[MOD] E3 2014 jogging animation

+
View attachment 77531

So I got it working like in Ramon's video except applied to fast run instead of fast walk. Only thing is that it looks pretty unnatural for regular jogging, even with playbackspeed set higher than default 1.2. It's obviously the transition from the e3 videos instead of the full jog. It should look really nice if applied as the unused fifth speed "slow run", since that's what it was made for, but that's not something I know how to do. I'll play around with things a bit more and see what happens.

Also, I'm not sure if I can uncook my game files since I'm on patch 3.1, so I'm using pc_gameplay extracted from Quick Combat and misc animations mod. I'd like to be using a fresh copy in case I want to upload this as a mod. Does anybody know how I could do that or does wcc_lite still work fine for this?

@Ramon242, thanks for the help I sincerely appreciate it!

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 423
View attachment 77531

So I got it working like in Ramon's video except applied to fast run instead of fast walk. Only thing is that it looks pretty unnatural for regular jogging, even with playbackspeed set higher than default 1.2. It's obviously the transition from the e3 videos instead of the full jog. It should look really nice if applied as the unused fifth speed "slow run", since that's what it was made for, but that's not something I know how to do. I'll play around with things a bit more and see what happens.

Also, I'm not sure if I can uncook my game files since I'm on patch 3.1, so I'm using pc_gameplay extracted from Quick Combat and misc animations mod. I'd like to be using a fresh copy in case I want to upload this as a mod. Does anybody know how I could do that or does wcc_lite still work fine for this?

@Ramon242, thanks for the help I sincerely appreciate it!

exactly. This is not actual jogging animation. This is transition from jogging to walking.

I don't mind at all, here's one I just threw together.

As you can see, there's problems with turning and moving up or down slopes. It's probably something I did but maybe it's just how it is.

There's separate animations used for going up and down slopes as well as turning. Did you replace those too?

I did, I replaced all "locomotion_run_cycle_fast" with their slow counterparts, though there were some fast animations that didn't have slow counterparts in which I had to guess. An example being the "run_cycle_fast_forward_triple" animations.

Anything over 1ish plays back at wrong speed in the fast walk/jog spot I have found. Also same problem via walking up slopes, will have more of a look today.

I think to get that transition looking better we need to either unlock or script in the unused speed for slow run (unused currently).Like what immersive motion has done. I am clueless in this aspect and trying to figure it out. If anyone knows anything, feel free to chime in :)

Here, fast walk replaced and using immersive motion. Looks just ok, Tried replacing other variants and looks way worse

Anxiously waiting for this jogging animation mod to come out. The retail jogging animation plain sucks balls. I'm really curious if the removal of these little things that have no effect on performance i.e. E3 jogging animation, E3 UI, that stupid chimney from VGX hut (where the smoke now is coming straight out of the roof thereby breaking the immersion) etc. was an "artistic choice".

So I found an npc jogging animation and it looks pretty decent on Geralt. Only problem is that I still get those weird jerky movements on turns and slopes.

@Nuggit did you ever figure out why this happens?

This animation still strange and looks different than E3 but looks better than vanilla jogging.

I am not a modder and I do not know how animation works in this game. But...

Does IK works with this animation? It looks like when there is slope, animation starts again may be there is not another animation to trigger when he is on slope.

@asfasdf I haven't touched it since as I am working on other things. Most things I tried had the same result re going up and down and any slight slope when changing any running animation.

So I found an npc jogging animation and it looks pretty decent on Geralt. Only problem is that I still get those weird jerky movements on turns and slopes.

Is there a way to let turns and slopes animation be in Vanilla state, so you will only change the straight jogging animation? It might look weird tho, but it's worth a try.
I guess.

Anything over 1ish plays back at wrong speed in the fast walk/jog spot I have found. Also same problem via walking up slopes, will have more of a look today.

I think to get that transition looking better we need to either unlock or script in the unused speed for slow run (unused currently).Like what immersive motion has done. I am clueless in this aspect and trying to figure it out. If anyone knows anything, feel free to chime in :)

Here, fast walk replaced and using immersive motion. Looks just ok, Tried replacing other variants and looks way worse

This is incredible!!! LOOKS AWESOME! I hope you gonna release it!!:))

Sadly I have tried replacing only "forward" anims to no luck. Going to have a better look this afternoon though

Well good luck! Also I wanted to ask, other Witchers, Eskel and Lambert are using different and to me, better attack animations. Is there and easy way to replace them, or is it as tricky as is this jogging animation.? Would be nice to see new animations.

Actually, funny you mention that.

Am looking into other witchers/hjalmar etc Trying to find all the correct files etc As to easy way, not that I am aware of. Just toying with ideas at this stage to see how I should go about it. First things first is to get geralt not to break when changing any anim.

Top Bottom