Regarding Quicksaves

+
Regarding Quicksaves

One of the annoying features of the Witcher 1 was that a "quicksave" was actually a new full save. So for those of us who quicksave regularly, and given the size of the save file itself (can be 20MB+) we very quickly end up with GIGABYTES of save files, eventually exceeding the size of the game install itself.Just want to make sure that the devs properly implement quicksaves this time... one file that is overwritten. If we want a "true" save, that can be done via the save menu.

Good find, I too had to go to the saves folder and delete 90% of the saves after each gaming session, it became way to messy in th load/save selection and also the size was huge.. :)

Most certainly, I'm still on my first Witcher playthrough and am pretty much deleting unneeded additional saves every session.

I had a 36GB Raptor as my primary hard drive at the time of playing the first Witcher. I had the unpleasant surprise of getting errors due to a full harddrive after finishing up the first game. I check it out with spacemonger and find out that I had 20GB+ of Witcher Quicksaves eating up all my remaining drive space.Now I have an 80GB Intel SSD, and given the space requirements of new programs it's about half full already. I'd rather not see a repeat of that event this time around. :)

i dont quicksaving should be that every 10 or 20 quicksaves there is some sort of a hard save so if u need to go far backwards than there's a save that was probably done not THAT long ago. it's not gonna be a part of TW2 but i think it's a good idea. but difinitly not a new hard save with every quick save. no no no.

what i do with most games is build up a set of about twenty consecutive saves, then simply overwrite them. gives me a buffer of recent playtime that i can undo if i screw something up, but leaves me with no ballooning save folder.so if i have something like save_01, save_02, etc. all the way to save_20, then when i want to save again, i overwrite save_01 and progress through the list again.

Top Bottom