activate a retail copy of the witcher with STEAM??

+
activate a retail copy of the witcher with STEAM??

Hey guys i bought the witcher way back when it first came out. I was wondering if there was a way to register my boxed copy with steam? I see on steam you can click "activate a product with steam" but when I enter the key provided in my witcher instruction manual it comes back as invalid? is this possible? thanks.

They already said the game probably won't use Steamworks unfortunately. That means no activating retail copies on Steam.

Hey,I've got some games that I've been able to register on Steam even though I bought them in a brick and mortar store, however it seems either my CD key is written down wrong in my game serial number database OR steam simply doesn't allow me to register TW1 with Steam to be able to download it from steam and play it.Does anybody know if Steam allows players to register TW1 that they bought in a physical store on the Steam service? If so, then I'll have to dig out the original serial number since mine would obviously be written down wrong if steam allows this.Thanks,P.S. To the powers that be over this forum. It does not work 100% correctly in Internet Explorer 8.0 nor in 7.0 compatibility mode, things like the reply buttons don't function, and the hot spots for where to click on them are not where they should be etc. It may well work for others in I.E. 8.0 but it's not working correctly for me, and I had to come here in Chrome (which I'm not opposed to, I just don't use it that much) to be able to post anything.

I know this is a bit late, but... Steam will only allow you to register games that use 'Steamworks' usually this means they use some of Steam's features such as achievements, use Steam as a form of DRM or use their multi-player tools. Just being sold on Steam is not enough. I own The Witcher on Steam, and can say it definitely does not have Steamworks. I know, they don't make this very clear. >.> here is a list of the games that support activation: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601#which As you can see, it's rather short :pYou can, however, add a shortcut to your game list, which will ensure all your games are in one handy location, and will enable the Steam overlay if that's what you're after.

P.S. To the powers that be over this forum. It does not work 100% correctly in Internet Explorer 8.0 nor in 7.0 compatibility mode, things like the reply buttons don't function, and the hot spots for where to click on them are not where they should be etc. It may well work for others in I.E. 8.0 but it's not working correctly for me, and I had to come here in Chrome (which I'm not opposed to, I just don't use it that much) to be able to post anything.Mozilla Firefox is a good browser to use also

tommy5761 said:
P.S. To the powers that be over this forum. It does not work 100% correctly in Internet Explorer 8.0 nor in 7.0
I'll forward this post. Thanks for report.

Top Bottom