Can you make an NPC invisible? Or start a conversation with an inanimate object?

+
Can you make an NPC invisible? Or start a conversation with an inanimate object?

I want Geralt to talk to a hidden NPC. I've tried hiding the NPC in a mesh, but it's kinda a crappy effect.

Can NPCs be made to be invisible?

Last edited:
You could also let the dialogue start with a trigger and a waypoint for the following dialogue (so it always takes place at the exact same spot) and put the npc you want to hide to a slot number like 6, so they are pretty far away from Geralt. Now you can just center the camera on the object you want when the npc is supposed to be speaking.

Milgo, do you mean 'useVisibilityQuery' in node properties? I tried that but it didn't work.

Benz, that sounds like it might work for what I need. Playing with the camera angles is something I found to work in dialogue, but I'll need to figure out how to use triggers. Is it possible to make a trigger that you manually activate, instead of walk into? For instance, if you put this hypothetical trigger on top of a box, and then gave the 'displayName' of Open the Box, is that something that can be done?

Top Bottom