Making mongoose without ostmurk

+
Making mongoose without ostmurk

I'm currently in chapter 1 and I'm about to go find the ostmurk.I check alchemy to see which ingredients are needed and I see that I already have a source of fulgur (endrega embryo) which can replace the ostmurk.I create the potion,but the problem is that the ostmurk quest does not update and seems to be incomplete.Should I find the ostmurk any way?Is this a quest bug? :confused:

JimTheGreat said:
I'm currently in chapter 1 and I'm about to go find the ostmurk.I check alchemy to see which ingredients are needed and I see that I already have a source of fulgur (endrega embryo) which can replace the ostmurk.I create the potion,but the problem is that the ostmurk quest does not update and seems to be incomplete.Should I find the ostmurk any way?Is this a quest bug? :confused:

I can't recall but I'm pretty sure the quest will be completed later after you are advised to drink it. I could give you more details but I'd have to spoil a bit if I do. Even if you miss it later on you can always reload an earlier save.

I did the same thing when I went through on my first go. Made the potion without ostmurk.

99% sure it updates after you down that potion like a boss. :cool:

Espressopronto said:
I did the same thing when I went through on my first go. Made the potion without ostmurk.

99% sure it updates after you down that potion like a boss. :cool:
Thought it would auto-update once you create the potion.Thanks!

Wait, i did some searching and it turns out I am wrong, sorry jim. :|

See link --> http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Kayran:_Ostmurk (SPOILERS)

If you make a Mongoose potion with some other ingredient, the quest will still not update.

Might be best to go find some ostmurk, just to be sure.

I must have never finished that quest on the first run through then.......

Espressopronto said:
Wait, i did some searching and it turns out I am wrong. :|

See link --> http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Kayran:_Ostmurk (SPOILERS)

Might be best to go find some ostmurk, just to be sure.

I must have never finished that quest on the first run through then.......
I did the exact same thing after you replied.Checked the wiki.Well, guess I'll have to find some ostmurk then.

Turns out the quest isn't bugged.No matter of what ingredients mongoose is consisted of,if you drink it before fighting the Kayran,the quest will be completed after the fight is over.

JimTheGreat said:
Turns out the quest isn't bugged.No matter of what ingredients mongoose is consisted of,if you drink it before fighting the Kayran,the quest will be completed after the fight is over.
Yeah, drinking it before the Kayran boss fight is what I didn't want to spoil. Unless you already knew about that...

The side quest to get the otsmurk is cool though, you will get items along the way, and XP.Although I don;t really think you actually need the mongoose to beat the kayran.

BenDav said:
The side quest to get the otsmurk is cool though, you will get items along the way, and XP.Although I don;t really think you actually need the mongoose to beat the kayran.

Yeah, it's not mandatory. Crafting the Kayran trap is useful.

BenDav said:
Actually it didn't even hit me once with the poison.The most dangerous thing about it are its tentacles.

Being able to brew the mongoose potion without Ostmurk plays like glitch/bug. Because it invalidates the quest for ostmurk. It really should be patched.

Top Bottom