About Loredo

+
About Loredo

Spoiler Alert!

What decision you made in Iorveth path at the ending of chapter 1. Save the elven girls (also they are whores or just normal elves? I cant recall) or you decided to follow Loredo and kill him?

I ask because it seems this decision have a big outcome with the enhanced edition new endings I mean: If you save the elven girls Loredo will sell Flotsam to Kaedwen and they will "kick" out every non-human from Flotsam and they will make it a militar outpost...but if you kill Loredo it seems things stay more normal and a Temerian noble-Kaedweni hater is under control now.

Am I wrong, opinions? etc etc.

Loredo's only fate is to die by my hand, I will accept nothing else. His cancerous touch will no longer trouble the northern kingdoms.

Alberto-Franco said:
Spoiler Alert!

What decision you made in Iorveth path at the ending of chapter 1. Save the elven girls (also they are whores or just normal elves? I cant recall) or you decided to follow Loredo and kill him?

I ask because it seems this decision have a big outcome with the enhanced edition new endings I mean: If you save the elven girls Loredo will sell Flotsam to Kaedwen and they will "kick" out every non-human from Flotsam and they will make it a militar outpost...but if you kill Loredo it seems things stay more normal and a Temerian noble-Kaedweni hater is under control now.

Am I wrong, opinions? etc etc.

Dont mind Bloth, he's just playing his "drunken viking chieftain" character here... :p

I think theres no right or wrong answer, but only the outcome you can live better with...

My personal take is that I care more for the elven girls to live than Loredo to die (not that he doesnt deserve it, it's just you cant get everything your way, as in life :p). That is a more personal choice, considering I think I want to be a more caring than venge6ful character...

Considering the wider picture, (always from the non-humans/Scoia tael perspective of Iorveth's path) Id say I much rather have a Free Upper Aedirn for humans and non humans, than a sufferable ghetto in Flotsam... Again, its not that I wouldnt like Loredo's head on a spike (Im with Bloth in that regard, his heart it's in the right place :) ). It's just that it is not within my priorities. :)

When there are defenseless people in need of immediate, lifesaving aid, my Geralt doesn't think about the decision. That is who he is and what he stands for. It got him killed at Rivia, but that didn't change his ways.

He doesn't give a spoiled spud for politics, and that includes which corrupt provincial bigot controls Flotsam. Nor does he feel a need to take the law into his own hands and be judge, jury, and executioner against another person. As Iorveth said, Loredo will die by another's hand soon enough; there is no call for it to be Geralt's own.

GuyN said:
When there are defenseless people in need of immediate, lifesaving aid, my Geralt doesn't think about the decision. That is who he is and what he stands for. It got him killed at Rivia, but that didn't change his ways.

He doesn't give a spoiled spud for politics, and that includes which corrupt provincial bigot controls Flotsam. Nor does he feel a need to take the law into his own hands and be judge, jury, and executioner against another person. As Iorveth said, Loredo will die by another's hand soon enough; there is no call for it to be Geralt's own.
I was thinking "Loredo needs to die" until I read this, and what you say feels so RIGHT.

Going after the Loredo just seem rather...off to me even if it potentialy has a better outcome in the long run (maybe). It doesn’t really make sense as something Geralt would do, he just doesn’t think like that. I know it’s a role-playing game and he has amnesia so you have an excuse to mess with his personality but it’s still seem too far from what he is to feel natural (tho I've not read all of the books so I could be wrong). Also IMO it doesn’t really make sense with the conversation you just had with Iorveth

Iorveth: “We sail. Our women are prepared to die.”
Geralt: “but I’m not prepared to let murder happen. I’m going ashore.”
*Geralt then proceed to run off and let said murders happen so he can kill Loredo*

I have slightly more respect for Dandelion, since he tries to save them if you don’t (and fails, getting hurt in the process).

I’m not sure if they are Scoia'tael or not, Iorveth says “our” but I think he just means “our” as in the whole Elven race (nice of him to decide for them that they are all willing to die if thats the case) and some of the people in flotsam want you to save them but they could also be woman from the Scoia'tael that Loredo had separated off just in case? Loredo calls them sluts but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are prostitutes (not that it matters).

Drunken viking chieftain, thank you, that's the nicest thing anybodies ever said to me Jack. If it's of any moment this matter kept me in Flotsam for about a week, weighing up and replaying both sides repeatedly. Finally offed Loredo because I just knew that with the broadening ambit of his power, his perversions would only escalate, to the detriment of Lobinden and its people.

I prefer Roche's path in this regard.

I didn't know if you run behind loredo, this dor will open.

Any way, if I play another time iorveth path, I don't see my Geralt let 3 elven ladies in distress to roast to death.

If you wan't to kill loredo just play roche's path.

Odrin ...
Where are you ?...
Odrin ...
Here boy.

If you rescue the Elven women, there are a few dialogues (including the comments from the Flotsam residents) that indicate that the townspeople are shocked at Loredo's actions. Also, Roche still knows about Loredo's actions regardless of whether you help Roche or not.

There's strong hints in the game that even if you don't go after Loredo, someone else probably will, so he's not going to escape justice for long.

I've played both, but my personal canon is definitely saving the Elven women.

dragonbird said:
If you rescue the Elven women, there are a few dialogues (including the comments from the Flotsam residents) that indicate that the townspeople are shocked at Loredo's actions. Also, Roche still knows about Loredo's actions regardless of whether you help Roche or not.

There's strong hints in the game that even if you don't go after Loredo, someone else probably will, so he's not going to escape justice for long.

I've played both, but my personal canon is definitely saving the Elven women.

Yeah true, did not remember that..anyways thank you! and everybody who is giving their opinions...what a wonderful game haha.

The elves already have a serious problem with not enough children being born, so saving the elven ladies might help their race in the long run if they bear children later on.

Not to mention, Mottle will happily volunteer to bring a little "joy" into Geralt's life later on if you saved her *grins*

Looking at the big picture it is better in the long run to kill Loredo since he sells out Flotsam and it becomes a military trading outpost and all the nonhumans are either killed or driven off.

Geralt however (and you on your first playthrough) dont have the gift of knowing the full repurcussions of your actions, I saved the elves on my first playhtrough then killed Loredo on a subsequent run.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that I am not playing a character as in "what my Geralt would do" but rather, my decisions are usually "what I would do." There is no way I would let 5 women burn to death in a tower, just so I could kill a sleazy dude.

Yeah, so you did save 3 elve women and leave that bastard alive, then he will burn more of the elves, Do you know how power he is in that town? Do you think he will be easy with those elves after what you and your elve/squirrel friends did? Think deeply.

Top Bottom