Combining Redkit with 3D programs

+
Combining Redkit with 3D programs

Hi, i just wanted to say that Redkit also works very well for anyone that does machinima's or CG movies.
What i first tried was exporting some of the models with 3D Ripper DX and then importing it to cinema 4D and then apply all the textures.

And here's what i got.

//Lars

Thats a great idea. I ripped some TW2 scenes many months ago, but if you rip ingame its hard to clean everything up.
Capturing the mesh editor is just genius!
So it does not matter that we have no plugin Redkit->3ds Max

did you use the .3dr files or the .obj files?i use the .obj ones but when i import it to 3ds max(i aslo used blender ) the mesh is kinda flatten...i use 3ds max 2013 x64 and i don't have the .3dr plugins,as they are only available for rds max 2009...is there any visual difference between the .3dr and .obj file?

3dr is much better ;)
You have couple of options to avoid distortion and set some other things.

Btw: How did you get 3d Ripper to capture Mesh Editor? My ripper always just captures main window - even when theres no world loaded.

Last edited:
3dr is much better ;)
You have couple of options to avoid distortion and set some other things.

Btw: How did you get 3d Ripper to capture Mesh Editor? My ripper always just captures main window - even when theres no world loaded.

Works fine, you just need to have the asset browser as a seperate window,.

Ah ok I got it. Id did not work because I had a world loaded before. It just works directly after Redkit is startet.

But without .3dr import it is useless. Witz .obj importer size of object and orientation are wrong, and, even worse, its completely distorted and warped.
That guy should really create an import plugin for newer 3ds Max versions...

I don't think Ripper is necessary, You can just export the static mesh as .fbx, .obj, or .3ds right from the scene exporter in RedKit.

Using ripper isn't completely legal if you wan't to steal stuff from inside of other games. But tbh i'm also planning to use this program. I'm gonna capture building models and cut them into small modules so i can build various buildings inside editor and not being restricted to existing building designs.

One thing I noticed After exporting the statue from the elven gardens as .3ds and importing into blender the mesh was very, very tiny and I had to scale up to see it.

I'm not sure about 3ds max though.

Scene exporter never worked for me in Redkit, so i'll stick with 3DRDX for now, altough i wish they optimize it for Cinema 4D, blender and other 3D programs.

Works fine.
If you set that 1 unit = 1 meter during import, you get the correct size.

If you export as .obj, then import in Blender, the mesh comes in at the origin and needs no scaling to be seen, however the axis must be set to Z-up during import.

also, I'm not sure how blender units might differ from Max and Redkit.

sorry for asking quite a stupid question(i'm a total newbie)but how do i use scene exporter?do i have to load a world ?or i could just export meshes from the entity viewer/mesh editor?perhaps i am missing something..

I just load a world, select a mesh in the scene panel, switch to Tool Tab and click scene exporter, then export scene.

done..thanks...btw do you have an easier solution for importing the textures too?i mean i use quickbms to convert .xbm to .dds textures,but perhaps there is an easier way..

Last edited:
Top Bottom