Please don't let the witcher series die

+
Please don't let the witcher series die

These expansions are keeping the game alive and now you created your last one I am very depressed.. I have completed the main storyline for blood and wine and now I just feel like I'll never see the witcher ever again... there is side quests etc but they don't bring as much as main questsite due to the fact that the main quests bring interesting characters and there is an interesting story. Is there any chance that there will be more expansions in the future? I'm really sad if not because it's such an interesting world and the characters and quests are great.

Something ends...

...something begins...

But yeah. It's hard to say goodbye to Geralt.

i'll be playing tw3 for many years, at least until cyberpunk 2077 is installed on my pc, but i really hope to have another witcher game in the future, only cd projekt red can make good quality games of the witcher universe

i'm not ready to forget geralt, i don't think i'll ever be, but i'm ready to start cyberpunk

it is very sad to know that there will be abslutely nothing more from cd projekt until cyberpunk comes out, no expansion, no dlc, no nothing, and we have to wait 5 or 6 years for cyberpunk... the next years will be empty

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the wording but to abandon a franchise at the height of its success (also the very first widely known game)
is one of the most moronic decisions I've ever seen. Why CDPR why?
TW3 is the perfect conclusion to the saga. The devs have worked on this project for like a decade or more, it's time to move on, nobody wants to continue doing the same things forever. If they just keep churning them out, devs will want to leave too because they want something fresh and new - what Cyberpunk offers.

You either die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become Ubisoft_Sequel_Number_150.

When you have been working for more than 10 years in the same subject, you finally end up hating it. Rutiine is the main killer of creativity. CDPR's team needs a break, so let them spread their magic in something new, let them grow up as the artists they are. Let's see what else they are able to do in a world with any limitation for imagination.

I have to agree with both sides here.

What I personally would love to see is, once they are done with Cyberpunk (whenever that may be), that they maybe start a new Witcher spin-off. Not with Geralt, since I understand his story is over. And maybe not with Ciri, since she is a little OP IMO and since continuing her story could leave a little bit of a sour taste in the mouths of book readers (I just feel that continuing Ciris story wouldn't do the book series justice. We have an end to Ciri and Geralts arc, and it's fine that way).

I would love to see the adventures of another unknown Witcher. Him (or her) going through the world, solving monster problems, maybe meeting some of the known characters in the process here and there, or some of the (in the books) mentioned characters that were not shown yet. That would have various advantages. Such as the character being a little bit more customizable (since we do not have a pre-set character CDPR can have more freedom with the dialogue and moral choices you can choose from in the game and the way you want to build up your character. Of course I still think the character should have a basic outline of who he/she is and what principles they stand for), more creativity in character design and making up events, situations and scenarios for you to deal with and more freedom in the locations you can go.

I mean, in general, even after TW3, there is still a big world to see out there. The world still exists, Witchers still exist, monsters still exist, the countries and Kingdoms we know still exist, as do a lot of the known Witcher characters. That would be my ideal scenario, my dream so to speak. After Cyberpunk, make a spin off game with a new Witcher character. Monster Hunting, Politics, quest solving, meddling with sorcerers and druids, clan leaders and peasants, all the typical Witcher stuff. Taking it slow of course. No "sequel after sequel after sequel". I know that is not healthy. Not for the franchise, not for the audience, not for the developers (and their creativity). Keeping it fresh, always different scenarios, regions, etc.

And after that.... Cyberpunk 2 maybe, if the game suggests a sequel for that series.

Last edited:
Something ends...

:no:

...something begins...

:yes

But yeah. It's hard to say goodbye to Geralt.

:crybaby:

After so many years, hard to say good bye and let him go.
But time to move forward.

So many years , and three great games with geralt...its hard but it has to end someday. And B&W was a very good ending for geralt's story.
And i can understand the reasons from CDPR to move on, and make "their own thing". Something new is not wrong for a developer studio.
Now they have much more freedom and can do whatever they want.

TW series won't die....it is going to take a long rest. CDPR did three games of TW and they rightfully want to move on and create something new because probably many of them are burned out by this franchise. Let them do what they feel inspired to do.

Ideally in a couple of years or so they will feel like returning back to it. CDPR games aren't sub-par games like Assassins's Creed or CoD that get released every year but pieces of gaming-art.

You know dear OP what you need aside from money to create a piece of gaming-art?
1) Lot of time - so you will still have to wait for a new game regardless

2) Inspiration - you feel inspired when you do new things and create new content, when you explore new options, areas or projects. Doing the same thing over and over again will deteriorate the quality of TW franchise because it will result in making games just for the sake of it. We certainly want good games so this is why CDPR need to take a rest from TW franchise and focus where their inspiration is leading them.

I prefer to wait 5-8 years for an inspired and memorable Witcher game than to get an yearly release of TW and then lamenting how CDPR lost its touch because it just pump out games for the sake of it. Good things take time....memorable ones even more so.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Cyberpunk is such a LONG TIME away. I need something to fill the void of good CDPR RPGs. :(

Better for something you love to end on a high note, than have it become irrelevant later on (e.g: Assassin's Creed), and besides, for those who only played Witcher 3, you still have the books and the first two games to experience, you still have a long long way to go.

Blood and Wine ended so perfectly, let Geralt rest.

Top Bottom