Draug armor - not craftable in act II? (Iorveth path)

+
Draug armor - not craftable in act II? (Iorveth path)

According to the Witcher wikia the Draug armor can not be crafted during Roches path in act II, but I found this also holds true for Iorveth's path - or did I miss something?

I get the two last components from the Drauf itself. After that I wake up in Philipa's room and as soon as I leave that room the city is already in it's pre-siege-state, meaning that there is no smith around and most streets are blocked.

So how should I find a plowing craftsmen to make me this armor prior to act III, where I almost don't need it anymore?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you missed something. I've never been aware of any way you could craft Draug armor in Chapter 2 on either path. And, as you say, it's not a particularly good armour in Chapter 3, so it's probably not worth making.

(Wiki updated)

Well...I just re-checked the stat's and it's actually not as bad as I feared. Yes the Vran armor has better stats, but then again the Draug-armor looks more like...an actual armor.

I think I will craft it regardless. Together with some good enhancements (which I have) it will be one of the best armors in the game. At about the same level as the Ysgith-armor. ^^

But thanks for your reply. It means I wont have to replay the whole siege, looking for an armorer beforehand. ;)

PS: Plus I just realized how the armor actually fit's in the game. It is meant for act III and although it first seems as if using up all those valuable incredients (12x oil, 8x3 leather and 18x3 cloth!!) is a bad idea in terms of creating better armor in act III, this turns out to be wrong.

The armor of Ysgith can only be looted, not crafted. And the Vran armor needs not nearly as much incredients as the Draug armor. It's almost laughable. :D

Same goes for the best boots, trousers and gloves.

So...one can safely invest all those incredients into the Draug armor, as it will be the last grand investment of this stuff in the game anyway. And I'm just glad that the developers put some thought into this after all. My bad I guess. ^^

Draug also provides a good alternative for anyone who didn't do the necessary quests earlier to get Vran, so yes, I think it was deliberate.

Top Bottom