Witcher 2-Geralt's face

+
Witcher 2-Geralt's face

Ok,so after playing the second game and watching some of "The making of" videos,I noticed Geralt's face was altered quite a bit for some reason.
Personally,the face they chose for the game is WAY better,but I guess that's just individual opinion.
Why did CDPR alter the old one anyway?"They didn't like it" doesn't really sound right to me.

They worked hard to please the fans on this one, including a dlc for different hair styles. I'm quite happy with the new face. Most people are I think. Plus, new graphics engine and all.

You would have to go way back to get the full answer for this one . Probably 6 months to a year before Witcher 2`s release .
If i remember correctly the devs said that Geralt from TW 1 was a badly designed character concept and with the creation of the new "RED" engine that concept wouldn`t fit so they redesigned Geralt to be more inline with the new engine .

After they released some pics of the new Geralt fans of the game threw a hissy at the sight because according to most of the comments he was too handsome and went the way of "Hollywood" looks so the devs redesigned Geralt yet again because of this outcry from the fans .

This was discussed extensively at the time the change was made, and if you want all the details, searching the forum might turn them up.

From what I can recall, they liked the old face when they were working with the old engine, but once they had the new engine, the old face looked cartoonish compared to the other faces that the new engine could turn out.

I remember a live stream with Tomasz Gop and that guy from GOG talking about it. they just kept changing his face for two years till it looked perfect like the one now.

Love CDPR

Top Bottom