New dev diary 2: Cinematics

+
New dev diary 2: Cinematics

Not posted on the witcher youtube yet, but IGN posted it up here

and I must say FUCK
wait FUCKING HELL YEAH!!!

if you are avoiding spoilers so far then bit not for you
BUT I must say all those of you who feel there are some aspects of TW1 you miss then THIS is a MUST watch for you!
I'm so fucking happy now after seeing this :D
are you still reading this shit I wrote, then get the hell lost and go watch it!!! you'll know what I'm talking about!!!

How I missed Dandelion as the narrator, and those wonderful "transitions"

THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH CDP YOU ARE THE BEST (CAPS INTENDED)

That is art, not the fetid piece of dung that is Dragon Age and which Bioware claims is art.

No, this is real art that just smacks you in the face with how great it is.

Thanks for the spoiler warning :* Avoiding this FOR NOW but omg excitement for future viewing 8D

When creating something spectacular it takes time, effort and a lot of passion from the people behind the idea. The intro and the game in general are a good reminder to the bigger corporations that not everything can be created with money alone.

rtt132 said:
When creating something spectacular it takes time, effort and a lot of passion from the people behind the idea. The intro and the game in general are a good reminder to the bigger corporations that not everything can be created with money alone.

The Witcher 2 sales figures are a reminder of that actually.

Not really. The Witcher 2 sold well - over a million copies - but so did F.E.A.R. 3 for example, and the latter is just a boring corridor shooter, having almost nothing in common with it's innovative predecessor. :)

My point is the creative idea should be better appreciated in the gaming community than it is at the moment.

Absolutely beautiful!

One thing though. They said the CGI idea was there a long time ago, yet I can swear that Letho says he killed Demavend in his castle?

Oh and I came when the cutscene showed Temeria being annexed by Redania. And it looked like Radovid and Henselt were chilling! haha

Can't wait!

I'm as psyched now as I was for the original release of the game, lol. Must resist watching the diaries though. Too many spoilers.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Absolutely beautiful!

One thing though. They said the CGI idea was there a long time ago, yet I can swear that Letho says he killed Demavend in his castle?

Oh and I came when the cutscene showed Temeria being annexed by Redania. And it looked like Radovid and Henselt were chilling! haha

Can't wait!

No, Letho said he knew the patrols of the palace guards, I don't think he ever stated he killed Demavend in the castle.

Not really. The Witcher 2 sold well - over a million copies - but so did F.E.A.R. 3 for example, and the latter is just a boring corridor shooter, having almost nothing in common with it's innovative predecessor.

Of course F.E.A.R 3 was an Xbox/Playstation and PC game. Witcher 2 until EE comes out is just a PC game with high system demands.

I can refrain, I know I have the will pow...ah fuck it.

New gameplay mechanics? Hells yeah. I kinda wished they used a lovely female British VO for those explanatory pieces. Dandelion's voice is meh.

Is it just me, or Dandelion sounds a little bit like Alan Wake? :D I play with Polish VO so I am not used to his english voice actor so thats probably just me.

Anyway...looks awesome. Cant wait.

CostinMoroianu said:
Of course F.E.A.R 3 was an Xbox/Playstation and PC game. Witcher 2 until EE comes out is just a PC game with high system demands.

I'm talking simply PC numbers. FEAR had a big pc following after the first game, so the third one sold 1.5 million copies on pc alone. :) It wasn't worth that much sales.

Dona said:
Thanks for the spoiler warning :* Avoiding this FOR NOW but omg excitement for future viewing 8D

yeah I had you and some others in mind, also ppl like Cory who are sort of more into TW1 and thought this will be BIG news for them as well
Now I'm waiting for another trailer!!!
this looks like an ideal campaign, releasing a trailer every week.
HBO is doing the same thing with GOT and I must say this is working out for these guys!

I've one concern: just how and where they insert these new cinematics. For instance, the part where they say there's a cut scene showing the events occurring in Loc Muine while Geralt is dealing with *spoiler*. The pacing of that moment is already very good. I dare say perfect. If we have to sit through a cinematic at such a highly charged moment, well, that's not good.

slimgrin said:
I've one concern: just how and where they insert these cinematics. For instance, the part where they say there's a cut scene showing the events occurring in Loc Muine while Geralt is dealing with *spoiler*. The pacing of that moment is already very good. I dare say perfect. If we have to sit through a cinematic at such a highly charged moment, well, that's not good.

I am thinking after Geralt kills *spoilers* and before he meets Roche / Iorveth. At least I hope so.

For interested, there is a translation of all key informations from this dev diary to Czech. :)
CD Projekt RED, you are great! I´m very looking forward to next dev diary, changelog of Enhanced edition and especially to EE itself! :)

Top Bottom