its title)? I would for sure...

I must admit that pay a pre-order for a CDPR's game would be the exception that proves the rule for me. But first, I have to check my credit-card, last time I did it it was a disaster...

I would because they already said it would be a mature, nonlinear RPG. And I know how devoted they are.

slimgrin said:
I would because they already said it would be a mature, nonlinear RPG. And I know how devoted they are.
Exactly !!! Who would have thought the birthday gift i received almost 3 years ago would have led to this . It has been the gift that keeps on giving !!

Dona said:
Same.

If it's sci-fi, I'm definitely out.

But what if it's a scif-fi game with an unrealistic number of attractive ladies?

Forum veteran
Blind loyalty tends to be stupid loyalty. If I pick up CDPR's next game, it'll be based on what it is rather than just the company name. Think about it, doesn't the idea of people buying things blindly because of a company's name sound familiar? It's happened with other companies, and those companies all started phoning it in.

So no. I enjoy CDPR games, but no one deserves a free pass.

227 said:
Blind loyalty tends to be stupid loyalty. If I pick up CDPR's next game, it'll be based on what it is rather than just the company name. Think about it, doesn't the idea of people buying things blindly because of a company's name sound familiar? It's happened with other companies, and those companies all started phoning it in.

So no. I enjoy CDPR games, but no one deserves a free pass.

Have you ever bought a game on a whim?

I did. It was TW1. So I normally would agree with you, but I hardly think CDPR's going to pull a Bioware three games in. If I get burnt, then it was just with one game and I'll be more careful next time. :)

Forum veteran
slimgrin said:
Have you ever bought a game on a whim?
Eternal Sonata, my hatred of which is chronicled throughout both this and the GOG forum. Never again.

I was actually thinking more of Bethesda when I posted that, but it's really true of both companies, not to mention a myriad of others in different genres. It's not something I'm willing to even open the door to, honestly. I can understand why some of you would pre-order a game from CDPR without knowing anything about it, but at least get some concrete details first, because we all have deal-breakers.

At the risk of playing the wowser, I'd wonder why they were taking pre-orders for a title and date that aren't even really "to be announced" yet.

If you're going to take pre-orders to gauge audience interest, you wouldn't do it so far from release that you create expectations you aren't ready to begin meeting.

If you're taking pre-orders to raise capital, I'd wonder why you needed to resort to such a fraught method of funding. Pre-orders are like loans. You have to pay them back with copies of the game. If you end up not producing the game, for whatever good cruel reason it doesn't end up being produced, you have to pay them back with cash. If you already spent the cash on development, you're in deep kimchi.

If what you want to do is support CDPR in a tangible way, you can buy their stock. They're "CDR" on the Warsaw Exchange (CDR:pW). Supporting the market for their stock means they can go back to the market for capital and get a better price for their shares when they do.

Dona said:
Same.

If it's sci-fi, I'm definitely out.

When you say sci-fi, do you mean things like star wars/mass effect, or does that include cyberpunk as well? I love cyberpunk :(.

No. I don't buy games just because they're from a particular developer. That's the long and short of it.

This has nothing to do with it potentially being sci-fi, though, that could very well be awesome. But I'll wait until we know what it is they're doing.

not until I see some gameplay, CGI doesn't count.
but based on the my personal experience with CDPR I will probably buy it.

Nope, first i must see if its high quality product. As a customer i was betrayed too many times by companies i was supporting. Crytek, Bioware, Ubisoft, Blizzard, etc, etc... Nope, not again im not naive anymore. First you must prove that your game is worth it.

Top Bottom