Dice Poker in Enhanced Edition / 360 Version

+
Dice Poker in Enhanced Edition / 360 Version

I couldn't find a post suggesting this already, so I thought I'd chime in.
I've been replaying TW2 this week, and while I love it to death, I seriously miss the Dice Poker from the original game.
Would it be possible for CDPR to "fix" TW2's dice poker and make it more like that in TW1?
One round basically removes all nuance from the game and makes it feel like pot luck. Besides which, the angled view is irritating resulting in obscured rolls and dice even getting lost.
I felt the Dice Poker in the first game was such a good idea, it could easily have transitioned to "Real Life", and I was even contemplating making my own board at one point. Dice Poker in TW2 is a pale imitation.

I agree with you a full 100 percent. Dice poker is far more satisfying and fun in TW.

I don't care if I throw the dice myself or the computer does it. It's all about chance anyway. Would be great if they would one day change it.

Mungrul said:
I felt the Dice Poker in the first game was such a good idea, it could easily have transitioned to "Real Life", and I was even contemplating making my own board at one point. Dice Poker in TW2 is a pale imitation.
It is simplified Yamb, so it exists in real life ;)

And I agree. All three mini-games in TW2 felt like a chore, I only do them for XP and Orens.

I liked Assassins of Kings, i know i liked it. BUT, i haven't touched it for months.
I play The Witcher again, though. (Yes, AGAIN). And one of the things that almost brought tears in my eyes was the dice poker.

SO, i voted "Yes" in your poll; The Witcher 2 dice game should look more like the first one's.

Its probably not going to happen but they should definately do it. Not just 'more like TW1', they should do it 'exactly like TW1'... and fistfighting too while they're at it (has anyone ever lost at this?). Arm-wrestling... well they should remove it entirely and replace it with knife-throwing! I had more fun throwing knives with Ves that with any of the minigames :D

TW2 minigames are one of those few features that shine for the wrong reasons... they are just not up to par with the rest of the game.

And make "Hung Over: Part Two" while you're at it, that quest was priceless. Also release the Dandelion DLC that you teased on April fools :p

Dice Poker on The Witcher 2 was too easy, that's the only complaint I have, same with fist fights (even though I was extremely dissapointed when they didn't add the "your mother sucks dwarf cock" line in The Witcher 2, that phrase was priceless to me, it made fist fights much funnier in The Witcher 1), and I seem to be the only person on the forum that enjoys arm wrestling. Dagger throwing with Ves was awesome, it should definitely be a minigame in the local taverns.

But please, I beg you, make "Hung Over: Part two" and I'll love you forever xD.

I don't like dice pocker. Even when you know how to play is about luck. I prefer somthing that involes some hability, no mather if is a little dull like fist fights.
So, I prefer TW2 style. Only one round

While I think fist fighting was ridiculously easy I have no problem with other 2 minigames.

Regarding dice poker I ended liking the fact that you have to simulate the throwing of the dices, in TW1 I found quite boring just clicking a button and see what the machine calculates without any interaction from the players side.

You know what enjoyed?
throwing knives with Ves!
Throwing knives could be a very nice mini game at TW3.

Absolutely! Witcher 1 had fantastic dice...witcher 2 was a step back with that, and a completely mystifying at that. What did they change something that worked so well for so much worse?

I truly hope EE will rectify that!

I never played any poker games or games of luck in real life,so dice poker was something completely new for me in The Witcher. Never thought I would fall for it so much! Not only was I crossing my fingers, praying, cursing while rolling, but so did my friends , while watching me play ! Unfortunately in The Witcher 2 ,dice-poker was sort of a dissapointment! It's not just that they reduced the game to just one round or the different annimation, unreadable dice or the lame rolling-with-the-mouse feature..... Somehow they killed the joy of the game altogether.
Friend of mine told me that there are specific rules to make a.. poker machine.. a "one hand bandid" for example - like those in Vegas.It has to be made in such a way as to swallow the player into gaming and betting nonstop. No stupid interface,uncomfortable buttons or unreadable digits, or anything that would drive the (always losing afterall ) player away! The positionig of the buttons,the lights,the sound of rolling dice, music, even the sound of coin pouring in your pocket when you win, prove to be VERY important.So there is science even in this and somehow it was broken in the second Witcher and the magic of dice was gone. :(

More knife throwing games would be great. Also would be nice if there was some sort of stat that affects your throwing accuracy.

Would also be cool if the knife throwing was based on time. The better the opponent, the faster you have to react to hit the next target.

I would also like them to change the dice poker, currently the camera is annoying, the physics are bad - i'm suprised that this wasn't mentioned before, because i find the rolling of the dice very "unsatisfying" compared to the first game. The sound of them is also weird for me. Bigger bets would be appreciated as well, and i wouldn't say i'm in love with how the board itself (and the dice) looks like - but that's just the smallest problem.
Don't get me wrong, actually i still quite like playing some dice occasionally, but it was way better in the first Witcher.

Arm wrestling is OK, fistfighting is looking good, but way too easy.

Top Bottom