TW2 Full coombat MOD cant start! please help!!

+
TW2 Full coombat MOD cant start! please help!!

dear i really eager to play the Full Combat Rebalance MOD on TW2. but it just bugged.

when it start the following window will pop up:

Script compilation error

There were errors compiling scripts. Unable to run game.

game\quests\quest_function.ws[2284]:parse error, near"{"
game\scenes\scene_function.ws[1976]:parse error, near"{"

please help i just so want to try the game,!!!!!!!

thx in a million !!!

That error is in at least some installations of the base game, too. It's caused by a script file that has some characters from the 8-bit Latin-2 (which supports Polish) character set in comments.

Some known fixes:

I think certain versions of MSVC runtime libraries are sensitive to these. Try installing 32-bit MSVC 2010 SP1 runtime libraries: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Use the same installation language as the localization of your computer. If your computer is set up for English, use English as your installation language, etc. This worked for at least one user who got this error after installing FCR 2.

Replace the base_scripts.dzip file; see this thread: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35058-about-the-compiling-script-error-many-players-are-encountering/ You have to do this after installing Patch 3.4 and before installing FCR 2.

For wizards, use Gibbed's Red Tools to unpack the base_scripts.dzip archive, use a text editor to edit the modules and remove the comment lines that cause the problem, and use Gibbed's Red Tools to repack the archive.

RedRoseMutant said:
In all honesty I think FCR for witcher 2 sucks ass. I recomend getting rise of the sword with complete equipment overhaul "CEO"

In technical support threads, keep your answers on topic and helpful or keep them to yourself. The OP did not ask for your opinion on the merits of FCR 2; he asked for help in making it work.

GuyN said:
That error is in at least some installations of the base game, too. It's caused by a script file that has some characters from the 8-bit Latin-2 (which supports Polish) character set in comments.

Some known fixes:

I think certain versions of MSVC runtime libraries are sensitive to these. Try installing 32-bit MSVC 2010 SP1 runtime libraries: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

Use the same installation language as the localization of your computer. If your computer is set up for English, use English as your installation language, etc. This worked for at least one user who got this error after installing FCR 2.

Replace the base_scripts.dzip file; see this thread: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35058-about-the-compiling-script-error-many-players-are-encountering/ You have to do this after installing Patch 3.4 and before installing FCR 2.

For wizards, use Gibbed's Red Tools to unpack the base_scripts.dzip archive, use a text editor to edit the modules and remove the comment lines that cause the problem, and use Gibbed's Red Tools to repack the archive.

OK first very thank u for ur help! i am a low-tech, so let me put it in order:
1. uninstall FRC2
2. download the file named "base_scripts.dzip file" from http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35058-about-the-compiling-script-error-many-players-are-encountering/
3. replace that file to c:\...\cooked PC\
4. then install the FCR2

will that be ok ?

thank u again

I would try that first.

When you reinstall FCR 2, however, be sure your install language matches your computer's localization.

GuyN said:
I would try that first.

When you reinstall FCR 2, however, be sure your install language matches your computer's localization.

i retried that way and it just did not work.

but you said "be sure your install language matches your computer's localization."
my Win7 is chinese version but i play the english versoin of the game . so do u think the problem will be the language? so if i install the the whole game in chinese version, will that be OK? but the FCR2 only has English version, so i am so confused! Please any clue?

thx again

demonsouls said:
i retried that way and it just did not work.

but you said "be sure your install language matches your computer's localization."
my Win7 is chinese version but i play the english versoin of the game . so do u think the problem will be the language? so if i install the the whole game in chinese version, will that be OK? but the FCR2 only has English version, so i am so confused! Please any clue?

thx again

The person who found that problem said it's the installer language that matters. Doesn't matter what language you play in; it's how you run the installer. FCR 2 doesn't have an installer language choice, but patch 3.4 does.

Did you install just Patch 3.4 before installing FCR 2, or did you install the whole Redkit?

And does the game start and run properly with FCR 2 removed (not just disabled, but uninstalled)?

Top Bottom