Witcher 2 and my PC... can I run it?

+
Witcher 2 and my PC... can I run it?

Hello guys, I'm a new pc gamer idk know much about running games here but I WANT my witcher 2 to be perfect and I bought a new pc last Sep. so I think it's new!

The question is, would I be able to run Witcher 2? I'm kind of playing it and on really really good graphics for me! but I want to check if I can get better why not? Although, sometimes at the beginning only my game has to have 2 to 5 seconds to load some details :confused: and the sound like in dialogues is a bit ahead than what the characters mouth like the it ends and they are mutely talking lol
so idk what info should I provide for ya to judge; yet I've these done by using a site used before in another topic so..

BASIC INFO :

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Video Card 1 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
Memory 4.0 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

Do I need to provide the advanced info> :3 it has detailed info on video cards!

This is what that site said :

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit
Unfortunately your operating system was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. Please review the publisher's website for more information.

Does it make a difference if I'm using windows 8? -if I'm getting that point right ofc!

theres a thread on the sticky where you should place this request in.

Anyway whats done is done, my answer:

What resolution??

Short answer: yes
long answer: yeeeeeeeees... but the 740m can only cut low-medium settings depending on your screen resolution. If its 1366X768 then it can cut low or medium.

I m using windows 8 and it ran very well.
THe only thing windows 8 spoils for gaming is Sweetfx cuz it broke it..

Also make sure you are running the GT740m and not the onboard graphics. Some games tend to accidentally switch to onboard.

sorry I read some topics but didn't maybe notice that one where I can post my question!
And YUP I don't even know what is Sweetfx lol ok no big deal!

I clicked screen resolution on desktop and I've got this : 1920 x 1080 :3

It's unlikely that a GT740m would be able to handle such a demanding game. It has only DDR3 Memory, rather than the DDR5 of most current-gen graphics cards, and is only 128-bit, rather than 256-bit. I would be quite suprised if that card could run the game on medium at your desktop resolution. On lowest, I can see that a bit more. Either way, short of investing in something at least like a 660 ti or a 760, I don't think you can expect to play on high or ultra settings. And either way, when it comes to graphics cards, the new 800 series should be coming out within the year, and that new series will be more long-term viable.

(Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I am a bit rusty when it comes to graphics)

The 740m is acceptable for the game, but you will not be able to make high resolution. It should play well at 1280x720. Members unfamiliar with this GPU should probably refrain from pooh-poohing it.

There are two different 740m models: one is a GK208 with 8 ROPs; the other is a GK107 with 16 ROPs. The latter will perform much better.

so basically I can't run it on ultra? what the hell my pc is new!!! And I'm running it now on high and the resolution is 1920 x 1080 maybe that's my problem of the sound a little bit ahead (not a big deal for me tho)!

No you won`t be able to run it on ultra settings . The fact that it is new doesn`t matter . What does matter is the hardware inside that makes a difference . For instance you have a 640m video card inside your laptop which is a mid level card . Nvidia also produces up to a 680m which is much better and higher level card . Also in 2013 laptops now have 700m series cards . Long story short , If you`re getting sufficient gameplay ie: no hitching or stuttering or long texture loading then it`s ok . If you`re experiencing long texture loading times then reduce the resolution to see if it improves .

Tommy said:
No you won`t be able to run it on ultra settings . The fact that it is new doesn`t matter . What does matter is the hardware inside that makes a difference . For instance you have a 640m video card inside your laptop which is a mid level card . Nvidia also produces up to a 680m which is much better and higher level card . Also in 2013 laptops now have 700m series cards . Long story short , If you`re getting sufficient gameplay ie: no hitching or stuttering or long texture loading then it`s ok . If you`re experiencing long texture loading times then reduce the resolution to see if it improves .

Oh man, So I guess I was used. I just asked simply out of knowledge if that pc before I buy it good for gaming and they suggested this to me. :/ -sounds of crashing- my dreams of running witcher 3 I was hoping mine is new can pass w2 and at least tolerate w3 on medium. I guess I had too much confidence. SAD!!!!!

You've been the clearest thanks man!

Your computer may well indeed run Witcher 3 but the fact is we don`t know yet . System specs for Witcher 3 have not been released yet but should be later on this year .

Tutux said:
so basically I can't run it on ultra? what the hell my pc is new!!! And I'm running it now on high and the resolution is 1920 x 1080 maybe that's my problem of the sound a little bit ahead (not a big deal for me tho)!

High at 1920x1080 is very good. I would not have expected the 740m to make 1920x1080. I figure you have the GK107 flavor of the 740m.

Newer does not always mean better with GPUs, and salesmen use this to increase their commissions at the expense of customers. GPUs are built to cover a wide range of price, power consumption, and performance, and a big hot-running old GPU will often blow the magic smoke off a new low-power GPU. That said, the 740m is a good GPU for an entry-level gaming notebook, especially if you have the GK107 flavor. (You should run GPU-Z and let it tell you all about your GPU.)

Tommy said:
Your computer may well indeed run Witcher 3 but the fact is we don`t know yet . System specs for Witcher 3 have not been released yet but should be later on this year .

I know right! but wither 3 after that truth about my pc lol apparently will work on my pc as the graphics of Witcher 1! Based on Witcher 2 that is like 2 years ago? and I'm struggling with it. Witcher 3 might be a rider of the Wild Hunt, since this witcher 2 is a fucking beast.

GuyN said:
High at 1920x1080 is very good. I would not have expected the 740m to make 1920x1080. I figure you have the GK107 flavor of the 740m.

Newer does not always mean better with GPUs, and salesmen use this to increase their commissions at the expense of customers. GPUs are built to cover a wide range of price, power consumption, and performance, and a big hot-running old GPU will often blow the magic smoke off a new low-power GPU. That said, the 740m is a good GPU for an entry-level gaming notebook, especially if you have the GK107 flavor. (You should run GPU-Z and let it tell you all about your GPU.)

I know they've got me with this "new" thing! I swear I was REALLY calm passing these graphics topics thinking I would run witcher 3 like no other since I've bought this crap recently. UGH life I want to smash something.

BTW sometimes it lags, crashed twice and I had to wait seconds or a few minutes to let it load the details but I'm willing to wait lol

Is this what you mean : http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

Tutux said:
I know they've got me with this "new" thing! I swear I was REALLY calm passing these graphics topics thinking I would run witcher 3 like no other since I've bought this crap recently. UGH life I want to smash something.

BTW sometimes it lags, crashed twice and I had to wait seconds or a few minutes to let it load the details but I'm willing to wait lol

Is this what you mean : http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

Yeah. I like Guru3d's site better: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/gpu_z_download_techpowerup.html but it's the same program.

GuyN said:
Yeah. I like Guru3d's site better: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/gpu_z_download_techpowerup.html but it's the same program.

So I download those 3 files and then what? restart my pc or any required steps?

Tutux said:
So I download those 3 files and then what? restart my pc or any required steps?

Just the 0.7.5 file. It's a standalone program. All you have to do is run it. It offers to install; you can do so, or not.

It'll give you a display that looks something like this:

I have a similar system and i could run it just fine on high settings but i used a 1680*1080 resolution back than because of an old monitor but I also recorded with fraps wich eats alot of fps ... it might have some trouble on 1920x1080 .. but it should handle medium to high with about ~30 fps which is enough ... well but it surely wont handle ultra on 1920 resolution
i have a gtx 660m which is jsut slightly better than the gt 740m... i expected abit more when i got my laptop last year ... well thats why i will stick to desktop pcs in the future... they have much more power for lower price...

you can check out how the graphics look on my channel on my witcher 2 movies

My laptop :

Intel Core I7 3610QM 2.3-3.3 ghz with turbo boost
Nvidia GTX 660m
8gb ram
120 gb intel 330 ssd /320 gb sata hdd

GuyN said:
Just the 0.7.5 file. It's a standalone program. All you have to do is run it. It offers to install; you can do so, or not.

It'll give you a display that looks something like this:

Thank you man, you're the one that seems to notice my problems with that beast or here thanks again!

Top Bottom