Social Features (Guild/Clan/Hub)

+
Social Features (Guild/Clan/Hub)

will it have some sort of guild something like that feature, where you can group up with your friends and battle other groups?
:geraltfeelgood:

How would you see that implemented in the game if i may ask?
I am curious on how you see things regarding this question.

There could be a big wide board, lets say 3v3 players playing against each other at the same time and at least 2 players from one team have to win in order for the team to win the match.

More social options

I know its still early in the CBT but are there any plans for more social interactions or a social interface in general? At the moment you can only play with friends that you have to add via gog if I understood it correctly.

If there arent any plans (due to the console or possible later mobile versions or something like that) at least give the pc players some basic functions in the future like chatting in a lobby after a match if you had a worthy opponent and want to congrats him/her or if you want to discuss about the match you just had. It would be also nice if we could add players ingame without doing it via gog so after a match you get the option to add your opponent to your friendlist (and chat with that friend as well).
It kinda feels like Im playing with really intelligent bots right now lol so some more social interaction possiblites would be really appreciated ;)

You know where chat would go to really fast, if opponents are on the road to crankiness already because of a losing streak, right?

I for one would not look forward to see what opponents would have to say, who currently express their feelings by doing the "no GG for you!" punishment move.

And looking at the alliteration label I've come up with for "Foltest" decks in my spreadsheet, I also wouldn't want anyone to suffer what I might end up saying if I had the chance after "YET ANOTHER FRIGGING FOLTEST GAH I AM GOING MAD."

Nah. Game is a better place without communication.

I know it could be bad, but I would really like a chat. Maybe I'm being idealistic, but I think there'd be more good interaction than bad. If they added a toggle as well, people could opt out. But yes, I too would like more integrated social options.

Lytha;n7014340 said:
You know where chat would go to really fast, if opponents are on the road to crankiness already because of a losing streak, right?

I for one would not look forward to see what opponents would have to say, who currently express their feelings by doing the "no GG for you!" punishment move.

And looking at the alliteration label I've come up with for "Foltest" decks in my spreadsheet, I also wouldn't want anyone to suffer what I might end up saying if I had the chance after "YET ANOTHER FRIGGING FOLTEST GAH I AM GOING MAD."

Nah. Game is a better place without communication.

I for my part would agree with idomyownstunts (It would affect the game more positively overall). I play alot of Smite which is a moba and we all know how toxic the community of a moba can be (smite hasnt the most toxic one but it still has some toxic people) yet it didnt stop that game from having a chat. Now it isnt as vital here as there since you can have communication for the team coordination etc but in Smite for example there is almost no real chatting ingame. Most of it is in the lobby after the match or with friends in your list/party. For communication there is a Voice Guided System that lets you say specific things with the according key bindings.

Now the thing is the higher the skill level is the less toxic the people are. Thats at least what I experienced so far there so here I would really appreciate it if I was able to discuss with skilled opponents about their deck/strategies or the match. (Also if you are mad you can just instantly leave the lobby chat :D)

But maybe I'm just demanding too much and this would actually make the game worse, just wanted to see what others think about it :)

I think a chat with people on your friends list would be nice but I don't want a chat during games or even afterward. A "GG" is a nice and simple enough way to say well, good game. Being able to add people to your friends after a match or by entering in their name in-game via the friends menu would also be nice.

Gwent's Hub / Social Aspect

Hello, I wanted to say how much I love this game. I mean the gameplay, all the combos and the art are absolutely spot on I think we can all agree. Although I'm a little bit concerned about the social aspects of this game and don't hate me for comparing this lovely gem with games like Hearthstone and League of Legends. You know the game is in it's beta and that is why its a perfect time to voice my concerns.

Whenever I load into the game it unfortunately feels like a single player experience. After double clicking the icon I get transferred into the game's menus we all do. That is the hub area of Gwent and it has no apparent connection to any sort of community or social construct. Which can make the experience quite sad and lonely. With no connection to other players, you can even ask yourself if you are indeed facing real players. I will compare the menus with hearthstone as an example. When opening up hearthstone you immediately see the friends list in the bottom left corner, you can see how many of them are online and you can type with them, you see what they type to you and you can play with them. Gwent might also have that but by the time of reaching level 7 I have yet to discover where the friends list hides. The fact that the game is made by Blizzard helps too. Each one of their games are "social" games, well more or less at least. The friend list carries over making Hearthstone more of a social experience. You can also communicate with the other player by using emotes in game, I'm not sure if its a good idea or not but it definitely makes the experience more multiplayer.

I can also point out League of Legends' system which is not a good example of a healthy community but it definitely feels social and multiplayer with its chat, friend list, socialgroup/guild system as 1/3 of the main menu. The game also includes a chat which adds to the experience. another game is Overwatch, The main menu (hub) contains a chat which I actually use and read, it makes me feel a part of a community and it brightens my mood therefore giving me a purpose to play and improve.

I wrote that with hope of it being read by a game dev but before that happens I think its fair to see what you fellow players feel about this? Should Gwent feel more social? I pointed out a couple of ways to make it feel more multiplayer but I'm interested what you guys can come up with :)

Pleas don't get me wrong I love the game, its not meant to be negative even if it sounded like it. Thanks

Don't worry, you are not alone with this even tho something like this has already been posted by people - including myself - already :D

It's a multiplayer-game therefore they will add a social hub at some point anyway. I cant think of a game right now that is mostly based around multiplayer and has no social interaction possiblites so I wouldnt be too concerned about that, given that its still the beta.

However its still unclear to what extent they will do so (afaik). But seeing how things go (just look at the shitstorm the GG-System received which was the last thing I expected to get so much negative feedback in the first place) we will probably just get the very basic stuff. When I came up with the possiblity of having an after-round chat people would either ignore those posts or just argue that they couldnt stand salty/toxic people, so its unlikely we will get something like that but rather an usual friendlist with the normal options (whisper, invite etc.) and maybe an emote system that is similar to that of hearthstone.

Last edited:
One of the most requested features. There should be some implementation of sorts. The easiest way to add social features without being invasive is the following:
  • During the match there should be a basic emote system that allows for 1 or 2 emotes per minutes (to avoid spam abuse).
  • After the match there should be a rematch button, if you want to challenge the same opponent again.
  • Keep a history of the 10 last matches played (including video playback, while we're at it).
  • For every one of those (10) matches you can send a friend request to the opponent.
  • Once befriended, you can have a whole array of new options, like chat, spectator mode, friendly battle, deck sharing, etc...

4RM3D;n7464030 said:
One of the most requested features. There should be some implementation of sorts. The easiest way to add social features without being invasive is the following:
  • During the match there should be a basic emote system that allows for 1 or 2 emotes per minutes (to avoid spam abuse).
  • After the match there should be a rematch button, if you want to challenge the same opponent again.
  • Keep a history of the 10 last matches played (including video playback, while we're at it).
  • For every one of those (10) matches you can send a friend request to the opponent.
  • Once befriended, you can have a whole array of new options, like chat, spectator mode, friendly battle, deck sharing, etc...

That would be really cool.

The Social Aspect

I have heard the rumblings in the forums about social communication in Gwent. Not only round-for-round communication, but also for things like Guilds/clans.
The beta has seemed to focus mainly on gameplay and balance, but i do think there is a lot of potential for interaction either in between rounds, or just with a real time chat box (que the active trolls). And I realize we have steam chat and other social media sites, but this COULD possibly take out the "faceless opponent" stigma out of the round. Possibly have pre-set responses like rocket league? (Golly!, nice kill!, sweet meta bro, good game!, that could have gone better for you, etc). Those presets could have vernacular from the denizens of witcher 3 hild hunt as well. (Sod off, ploughin' great, etc)

Something else a little related that I would like to bring up is potential for social media sharing. Either screencap or video. I realize this is all possible through xboxone and steam screencap programs, but having a in-game share button right after battle could be fun! Maybe with options to record the entire game much like rocket league. With watermarks wherever in the timeline you pressed "record".

Just a thought. I know the closes beta is to balance the game, which is why this is in general discussion.
Maybe my approach here is a little unfounded, but I personally would like to see the social aspect of this game blossom.

I don't really need an online chat option. The last thing I need is a reminder that every 12 year old boy I ever killed in Call of Duty has apparently slept with my mom. We aren't a civilized civilization. Plus, Gwent has an extremely wide variety of languages spoken by its players, which makes me think it would only add to the confusion. I don't even know how to say, "I gave your mom a Hjalmar," in Polish.

Though a universal recording option might be cool.

frbfree;n7977990 said:
I don't really need an online chat option. The last thing I need is a reminder that every 12 year old boy I ever killed in Call of Duty has apparently slept with my mom. We aren't a civilized civilization. Plus, Gwent has an extremely wide variety of languages spoken by its players, which makes me think it would only add to the confusion. I don't even know how to say, "I gave your mom a Hjalmar," in Polish.

that's an accurate description of MOBAs and MMOs... and one of the main reasons why i can't stand them anymore.

in hearthstone, people go as far as sending you a friend request just to flame you when they lose... of course, you can deny the request, but an open chat would just be horrible.

Northernjester;n7977930 said:
Something else a little related that I would like to bring up is potential for social media sharing. Either screencap or video.

The devs are working on a (video) capturing mode and a spectator mode. We might see it before the beta ends.

EDIT: source

Last edited:
4RM3D;n7978500 said:
The devs are working on a (video) capturing mode and a spectator mode.
I don't seem to recall seeing this mentioned before. What was the source for this information?

Riven-Twain;n7978840 said:
I don't seem to recall seeing this mentioned before. What was the source for this information?

Buried somewhere in the depths of this forum. I'll go see if I can dig it up. Good thing I have the Caretaker with me.

Top Bottom