Contest: Art of War

+
Contest: Art of War

Did you like the original Witcher game? How about its combat? What if we told you that we want to see your favorite battle from The Witcher recreated with your hands? That’s right! It’s time for a contest where imagination is the only limit![pagebreak]
You can dress up, use action figures, take a screenshot and enhance it visually, create a sculpture - whatever! Just don’t get hurt trying to impress us, please (any dangerous/harmful acts will be immediately disqualified)! We want to see the most creative approach possible. Brand new Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 boards are waiting to be claimed. Also, there are still few uber-cool presskits left after our recent worldwide hands-on tour - we give those away this time as well. Visit our Facebook page for detailed rules and timeframes.

Eh ?? How exactly am I supposed to do this ?? Dress myself as Witcher and film myself Fighting ??Hehe ! You know I can show some badass moves. Har har ! Interesting contest. I'll pass though. Good luck to the participants!

Rules are simple: Just use your imagination and one of your talents (painting for example) to recreate your favorite battle from TW1.Deadline for sending submissions is April 12.

*mwahah* this is exaclty what I expected for :DI'll link it immediatly in the DamNation and prepare myself for the batt....er.... the contest :D

Spontaneously one in-game scene comes into my mind which you easily can recreate in real life... the final fistfight with Zdenek. # You just need a bit imagination do dress up as Geralt. # Then find an old man, glue a Father Christmas cotton-wool swab at his chin and put him into a rag.# Pose and raise your fists# Make the shots# Add funny comments as speech bubbles... and that's it.Anyway, I wish all fighters good luck ;-)

Noob question!Does it include our fighting skills with the swords ? I'm a real Kendo athlete and I can also fight with one hand(itto-ryuu) or with dual swords(nitto-ryuu). I won't get hurt by that, because you know that I can do them fine. ^^I have already shown my skills in the art from the Deviantart contest some months ago. ^^

Does it include our fighting skills with the swords ? I'm a real Kendo athlete and I can also fight with one hand(itto-ryuu) or with dual swords(nitto-ryuu).
Course it does. Go for it man. I think you can recreate some battles with those sword skills. Get some guys and dress them as drowners and stuff.

Orochi82 said:
Does it include our fighting skills with the swords ? I'm a real Kendo athlete and I can also fight with one hand(itto-ryuu) or with dual swords(nitto-ryuu).
Course it does. Go for it man. I think you can recreate some battles with those sword skills. Get some guys and dress them as drowners and stuff.
Uhm... not sure about that. Maybe it's better let this clear by MM360. Don't you think ;-)

The first thing that comes to mind for me is building a witcher outfit out of some old leathers and getting a friend to make herself up as a Bruxa. Then jump around like idiots in the forest. Hell, I should do that on my own time.

SlateUK said:
The first thing that comes to mind for me is building a witcher outfit out of some old leathers and getting a friend to make herself up as a Bruxa. Then jump around like idiots in the forest. Hell, I should do that on my own time.
I read somewhere that there IS a Witcher LARP, so others have had this idea, and even implemented it. Sounds like fun!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I read somewhere that there IS a Witcher LARP, so others have had this idea, and even implemented it. Sounds like fun!
I used to love LARP back when I was younger actually. I was lucky enough to live in an area of England that had a privately owned little medevil town out in the forest that existed solely for LARP events. It was miles from civilisation, had about twenty various buildings including a fully furnished INN and bar, and a little arena with seating, and about fifteen acres of land surrounding it. And they had several employed professional actors who would be a few NPCs each under different veils of makeup. One guy i always remember was huge, at least six and a half foot tall, and he was always the Ogre or the Minotaur, hehe. And a pretty Scottish woman who played the bartender as well as naked nymphs and such in the forest. We'd have weekend long larp events with a fifty to a hundred people in attendance. It was great fully dissapearing into character like that.

Burug

LARP!? Can we also play capture the flag? Rock Climb? and sing songs around campfires!? (bring white gull)Ok I'm gonna really try to do this for myself though, some art for the house. And if yall like this, fine, if not Iwill have great custom build witcher stained glass window of eternal fire dying by the hand of the black legba. Or something along the lines of witcher-based faction-oriented-zealot warfare scene. Melatelli in gothic pissing on eternal fire dogs of men. In jest for sure. Golden lion head of melatelli on fire or something.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
Uhm... not sure about that. Maybe it's better let this clear by MM360. Don't you think ;-)
That's why I questioned like this. MM360 wasn't clear with the rules and that's why I'm asking like this. I'd love to show them some fighting skills that might be useful in the game. :) Of course my fighting skills will be solo(I won't include anybody else, because everyone around me is a noob at them and I don't want to hurt them).To be the best swordsman is to know a lot of techniques(Not only western swordsmanship, but also other countries' swordsmanship) and skills.Kendo comes from Japan, but it has been spread around the world as an international fighting sport.So, MM360, tell me your thoughts...

ohoo, that's very ambitious and demanding.@Tannosuke I think as long as you don't hurt or endanger anybody during your pose / performance you can send in your Kendo fight snapshot. Maybe your picture makes such an impression on the RED jury that they engage you for Motion Capture Technic fights for.... a probable TW3. I think MoCap technic is made with solo fighters.

@Tannosuke: It's fine, just like contest has stated it can be anything. You can record yourself but please be careful and don't do any harm to yourself or others.

If i find a big spider with her little baby spiders, i 'll try to recreate the Kikimore Queen cave, using little pieces of wood to make the supports and the ceiling. But i don't know when exactly spiders have babies. :} Maybe i 'm not going to do this on time.I won't harm the spider though, i never do it anyway.I 'm not ironic, OK? I really mean it. :)

Cassandra said:
If i find a big spider with her little baby spiders, i 'll try to recreate the Kikimore Queen cave, using little pieces of wood to make the supports and the ceiling. But i don't know when exactly spiders have babies. :} Maybe i 'm not going to do this on time.
Good luck then :)

Top Bottom