[Act V] Can't get into Old Vizima after defeating Azar Javed

+
[Act V] Can't get into Old Vizima after defeating Azar Javed

as stated in the title, after defeating AJ I want to get back to Old Vizima to finish up other quests.. but I'm stuck at the entrance, I use Aard to blow any barricade but nothing give way. so, I'm can't go anywhere.. any ideas on how to solve this problem, I've installed 1.2 patch.

There's more than one entrance to the catacombs. You can't go back up the well, and you can't go out the exit from Javed's lab, but you can leave Javed's lab the way you came in and go out the OTHER exit. I supported the Scoia'tael, so Yaevinn was my helper for this part. He had a boat waiting for me, which I got on, so I never tried to go back to Old Vizima after defeating Jared; I don't know if you even can.Also, you should install patch 1.3 if you play the game again (though not now, since some saved games are compatible with 1.3 and some aren't).Have fun!

maybe u got confused with my question, I'm already in Old Vizima.. but I can't go anywhere because the barricade is blocking me, later I will post some pictures. the yellow squares are the barricades that I'm talking about.

I will take it this is after you kill the Kikimore queen make sure you loot the body I'm only saying this for a few ppl have miss that.Have you tryed using Aard Sign on the logs on the left hand side to move them ? if that dose not work then you mite have to go to your auto save and replay that part I ran into something like this it a small bug where the log fall in the wrong place

no, I said I've already killed Azar Javed.. Kikimore Queen is in Act III, this is Act V.

Maybe I'm a moron but I don't get how you reached that place if you killed Azar Javed and finished all at the Old Manor. I took the boat with Yaevinn or Siegfried to Old Vizima, get off the boat and never got trapped between burning barricades. Is that Jean-Pierre at the left margin? I remember (before Geralt went to Old Manor) there was a tricky spot at the entrance of Old Vizima. I was blocked by barricade too. So I just clicked on the spot behind the barricade (don't remember if it was in flames or not) and the game "recognised and accepted the route" and guided Geralt exactly there which was close to Jean-Pierre's position ;D

I never tried, but I am not sure you are supposed to be able to go back after killing Javed. Methinks you get shunted to the Epilogue, as Javed is the boss of Act V and knocking him out finishes the main quest for the act. Not sure though, you seem to have crawled back -- perhaps you don't have to take the boat and can retreat through everything *shrugs*

What I believe Aziejal has done is go back through the swamp to Old Vizima, and now finds his way blocked.I know you can do this before you face Azar, and actually get back into Vizima if you realize that you left some quests incomplete.However, once you defeat Azar, it looks like the only way to proceed with the game is to take the boat, forsaking the incomplete quests.

aziejal said:
I see, looks like I have to continue on to the Epilogue without the Raven's armor.. *sad*.
That may not be the case if your outside the Manor and if I'm not mistaken you can take the same road back that leaded you to the Manor

Seeker said:
Seeker said:
I see, looks like I have to continue on to the Epilogue without the Raven's armor.. *sad*.
That may not be the case if your outside the Manor and if I'm not mistaken you can take the same road back that leaded you to the Manor
That is what I said in my post.
What I believe Aziejal has done is go back through the swamp to Old Vizima, ....
The picture he posts shows that the entrance to Vizima is now blocked.@aziejal You could load a saved game from before you went too far into the manor. Then you can go back to Vizima and finish all pending quests of this area.

thanks for everything guys, my problem is solved.. I replayed Act V, hehe.. the problem began when I went to Old Manor after rescuing Adda from the striga's curse, without finishing quests in Old Vizima first.. so the lesson is, don't go to Old Manor until u have finished all the other quests. TQ, thread closed.

Top Bottom